Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 Redskins Off-Season

98ORAKPO98

I wonder how much cap space we will actually have. I would imagine the cap penalty will contine to haunt us, as we have restructured contracts to move money into 2014 and 2015. So **** John Mara!

I am of course speculating here. Anybody know what the cap numbers actually look like?

Who would you suggest take the helm as DC?

And should the Shanahan's stick around or be let go?

Off the top of my head Spanos back would nice. Crenels about the best 34 guy currently out of work.

As for the Shanahans, time will tell as to how this year plays out. I was leaving that for the sake of peace and harmony in this thread.

Hail.

Off the top of my head Spanos back would nice. Crenels about the best 34 guy currently out of work.

As for the Shanahans, time will tell as to how this year plays out. I was leaving that for the sake of peace and harmony in this thread.

Hail.

I'm gonna add Ron Rivera to that list. Don't think he's back in Carolina.

So $25 million before cuts and re-signings? Not too bad. You have to think Orakpo will cost a pretty penny to keep, but it is certainly a much better situation than it has been. We should have the cash to upgrade a few spots.

You have to think safety is our biggest need. We could also use help at middle linebacker and corner.

On offense I think we need to be looking for interior linemen more than anything else. Maybe a RT or WR.

The biggest thing we need is more talent at the bottom of the roster. Our poor special teams play speaks to a lack of depth.

Resign: Riley, Hall, Jackson, Doughty, Barnett and Tapp. Drive Brandon Meriweather to the airport.

-Back a Brinks truck up to Ray Horton's house. He will be our DC.

-Sign WR Hakeem Nicks. 5year 35mil, 25mil guaranteed. (Injury/games played clause in contract to protect us) injury history lowers the price and he bails on the NY disaster. F Mara

-Sign S Bernard Pollard. 4year 15mil, 10mil guaranteed. Comes back to the familiar DMV area. Allows us to work/develop Rambo/Thomas at FS

OR -Trade 3rd for Josh Gordon and do not sign Nicks/Pollard. If done, sign S Jarius Byrd 5year 40million 32mil guaranteed. (His injury brings price down)

So either Nicks/Pollard or Gordon/Byrd plus the below.

-Sign RT Eric Winston. 3yr 9.5mil 6.5 mil guaranteed. I know this has been beaten to the ground but he's very solid and would do wonders as a Polumbus upgrade.

- Sign CB Vontae Davis 5year 21mil, 15mil guaranteed. We lose out on Talib but grab a physical man corner to combine with Hall/Amerson/Crawford and Minnifeld

- Sign a punter.

Trade QB Cousins for 2nd and 5th.

Release: Chester, Carriker, Rocca

2nd- Draft ILB

2nd - Draft Get

3rd - Draft WR (if not trade for Gordon)

4th - Draft DE

5th - Draft DT

5th - Draft QB

6th - Draft C

7th - Draft S

QB - RG3, Rookie QB (Grossman on call)

RB - Morris, Helu, Jamison

FB - Daryl Young

WR- Garçon, Nicks/Gordon, Hankerson, Rookie WR, Robinson,

TE- Reed, Paulsen, Paul

T - Trent, Winston, Compton, Hurt

G- Lich, Rookie G, Ribs, Gettis

C - Monty, Rookie C

DE - Jenkins, Rookie DE, Bowen, Baker

DT - Cofield, Neild , Rookie DT

OLB - Kerrigan, Jackson, Jenkins, Tapp

ILB - Riley, Barnett, Rookie ILB, Robinson

CB - Davis, Amerson, Hall, Crawford, Minniefield, Rookie CB

S - Byrd/Pollard, Thomas, Rambo, Doughty, Rookie S

ST - Forbath, Sundberg and new punter.

Something like that. We would be pretty good IMO.

Vinny? Is that you? This isn't Madden.

Resign: Riley, Hall, Jackson, Doughty, Barnett and Tapp. Drive Brandon Meriweather to the airport.

-Back a Brinks truck up to Ray Horton's house. He will be our DC.

-Sign WR Hakeem Nicks. 5year 35mil, 25mil guaranteed. (Injury/games played clause in contract to protect us) injury history lowers the price and he bails on the NY disaster. F Mara

-Sign S Bernard Pollard. 4year 15mil, 10mil guaranteed. Comes back to the familiar DMV area. Allows us to work/develop Rambo/Thomas at FS

OR -Trade 3rd for Josh Gordon and do not sign Nicks/Pollard. If done, sign S Jarius Byrd 5year 40million 32mil guaranteed. (His injury brings price down)

So either Nicks/Pollard or Gordon/Byrd plus the below.

-Sign RT Eric Winston. 3yr 9.5mil 6.5 mil guaranteed. I know this has been beaten to the ground but he's very solid and would do wonders as a Polumbus upgrade.

- Sign CB Vontae Davis 5year 21mil, 15mil guaranteed. We lose out on Talib but grab a physical man corner to combine with Hall/Amerson/Crawford and Minnifeld

- Sign a punter.

Trade QB Cousins for 2nd and 5th.

