Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: RGIII Feared Losing His Job To Kirk Cousins

DM72

RG3 is not that dumb

Dumb or intelligence has nothing to do with it.  It's ego.  The articles points about how he chose where to go to college when a higher profile school offered him a scholarship i.e. Stanford.  He wants to be the guy on the field and KC performed well in relief vs Balt. and the Browns.  That was enough to plant a seed of concern.  RG is human as much as the "lose the brace crowd" of last season might think that he has a giant "S" costume beneath his uniform.

In light of the previous report inaccurate report that was refuted by ALL parties Baylor, Mike Shananhan and Griffin how the hell are people listening to yet another negative report about Griffin?

The power of the media is scary. Griffin busted his tail off in rehab because that is who he is. PERIOD. If I was his back-up he would have rehabbed just as hard.

Griffin is no more insecure about his position then any QB with a viable back-up.

And the notion that Griffin's feelings would guide Mike Shanahan decisions is absurd.

The more troubling aspect of this report is that SOME ONE IN ASHBURN IS RUNNING THEIR MOUTH OFF AND NEEDS TO STOP.

In light of the previous report inaccurate report that was refuted by ALL parties Baylor, Mike Shananhan and Griffin how the hell are people listening to yet another negative report about Griffin?

The power of the media is scary. Griffin busted his tail off in rehab because that is who he is. PERIOD. If I was his back-up he would have rehabbed just as hard.

Griffin is no more insecure about his position then any QB with a viable back-up.

And the notion that Griffin's feelings would guide Mike Shanahan decisions is absurd.

The more troubling aspect of this report is that SOME ONE IN ASHBURN IS RUNNING THEIR MOUTH OFF AND NEEDS TO STOP.

Someone is for sure

The continued leaks from Redskins Park aimed at denigrating the QB and turning it ALL onto him to deflect away from the Coaching problems has gotten BEYOND a joke. 

It's blighted this regime and is to their absolute detriment, 

I have no proof of this. (But as much as anyone saying the opposite.) I believe the leaks are emanating from the HC and OC. Just my opinion. But it's getting FAR too coincidental. 

Hail. 

The continued leaks from Redskins Park aimed at denigrating the QB and turning it ALL onto him to deflect away from the Coaching problems has gotten BEYOND a joke. 

It's blighted this regime and is to their absolute detriment, 

I have no proof of this. (But as much as anyone saying the opposite.) I believe the leaks are emanating from the HC and OC. Just my opinion. But it's getting FAR too coincidental. 

Hail. 

There are leaks coming for the team. They are either sanctioned by Shanahan or he's lost control of his people. 

RG3's thinking is understandable.  I think it's normal for any injured QB to worry about loosing their spot. Don't think he rehabbed overtime for that reason though. But if he did, so what? He's a competitor. I don't see what the issue is.

There are leaks coming for the team. They are either sanctioned by Shanahan or he's lost control of his people. 

Rufus, you commented on an article where an anonymous NFL exec talks about the Redskins roster.

Do you believe that that means that that person was actually sanctioned by his bosses, or do you think he works for a team that lost control of it's people?

But one thing I don't get is this: who are these ppl that leak things and why do they do it? What do they get out of it?

Are they actually in the organization or are they just like security guards that work at the facility?

I have no idea why you want to divulge anything that could piss off your superiors even if you're anonymous.

the bleak assessment of the Skins roster one

The one with a scout without a job in the NFL, a GM without a job in the league and an anonymous guy working somewhere in the league

I didn't see anything about an anonymous guy, but I zipped thru it, so maybe I missed that. In answer to your question, no:

1. How would commenting on another team be a problem of control?

2. The problem in Washington isn't one source in one article, it's an epidemic.

3. Further the problem in Washington is the leaks which are clearly intended to cut down the team's QB.

4. Many of the leaks are clearly lies.

So, no. And who cares?

I'm calling B.S. on this article. Cousins will be a starter in this league. Not for the Washington Redskins!  The reporting coming out of the NFL Network just flat out sucks.

KC will be a starter in this league but not for long. He isn't a good QB like we think he is. 

KC will be a starter in this league but not for long. He isn't a good QB like we think he is. 

He may start somewhere at some point, possibly here even.  However, I can't state one way or another whether he is a good QB.  He started 1 game and was more than serviceable.  However, that is too small of a sample to draw any conclusions one way or another.  However to state emphatically what the future holds based on that small sample is impossible to say.  Joe Montana wasn't ever projected to accomplish what he did.  Not even close.  Not saying he's the next Joe Montana, but Joe Montana wasn't supposed to do what he did.

www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000289781/article/redskins-officials-rgiii-feared-job-loss-to-kirk-cousins

I knew he did. That's the main reason he insisted on staying in the game last year versus the Seahawks. People can disagree all they want to but Shanahan created an unnecessary distraction for RGIII by drafted Cousins.

To say "I knew he did" would imply that this article somehow provides proof of this useless theory.  Could you please point out to us where this proof is?

Four and a fourth quarters of Kirk Cousins made RGIII that nervous? I doubt it. SeriouslyWhat's more likely: he just wanted to play to prove that he could get back to the level that he was at or that he was scared that Cousins would take his job?

My opinion is that he got nervous as soon as Cousins was drafted.

Why is everyone searching for a smoking gun or definitive proof of everything. Unless this is a children's TV show, there probably isn't one sole reason for anything.

People are complicated. It is very likely that Griffin did not want to lose his job or status last year. It is also very likely that several other factors also contributed to the decisions he made as well.

We have all played sports before, so it's ridiculous to think that an athlete wouldn't think about job security at all in this situation. It is a very natural and primal instinct. But even though I'm 100% sure it factored in, I would think it was pretty far down the list of reasons Griffin kept playing last year or insisted on starting in week 1 of this year.

Archived