Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's your top candidates for the Coordinator spots?

ZRagone

With rumors of Haslett, Morris and Mcvey stayiing around, it looks like the preselection board met early. Nevertheless, the HC should be able to keep whomever he choses.

This is what I worry about, too.  Being Grudens first year, he might want to see what Haslett/Rahim can do under his watch.  Kind of like new coaches do with players.  They tell them the slate is clean, and they are starting fresh.   Well to Gruden, Jim Haslett may get a fresh start but fans have lost ALL confidence in his/this defenses abilities.

OC - McVey

DC - Morris

Assistant Head Coach (Defense) - Haslett

The mistake was made is when they switched to a 3-4 with a coach who coaches 4-3 and with 4-3 presonnel.  I think give Morris and Haslett and chance because it can't get do worse.....

You can add Earnest Byner as RB Coach, he'd love Alfred Morris.  Definitely love to see Russ Grimm here as O Line coach, also Henry Ellard as receiver coach

Don't think keeping Haslett is worse thing in the world.  I think he may have been on a leash a little by Shanahan, let's see how he handles coaching with a guy like Gruden who's not a guy who's won 2 SB's

You can add Earnest Byner as RB Coach, he'd love Alfred Morris.  Definitely love to see Russ Grimm here as O Line coach, also Henry Ellard as receiver coach

Don't think keeping Haslett is worse thing in the world.  I think he may have been on a leash a little by Shanahan, let's see how he handles coaching with a guy like Gruden who's not a guy who's won 2 SB's

I hope there isn't a change at RB coach. I like Byner but Bobby Turner is one of the best RB coaches in the NFL and Gruden and the Redskins would be crazy to get rid of him if he wants to stay. I don't understand why Forester and Burney were not let go when the other coaches were. Our OL has sucked for the whole Shanahan term and so has the DL.

Foerester is a good OL coach. And when they were moving laterally they were good, but setting the pocket they were not good at all. They need bigger lineman, but Foerester isn't a bad choice. I wonder if Gruden would interview Zampese.

I hope there isn't a change at RB coach. I like Byner but Bobby Turner is one of the best RB coaches in the NFL and Gruden and the Redskins would be crazy to get rid of him if he wants to stay. I don't understand why Forester and Burney were not let go when the other coaches were. Our OL has sucked for the whole Shanahan term and so has the DL.

I think Foerster got every ounce out of a fairly pedestrian group of offensive lineman with good scheme and coaching. In other words, he overachieved in my book.

If Haslett stays on as DC, then I will lose every ounce of respect for Jay Gruden before he coaches his first game.

If he is a competent HC, he will go outside and hire a 3-4 guru.  Wade Phillips makes waaaaaay too much sense.  Therefore it probably won't happen.

Please Jay, go out and grab a badass DC.  If he does, I think we're in pretty good shape and I will look forward to a much improved team next year.  

I thought Jay Gruden said he did NOT pick his offensive coordinators yet and the whole Mcvay thing was wrong/.

He needs to stop worrying about who got him/gave him a job and just get a good D coordinator like Wade Phillips cause Haslett sucks, and he wont be a coach for long if he keeps Hasbeen.

Fun fact about Haslett

out of the 13 years the guy has been in the NFL, his defense has been 21 or WORSE 12/13 times.

The one time they werent, was when they were ranked 14th.

How is this guy even a coach?

Archived