Release: Chester, Carriker, Rocca

2nd- Draft ILB
2nd - Draft Get
3rd - Draft WR (if not trade for Gordon)
4th - Draft DE
5th - Draft DT
5th - Draft QB
6th - Draft C
7th - Draft S

QB - RG3, Rookie QB (Grossman on call)
RB - Morris, Helu, Jamison
FB - Daryl Young
WR- Garçon, Nicks/Gordon, Hankerson, Rookie WR, Robinson,
TE- Reed, Paulsen, Paul
T - Trent, Winston, Compton, Hurt
G- Lich, Rookie G, Ribs, Gettis
C - Monty, Rookie C

DE - Jenkins, Rookie DE, Bowen, Baker
DT - Cofield, Neild , Rookie DT
OLB - Kerrigan, Jackson, Jenkins, Tapp
ILB - Riley, Barnett, Rookie ILB, Robinson
CB - Davis, Amerson, Hall, Crawford, Minniefield, Rookie CB
S - Byrd/Pollard, Thomas, Rambo, Doughty, Rookie S

ST - Forbath, Sundberg and new punter.

Something like that. We would be pretty good IMO.

Hail.

After Kubiak gets fired I'd go after Wade Phillips

After Kubiak gets fired I'd go after Wade Phillips

Well said.

You're right, all those contracts are completely fair and manageable for proven but young (outside of Winston) players at positions of weakness.

This is a dream scenario thread anyway so I thought it was a fun answer.

Not a bad answer at all my friend, but aren't you missing a certain linebacker on your resign list?

Well said.

Not a bad answer at all my friend, but aren't you missing a certain linebacker on your resign list?

I knew that wouldn't slip by you my friend. I debated that quite a bit actually but I decided that he wouldn't be worth the money he likely wants and the team overall would be better served using that money on some other key pieces to address weaknesses than using $10mil a season to bolster a strength. Especially in my scenario with Horton coming on board, he will be able to work around the absence of Orakpo. And I am not anti Orakpo at all

I knew that wouldn't slip by you my friend. I debated that quite a bit actually but I decided that he wouldn't be worth the money he likely wants and the team overall would be better served using that money on some other key pieces to address weaknesses than using $10mil a season to bolster a strength. Especially in my scenario with Horton coming on board, he will be able to work around the absence of Orakpo. And I am not anti Orakpo at all

Fair enough.

Anybody know who would be a good replacement at ILB for London Fletcher that is in the college ranks? One who would fit our scheme? What about the kid from Florida State Christian Jones?

Problem with that article is he counts Morgan, Meriweather and Fletcher as being under contract. Their contracts all void. Once you add in the money saved from their salaries (minus the dead cap hit), then add DYoung back in and factor in the restructures of Cofield and Bowen you end up with about 35 mil available. I've looked at it a few ways and it always comes out around there.

You're right, all those contracts are completely fair and manageable for proven but young (outside of Winston) players at positions of weakness.

This is a dream scenario thread anyway so I thought it was a fun answer.

Why would you want to sign Bernard Pollard? What got us to the playoffs last year was signing free agents entering their prime. Not players 30+ years old.

Looks like everyone in here Forget about getting someone that can return kicks.

I'm against Byrd Btw, too old, too injured, too expensive. Take a FS in the 2nd if you can't have a good vet FA that is neither 3 of above.

Also, sign Fletcher to the coaching staff, like assist LB coach.

Punter also as Sav as lost a step. I would try kickalicious here. Keep Kai for FG and extra points and Get him for punts and KO. He's young, cheap and got one hell of a leg that can put the ball where he wants.

Right up the middle on defense. NT, ILB, SS, FS. I dont know who is going to be available. We are almost at a finishing portion of our rebuild, so now is the time to bring in experienced vets at important positions, while drafting replacements who can sit a year or three and learn. In theory, when a couple years pass, the vets contract expires, right when its time for the rookie contract to run out, hence replacing the old guy.

Offense, signing a stud WR would be great along with a high draft pick. RT would be a good sign and draft spot too.

at most of the positions we are short of starting talent, we are also deficient in depth.

can linval Joseph play NT?

That's basically all he is. He's a two down player. Gets his hands extended in-front of him and dances with the o-lineman. He wasn't the most athletic guy to begin with. He had pretty bad bend overall coming out. Flexibility is an issue. Feet weren't that good as well. Most recently he had ankle surgery in the offseason. He's been nursing the ankle and knee this year. And the recent game vs Minny isn't his best tape. The RG #63 basically controlled him all game. Cullen Jenkins looked much more lively than Joseph. But LJ has had his moments.

If the team sticks with a base 3 man front, LJ would be the NT, 0-Tech. It wouldn't be an expensive deal since there's some limitation with him.

If the team went to a 4 man front I'd want to get Henry Melton, assuming his knee recovery was positive. That's always the gamble, but our Dr. James Andrews is doing the surgery, so it's not going to be hard to get prognosis. I wanted Melton last free agency before he was franchise tagged for one year. That was even considering our 3-4 base. If he were altogether lively again, knee fine, I'd happily take him for either 5-Tech in 3-4 or 3-Tech in 4-2-5 / 4-3.

Archived