Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ok, So I'm Wrong About Cam Newton

shangster

if you agreed with a poster who said, "except most of those stats came in the second half where his team were already eliminated from the playoff," then you are ignoring records. You are also ignoring that the other tedoes not want to lose as well. Its a stupid comment.

You also completely

Like I said before, the Panthers suck. Cam hasnt played well, but he has a rockhead of a coach and even worse a legacy hire in Mike Shula as Offensive Coordinator.

Cam has flaws, but that situation stinks.

Nothing I said indicates records don't matter. You just fail at reading. I agreed with the other poster that Cam produced in the second half of the season, after his team was already out of contention. In other words, he only produced when there was nothing on the line. Got it now?

Nothing I said indicates records don't matter. You just fail at reading. I agreed with the other poster that Cam produced in the second half of the season, after his team was already out of contention. In other words, he only produced when there was nothing on the line. Got it now?

right, you agreed. It was a stupid comment because it makes absolutely no sense.

If you look at this sport, or any sport, through that prism then you probably are not the best person to talk about sports with. There are two teams on the field. Do you think players just let down? Do you think the teams that were playing Carolina decided to quit since they were playing the Panthers last year? If you do, then you think professional sports is like professional wrestling.

You also never corrected yourself on that Mike McMoy incorrect statement. You are just a hater.

Well your entire argument is flawed. You cannot judge a QB on W/L record alone.

But you can't judge a QB without it either it is their main goal.  It's like saying a CEO isn't responsible for earnings, or that a board isn't responsible for 20 year growth, both of which have far more variables than a football game. 

But you can't judge a QB without it either it is their main goal.  It's like saying a CEO isn't responsible for earnings, or that a board isn't responsible for 20 year growth, both of which have far more variables than a football game.

So do you judge your punter on W/L? That's why he's there, to win.

right, you agreed. It was a stupid comment because it makes absolutely no sense.

If you look at this sport, or any sport, through that prism then you probably are not the best person to talk about sports with. There are two teams on the field. Do you think players just let down? Do you think the teams that were playing Carolina decided to quit since they were playing the Panthers last year? If you do, then you think professional sports is like professional wrestling.

You aren't making any sense. We'll just have to revisit this at the end of the season, after Cam continues to prove what a failure he is.

You aren't making any sense. We'll just have to revisit this at the end of the season, after Cam continues to prove what a failure he is.

there is nothing to revisit, you have made your mind up. Because the Panthers are out of playoff contention, you think Cam will be padding his stats against teams that are playing for playoff positions or something bizarre like that.

And nothing about his career is a failure, so far. Again, your mind was made up before dude even played a snap in the NFL.

Here is a good article from Bill Barnwell about the mess in Carolina. Unlike some, he actually looks at certain decisions and factors and plays instead of just saying Cam is awful and a "failure."

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9806344/bill-barnwell-carolina-panthers-offense

there is nothing to revisit, you have made your mind up. Because the Panthers are out of playoff contention, you think Cam will be padding his stats against teams that are playing for playoff positions or something bizarre like that.

And nothing about his career is a failure, so far. Again, your mind was made up before dude even played a snap in the NFL.

Here is a good article from Bill Barnwell about the mess in Carolina. Unlike some, he actually looks at certain decisions and factors and plays instead of just saying Cam is awful and a "failure."

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9806344/bill-barnwell-carolina-panthers-offense

If you were the #1 pick in the draft and you are still playing like a rookie, in your third season, you are a failure.

If you were the #1 pick in the draft and you are still playing like a rookie, in your third season, you are a failure.

look at this ya'll

a few posts earlier he said Cam regressed, now its "Cam is a a failure because is playing the same." Look at Bubble Screen typing ya'll, look at him, lol.

the fact that you refuse to acknowledge other factors shows you either a)dont understand the game as much as you think b)never liked Cam c)Both

I think its both.

FACT: Geno Smith has more passing yards, passing TD, and a higher QB rating than Cam Newton. LMAO

/close thread

i have no idea what this means or what Geno Smith has to do with this thread. Nor do i know why its funny.

No one has taken me up on my challenge to tell me what's been so bad about Cam mechanically to show he's not doing well OR why he IS doing well...

1. Terrible foot work

2. Can't read defenses

3. Stares down his intended WR

4. Holds onto ball too long

I realize you said mechanically, but part of his problems are mental.

It must have torn you up inside to watch Cams rookie year huh? Still the best rookie year I've seen from a QB...his 35 TDs were more then ~8 TEAMS scored.

Then you were probably beating the drum 'sophomore' slump early last year and were again torn up inside when he finished the season playing at level on par with the best QBs in the league.

Now your gonna disregard his first 2 seasons and call him a bust after 4 games? Yeah right. Your post are good for a laugh.

Cam is no bust. It's laughable to even say so. However, it is also true that he hasn't progressed much since his rookie year. He's walking the Sam Bradford road right now. Maybe a change of coaching staff next season for Carolina will help him with his development, if not, he's going to fall off the map and become another Josh Freeman.

Yeah this threads timing is perfect as he absolutely shreds the Vikings.

Timing is great. Like I said he's got a great defense and when he plays well they win. All this talk about the panthers being horrible and cam having no help is crap. RG3 wouldn't be 1-3 right now with Cams defense.

Could he have better receivers? Sure. So could a lot of teams. Look at the guys Tom Brady is throwing to.

So because a future HOF QB can get the job done with unknown receivers then everyone else should too?

That's some fuzzy logic there bro

The Panthers lack offensive talent. The have a very average OC.

No need to rationalize or excuse those facts. And like with any QB their production must viewed through the prism of their surrounding talent.

Archived