Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guess Our Special Teams Wtf Moment Of The Week!

Duckus

57 members have voted

1. 1. What will our special teams do this week?

• Blocked punt
    • Blocked FG
    • Punt returned for a TD (By Eagles)
    • Kickoff returned for a TD (By Eagles)
    • Fumble lost on a punt return
    • Fumble lost on a kickoff return
    • Sav Rocca shanks it in 4th quarter (less than 20 yards)
    • 3 or more special team penalties
    • Blocked or missed extra point

Our historically bad special teams until is good for at least one WTF moment per game.

So, against the Eagles, how will our special teams crap the bed?

I know many of you would want to guess 3-4 of these, but you can only pick one.  ;)

Personally, I am going punt return for a TD by the Eagles. Probably in the 3rd quarter. 

crop-spskins141380499571_image1380501001

I hate how there are always so many streaks snapped when teams play us.  The Chargers hadn't blocked a FG in 14 years.  So they come to DC to play the Skins and what happens?  They block TWO! - -  Devin Hester hadn't had a KR TD in a 2-3 seasons.  What happens?  TD against the Skins.  

Something happened this past week against the Vikes but I can't think for the life of me what it was lol

Redskins special teams goes old school. This play needs to be called:

HTTR

lol  EPIC!!!!   I love Gruden's reaction: " I don't think I've EVER SEEN that play..... and I hope I NEVER see it AGAIN!" LOL!!!

Oh, and an even funnier part of the video is the ugly mug that appears a few seconds in.  

I hate how there are always so many streaks snapped when teams play us.  The Chargers hadn't blocked a FG in 14 years.  So they come to DC to play the Skins and what happens?  They block TWO! - -  Devin Hester hadn't had a KR TD in a 2-3 seasons.  What happens?  TD against the Skins.  

Something happened this past week against the Vikes but I can't think for the life of me what it was lol

lol  EPIC!!!!   I love Gruden's reaction: " I don't think I've EVER SEEN that play..... and I hope I NEVER see it AGAIN!" LOL!!!

Oh, and an even funnier part of the video is the ugly mug that appears a few seconds in.  

Lol. Thats why it will work this time. LMAO

It seems like every NFL player has had some kind of career best games against the Redskins. A player can play like **** all season, then said player goes against the Redskins and looks like a HoFamer. The following week said player will play like **** again.

Hail

It seems like every NFL player has had some kind of career best games against the Redskins. A player can play like **** all season, then said player goes against the Redskins and looks like a HoFamer. The following week said player will play like **** again.

Hail

I think there is a psychological component to this.  We have been so bad for so long that when players know they are facing us they get a whole new level of confidence they didn't have before, which turns into a great day for them.  

I think there is a psychological component to this.  We have been so bad for so long that when players know they are facing us they get a whole new level of confidence they didn't have before, which turns into a great day for them.  

That may very well be it. That has to stop. I am amazed people get paid so much money for failing to adjust. Coaches and players should leave their ego's before they go to work. I have said it countless times: inept coaching is often from ego. These coaches are smart but yet they dogmatically stick to something that isn't working(EGO).

HTTR

Let me see...

- Multiple blocked kicks...already done

- Punt return for touchdown by opponent... already done, multiple times

- Coach on field (WTF)... Yea, done that

- Only team to not be able to kick this new helium NFL Kickoff ball into the stands on Kickoffs... Yea that's us

- Have zero threat to return any punt/kickoff of any significance... Every week, Seriously, a waiver wire guy out there could improve this team right now.

- Botch an actual nice fake attempt and call in a huge game that was wide open...Oops, last week

Anyway, you got me. I'm out of guessng

The only thing we haven't had yet is a lost fumble on KR or Punt. We've fumbled balls but recovered them. I think this is the week we lose one on a fumble, and it'll be at a backbreaking time in the game.

Yep, you know it's coming. I picked on a punt. Now on the opposite side when we kick (KR or P) to them, you'll see 2 or 3 of our players over pursuing the player who catches the ball. They like to go around them, not at them. It's almost like watching the Keystone cops going around a light pole, then crashing together.  

Archived