Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Better Redskins head coach: Norv or Shanny?

justice98

Norv or Shanahan  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who'll be considered the better Redskins head coach?

• Norv
    • Shanahan

I have come to accept the fact that this has become a season we just have to take our lumps, but I still believe in the overall direction of the club, and I believe it would be a huge mistake to start over with another head coach and staff.  

Even though he could well end the year with more loses his first 4 years than any HC in Redskins history?

Hail. 

Even though he could well end the year with more loses his first 4 years than any HC in Redskins history?

Hail. 

Well that remains to be seen.  Even though the Redskins were largely outclassed for most of the game today, they did rally at the end...and yes that does mean something.

I think the man is a proven winner, and I believe in what he is doing here.  I still hold to the fact that he has not had enough time without distractions, mopping up the mess and cleaning up the loser "get paid for nothing" culture that was here, and being able to bring in enough quality talent to objectively judge him on the bottom line.  

Call it an excuse for him all you want, but he has not had one normal NFL off-season since he arrived here.  Not one.  

Norv Turner wins this because Turner had less talent than shanny has. When comparing their first 4 seasons, Norv didn't loose as bad as Shanny has. After Norvs first year, he played every team at any level tough. Norv's team looked more organized where as Shannys team looks so dysfunctional.

I'm not sure what he does now.  On paper, there aren't any better coaches than Shanny, although there are the Cowers etc who will need to have authority to tear apart the team and rebuild it in their own image.  Anyone else has to be a well reasoned leap of faith - either an up and coming coordinator or a college coach.  And that coach will be getting a depleted roster to build back up without a first this year.  I'm sure there will be no lack of applicants, but there will be competition for the best prospects too.

Snyder needs to find a proper GM that knows where to find a coach that is ready to prove himself. Most likely a coordinator or successful college coach that turned a poor program into a winning won. We need a LEADER. No more splash moves. No Chucky or Cower. No more over powering coaches.

Norv had less talent to work with only because Norv was putrid at evaluating or developing talent. This is the guy who cut Frank Wychek and Rich Gannon to make room for Heath Shuler and that useless Cowgirls TE who caught maybe 4 passes (Novacek?) With us before demanding his release. This is a guy who refused to trade Skip Hicks when he had suitors.

Norv had seven years and our teams appeared spineless... Shanny is operating with reduced talent BC of cap penalty. Nor is a Terrible head coach. A decent offensive coordinator but he should go to college and join his brother... Give me Shanny... at least the team will have the potential to win..

I was seven when Norv was fired. I liked him as a coach out of pity because I thought he always looked so sad and clueless on the sidelines lol 

Don't remember him much as an actual coach

Consider that a blessing.  But, if you wanna know what it was like, consider Shanny starting out 3-7 FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS!

Bad defense.

Bad Special Teams.

Inconsistent offense and coaching.

As I recall, Norv was 3-27-1 in games decided by less than 7 points, if you can believe it.

That said, I voted for Norv in the poll.  He's done some serious winning in this league with a variety of teams and QBs. 

Shanny had a nice 3 year stretch with a HOF QB 15 years ago.  He's been dog food since then.

Archived