Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coaching Interviews to date

daveakl

Apparently O'Brien was due an $800k bonus from Penn State to stay through 2013. He is getting that bonus.

As far as coaches telling recruits they are staying it is part of the business.

Baylor will say the same about Briles when he inks with the Skins.

What makes you so certain that Briles will sign with the Redskins?

What makes you so certain that Briles will sign with the Redskins?

Not certain, but in my opinion it is by far the best move. Particularly if Gregg Williams is DC.

The Skins made a historic investment in RG3. He had the best rookie year of any QB in history. Setting him up for success needs to be top priority. Having him learn a new offense instead of perfecting one he knows will not bode well.

Plus Briles is by far the best candidate of the field available that would accept the Skins job. Combine that with Gregg Williams and keep Haslett as LB coach plus get a top notch ST coach and we are contending for the NFCE next year.

Lowest risk/highest reward scenario. If it fails, we at least know we put RG3 in best position to succeed. Anything else and questions will remain.

Does every ****ing thing the Redskins do have to met with negativity.

Give me a ****ing break already. Those three names appear to be excellent starts.

Same excuses when they interviewed Zorn, Spagnolo, Caldwell, Schwartz and others.

Briles+Williams is the only sensible choice in my opinion.

Same excuses when they interviewed Zorn, Spagnolo, Caldwell, Schwartz and others.

Briles+Williams is the only sensible choice in my opinion.

In your opinion...I'm a high horse individual myself, but damn, sometimes you have to recognize that maybe you don't know everything. The coordinators mentioned so far seem as legit as Briles (who I'm not thrilled about) or O'Brien (who people are orgasming over and I cant understand why. He was 4th best team in one of the worst conferences in NCAA).

Anyway, point being, the names seem to be appropriate choices and don't deserve 'scorn'.

I disagree. McDermott is a clown at this point and Bevell is Jason Garrett at best.

Briles is an out of the box disruptive force with proven success at horrid institutions.

The turn around at Baylor is monumental and far more impressive than almost anything you can accomplish in the NFL given the nature of college football. His stint at Houston was nearly as impressive given the resources he had.

The guy is a visionary and it would be asinine to pass on him because of the poison pill Shanny planted. Compared to what else is available it's a no brainer.

Shanahan is far better than Bevell, Whisenhunt, McDermott and O'Brein.

Status quo will not work here. Briles is a competent hard working Spurrier with a once in a lifetime athlete at QB here.

So Briles version of the pistol will be so much better than Shanahans'. I just don't know if I can believe that. We had 'visionary' type O sets last year. I really don't think we need a visionary to make 'once in a lifetime athleticism' work.

So Briles version of the pistol will be so much better than Shanahans'. I just don't know if I can believe that. We had 'visionary' type O sets last year. I really don't think we need a visionary to make 'once in a lifetime athleticism' work.

Kyle adapted some Baylor offense in the New Orleans game in 2012. Then converted it to his adaptation as the year progressed and into 2013.

Briles is a visionary beyond play design. He converted two bottom dwellers to legitimate programs.

The man gets the best out of his talent. RG3, Josh Gordon and others were 3 star recruits he made into premiere athletes.

The man is a teacher, an adapter and a success. He is driven by challenge and absolutely impressive.

Everyone copied Joe Gibbs' plays, no one copied him as a teacher and man.

Briles is in that mold.

I disagree. McDermott is a clown at this point and Bevell is Jason Garrett at best.

Briles is an out of the box disruptive force with proven success at horrid institutions.

The turn around at Baylor is monumental and far more impressive than almost anything you can accomplish in the NFL given the nature of college football. His stint at Houston was nearly as impressive given the resources he had.

The guy is a visionary and it would be asinine to pass on him because of the poison pill Shanny planted. Compared to what else is available it's a no brainer.

Shanahan is far better than Bevell, Whisenhunt, McDermott and O'Brein.

Status quo will not work here. Briles is a competent hard working Spurrier with a once in a lifetime athlete at QB here.

Lot of confidence in your words..

I like :lol:

Kyle adapted some Baylor offense in the New Orleans game in 2012. Then converted it to his adaptation as the year progressed and into 2013.

Briles is a visionary beyond play design. He converted two bottom dwellers to legitimate programs.

The man gets the best out of his talent. RG3, Josh Gordon and others were 3 star recruits he made into premiere athletes.

The man is a teacher, an adapter and a success. He is driven by challenge and absolutely impressive.

Everyone copied Joe Gibbs' plays, no one copied him as a teacher and man.

Briles is in that mold.

I concur with your assessment of Coach Briles, Sir.

Further, I'd like to proffer the following link to Quotes by Coach Briles:

http://www.successories.com/iquote/author/72919/art-briles-quotes/1

***Finally, "Mbulu Ya Sika Elamu Na Tonbeli Yo 2014 (Happy New Year 2014 - in My Native Language: Lingala)!!!***

***HTTR-4-LIFE!!!***

I've heard rumors of this, but has an interview with Shaw been confirmed? I haven't seen it anywhere.

No. Personally i don't think he will interview or leave stanford. But our people talked to his agent to find out if he would. Usually that's how it's done. Plausible deny ability.

Briles or Jay Gruden are the 2 guys i can see us going after.

Still means we need a strong DC and Gregg Williams would be a good fit.

gruden was in Tampa while Allen was there. So was raheem morris.

McDermott is D coordinator

And Zorn was a position coach.

the comparison is dumb.

McDermott has experience with coordinating and running the show, much more responsibility than a position coach. His experience working his way up through ten years with the very successful Eagles saw him move ever upward.. as position coach for both secondary and linebackers learning every step of the way from Jim Johnson.

What is it in his resumé that says to you he can't d it?

the fact he works for Ron Rivera? The fact Ron Rivera has him working for him should be a positive.

He's got the background, and he's got the results. he's been getting better as he goes, every step of the way.

~Bang

I'm excited about Bevell. Excited about McDermott as well. McDermott was thrust into a touhh role of beefing up philly's D after Jim Johnson. That's tough shoes to fill. The D was aging and had some overpriced FAs. He's done great things in Carolina.

I wish there was a way to have them both. I'm more concerned about continuity on the offensive side. We have a great run game, that when used properly, can wear a defense down. I have to hope Bevell is chomping at the bit there.

Archived