Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Michael Sam of Missouri Tigers Says He's Gay

AsburySkinsFan

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/506902786161016833

RT @AdamSchefter Cowboys plan to bring Michael Sam to Dallas for a physical Wednesday, per team source. If all goes well, Sam will be a Cowboy.

Well, guess I have to root for him to fail then.

Seriously though, glad he's gonna find a space. Upset that Jerry will get to keep all that Jersey money to himself.

Meh, once the real season actually starts I don't see ESPN getting any milage out of the story. I mean he's a practice squad DE, not a backup QB on a team with a marginal starter. Much harder to sell a DE controversy than a QB one like with Tebow. Besides, Jerry will do plenty of things that will make bigger and better headlines than this. Hell if Brent gets reinstated and rejoins the Cowboys people will forget Sam is even there.

If you want to talk about a guy who got a raw deal, it was Jimmy Clausen.

Clausen was in a bad situation, but he also had a questionable mentality to be an NFL quarterback. Didn't take to coaching very well and ALWAYS had an excuse for everything. My favorite anecdote from my uncle when he was with the Panther's was a story of Clausen coming to the sidelines one time after a fumble and as soon as my uncle came up to him he started complaining that it wasn't his fault, that Ryan Kalil sweats too much and the ball was slick.

Clausen was in a bad situation, but he also had a questionable mentality to be an NFL quarterback. Didn't take to coaching very well and ALWAYS had an excuse for everything. My favorite anecdote from my uncle when he was with the Panther's was a story of Clausen coming to the sidelines one time after a fumble and as soon as my uncle came up to him he started complaining that it wasn't his fault, that Ryan Kalil sweats too much and the ball was slick.

Wait, who's your uncle? I'm sure you've shared before but I must have missed that. Sorry.

Wait, who's your uncle? I'm sure you've shared before but I must have missed that. Sorry.

I think I've only mentioned it off hand a few times so no reason anyone really should've remembered ;) He's a former QB coach for the Browns and Panthers. Was there during the Charlie Frye/Derek Anderson/Quinn years and the Post-Playoff Implosion Delhomme / Matt Moore / Clausen years. Not the best crop of QB's to bank your career off of.

Archived