Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 Redskins Off-Season

98ORAKPO98

With the amount of salary cap space we should have next season (anyone know the exact amount of cap space we'll have?), lets hope we can have an off-season similar to this... list your off-season preferences if you'd like.

Resign - OLB Brian Orakpo

Resign - OLB Rob Jackson

*EDIT, Resign - Perry Riley

Resign - DT Chris Baker

Resign - CB DeAngelo Hall

Sign - OT Eugene Monroe (To play RT)

Sign - FS Jairus Byrd

Sign - CB Aqib Talib

Draft 2nd round - ILB Christian Jones (Florida State)

Draft 3rd round - WR Donte Moncrief (Mississippi)

Draft 4th round - G Spencer Long (Nebraska)

Draft 5th round - S Nickoe Whitley ( Mississippi State)

Draft 6th round - QB

Draft 7th round - RB

Trade - Stephen Bowen and 2015 3rd round pick for Cardinals DE Calais Campbell.

1. Re-signing both Orakpo and Jackson is kind of a waste of resources.

2. We now have a rookie and Keenan Robinson as our only ILBs. Yay.

3. We'd be hard pressed to fit those contracts under the cap and fill the rest of the roster without a dangerous level of back-loading of contracts.

4. That trade idea is beyond laughable.

That's all for now.

1. Re-signing both Orakpo and Jackson is kind of a waste of resources.

2. We now have a rookie and Keenan Robinson as our only ILBs. Yay.

3. We'd be hard pressed to fit those contracts under the cap and fill the rest of the roster without a dangerous level of back-loading of contracts.

4. That trade idea is beyond laughable.

That's all for now.

1. True, maybe just let Jackson walk then, unless he sticks around for less money, he is a good backup.

2. Sorry, I meant to add Perry Riley to the resign list.

3. I've seen reports where we have plenty of money to burn, Dan Snyder enjoys spending.

4. The trade idea is a good laugh, but still has about a .0001 percent chance of happening, I can dream.  :lol:

With the amount of salary cap space we should have next season (anyone know the exact amount of cap space we'll have?), lets hope we can have an off-season similar to this... list your off-season preferences if you'd like.

Resign - OLB Brian Orakpo

Resign - OLB Rob Jackson

*EDIT, Resign - Perry Riley

Resign - DT Chris Baker

Resign - CB DeAngelo Hall

Sign - OT Eugene Monroe (To play RT)

Sign - FS Jairus Byrd

Sign - CB Aqib Talib

Draft 2nd round - ILB Christian Jones (Florida State)

Draft 3rd round - WR Donte Moncrief (Mississippi)

Draft 4th round - G Spencer Long (Nebraska)

Draft 5th round - S Nickoe Whitley ( Mississippi State)

Draft 6th round - QB

Draft 7th round - RB

Trade - Stephen Bowen and 2015 3rd round pick for Cardinals DE Calais Campbell.

1) Who will play WR, Garcon is the only one under contract next year. Moss, Morgan, Briscoe and Robinson all FA

2) Who will play MLB, Riley if he is resigned and Robinson? what about Kehl also FA

3) They need to save money to resign/extend - Kerrigan, RG3, Morris, Young and Helu the next 2 seasons.

4) Why would Arizona trade their best player for a 30 year old declining DE due 12 million next year?

5) Eugene Monroe will want left tackle money, to play RT?

1) Who will play WR, Garcon is the only one under contract next year. Moss, Morgan and Robinson all FA

2) Who will play MLB, Riley if he is resigned and Robinson? what about Kehl also FA

3) They need to save money to resign/extend - Kerrigan, RG3, Morris, Young and Helu the next 2 seasons.

4) Why would Arizona trade their best player for 30 year old declining DE due 12 million next year?

5) Eugene Monroe will want left tackle money, to play RT?

1. I didn't realize Robinson was a FA, according to this website he is not... http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=WR&y=2014 , Garcon, Hankerson, Robinson, PS Nick Williams, PS Lance Louis, Draft Donte Moncrief

2. Riley, Robinson, Draft Christian Jones

3. The FO can make it work

4. They wouldn't, pipe dream

5. He'll take less to play for a super bowl contender

-Draft a MLB to replace Fletcher

-Sign a RG, LG or C to help out immediately

-Draft a capable RT and cut Polumbus

-Sign a talented WR that can stretch the field

-Sign a safety that can jump in immediately and give our projects time to improve

-Draft a DE that specializes in run-stuffing to replace Carriker, who can't stay healthy

-Find a new punter somewhere

Depends how much he's asking for. R. Jackson/Jenkins could be the better option.

But neither Jackson or Jenkins are game changers, as well as neither having the abilty to impact a football game in the way that Orakpo can and does. Jenkins looked great in his rookie pre season outings, but hasn't done too much since then. Is Jenkins a free agent? I need to find a more reliable website for free agency than the one I used.

1. I didn't realize Robinson was a FA, according to this website he is not... http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=WR&y=2014 , Garcon, Hankerson, Robinson, PS Nick Williams, PS Lance Louis, Draft Donte Moncrief

2. Riley, Robinson, Draft Christian Jones

3. The FO can make it work

4. They wouldn't, pipe dream

5. He'll take less to play for a super bowl contender

5. He'll take less to play for a  2-4  team that is 3rd in the worst division in the NFL?

Jackson sealed the NFC East for us last season.

But neither Jackson or Jenkins are game changers, as well as neither having the abilty to impact a football game in the way that Orakpo can and does. Jenkins looked great in his rookie pre season outings, but hasn't done too much since then. Is Jenkins a free agent? I need to find a more reliable website for free agency than the one I used.

Jackson sealed the NFC East for us last season.

True, I stand corrected. But overall Jackson is no where near the talent of Orakpo, if it comes down to paying Orakpo a handsome contract versus saving some cash and letting him walk to resign Jackson for less, and or Jenkins. I would say keep Orakpo, I know some fans feel differently but I believe Shanahan and Allen are more in tune with my way of thinking, we'll see.

Don't troll or say something you'll regret... where there are pages and pages in a thread that prove otherwise.

You're doing well with this thread so far.  Don't reach.

Priorty #1 though this off-season should be to resign the man in my signature. To that we can all agree. B)

Priorty #1 though this off-season should be to resign the man in my signature. To that we can all agree. B)

I say we resign him if the price is right. He is not a premier guy, and if he request top money it is undeserved. Injury prone with inconsistent play. Wish we could have traded him at some point.

I think Jenkins and Jackson can step up for a fraction of what Orakpo costs. If he were a defensive menace, then I'd say re-sign him,but he's not. Can you get the 8-10 sacks and couple turnovers Orakpo gets from those two? I say yes. If there is a dropoff, it's minimal. Our desperate needs at OL and other positions necessitate the savings, IMO, even with the regained cap space.

Archived