Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ok, So I'm Wrong About Cam Newton

shangster

I said wins is the stat "that matters most". And it is. But anyone with any knowledge of football whatsoever knows that Wilson has the best supporting cast around him. Surely you realize that. You are letting your hatred of Luck cloud your reasoning.

Lol, my hatred of Luck...So wins are important unless the QB has more wins then Luck like Wilson does then W/L depend on the supporting cast? But Cam's supporting cast doesn't matter he should win anyway?

Lol, my hatred of Luck...So wins are important unless the QB has more wins then Luck like Wilson does then W/L depend on the supporting cast? But Cam's supporting cast doesn't matter he should win anyway?

Cam has a future HOFer at WR, a very good TE, and LaFell is adequate, as is D. Will at RB. You are full of excuses.

Luck inherited a 2-14 team. Wilson inherited a SB contender.

Cam has a future HOFer at WR, a very good TE, and LaFell is adequate, as is D. Will at RB. You are full of excuses.

How is asking a question an excuse? Don't start that nonsense again with your loose words.

You know full well the Seahawks weren't a SB contender the year before Wilson got there.

And yes Luck inherited a 2-14 team but lets not pretend that team was devoid of talent. That 2-14 record was CLEARLY an aberration because  the Colts (unlike you're fictional Seahawks SB contenders) were literally a 10 win team the previous 9 seasons, lol.

Cam has room to improve and everybody knows that, including Cam.  BTW, note how low-key he's been this year as opposed to years 1 and 2...RG is on the same learning curve right now, as well.

Bottom line for me is that Cam passes my eye test.  I like his game and I'm damn glad he doesn't play for the Cowboys or Eagles.

How is asking a question an excuse? Don't start that nonsense again with your loose words.

You know full well the Seahawks weren't a SB contender the year before Wilson got there.

And yes Luck inherited a 2-14 team but lets not pretend that team was devoid of talent. That 2-14 record was CLEARLY an aberration because the Colts (unlike you're fictional Seahawks SB contenders) were literally a 10 win team the previous 9 seasons, lol.

The Colts were a dismantled team when Luck got there. rm1369 clearly explained that earlier. You chose to ignore it.

And Carolina had the 7th best offense in 2011 and 12th last year, and they played (and lost) a ton of close games. This notion that Cam lacked talent around him is bunk.

so much wrong with this post.

Steve Smith is 34 years old and cant get separation anymore. Greg Olson has stone hands. D Will was in the abyss until Cam showed up.

Luck inherited a team that won 10 games for 10 years. They had a terrible 2011 season, but the talent was there. Luck has a HOF WR who is still playing like it. They also drafted a really good young WR in TY Hilton. They also brought his college system to Indy.

I used to think you were a well crafted troll, but I gave you too much credit. You really dont know what you are talking about.

Cam has room to improve and everybody knows that, including Cam.  BTW, note how low-key he's been this year as opposed to years 1 and 2...RG is on the same learning curve right now, as well.

Cam hasnt been low-key, there are new kids on the block to take attention away.

And Carolina had the 7th best offense in 2011 and 12th last year, and they played (and loss) a ton of close games. This notion that Cam lacked talent around him is bunk.

i posted an article earlier in this thread which harps on the coaching failures Carolina has had in games and you decide to just ignore that and move on with your agenday.

Outside of Peyton the only major departure was Garcon and Saturday. Dallas Clark was a shell of himself and fell off.

Addai and Gonzalez were barely factors the 2-3 years prior.

On defense, Gary Brackett retired.

A lot of the pieces of that team were still there, plus some new additions like Fleener and Ballard and Hilton in the draft.

They had turnover, but not as much as its harped.

Um, D Will was the 13th leading rusher in 2009

what does this even mean? LMAO.

Dude was in the abyss and still is in the abyss.

And of course a 25-26 year old running back will play better than before he got injured and turned 28-29.

You just dont understand football. Im now realizing that.

Lol what were the Panthers the year before Cam got there? Where were they ranked on offense before Cam? Lol yeah keep it coming BS you're posts are a riot

Reading fail on your part. I never said the Panthers were better on offense before Cam. I was responding specifically to his comment about D Williams.

Dude was in the abyss and still is in the abyss.

He's currently 10th in rushing yards. You just don't understand football. I'm now realizing that.

DeAngelo is a beast.  If you own him in fantasy, like I do, then you know that he would carry Roy Helu's helmet if he played for the Skins.

thats good, but a true beast would start over Alfred Morris

Nope, and you don't judge the Administrative Assistant on earnings/growth either.  The CEO is a leader, the QB is a leader, the punter is not.

the head coach is the CEO, no?

I'm actually curious if you can put together at least a semi-rational reason for your borderline delusional perception of the great great Andrew Luck?

Colts 27

49ers 7

Colts 34

Seahawks 28

Colts 39

Broncos 33

Btw, Cam has balled out these past two weeks. See, even I can give credit where credit is due.

BTW, much respect to Cam for playing so well these past two weeks, albeit, he was playing against bottom feeder teams.  The second half of their schedule will be brutal with Saints (twice), NE, Falcon (twice), 49ers, Jets and Dolphins.  I will edit my the title of my thread if you can show me something, Cam.

Cam has the talent.  He's just not consistent enough.  I live in the Charlotte area, get all their games, read the newspapers and see the local news reports.  He'll wow you one game with a brilliant performance, then the next two weeks, you'll go WTF was that?  It's apparent that the Panthers are still in a rebuild of sorts and their GM Dave Gettleman will need some more time to acquire some talent around him on the offensive side of the ball.  Marty Hurney pulled a Vinny and left them with cap problems, too much money invested at RB and lousy trades/draft picks over the years.  Once Gettleman gets those players, Cam cannot roll with excuses anymore.  Then again, by the time the Panthers turn it around, will Cam even be in Charlotte?

Cam has the talent.  He's just not consistent enough.  I live in the Charlotte area, get all their games, read the newspapers and see the local news reports.  He'll wow you one game with a brilliant performance, then the next two weeks, you'll go WTF was that?  It's apparent that the Panthers are still in a rebuild of sorts and their GM Dave Gettleman will need some more time to acquire some talent around him on the offensive side of the ball.  Marty Hurney pulled a Vinny and left them with cap problems, too much money invested at RB and lousy trades/draft picks over the years.  Once Gettleman gets those players, Cam cannot roll with excuses anymore.  Then again, by the time the Panthers turn it around, will Cam even be in Charlotte?

I think Cam will eventually be franchised, but I can definitely see him as the first big-name player to bolt via FA under the new CBA. 

I think Cam is one of those super-teaser type of player.  Physically, he looks imposing, and when he has a good game, then he really has a great game.  He can put up nice numbers, and fans will fall in love with his physical attributes and potential.  But when it gets down to the crunch, he just can't get it done.  Correct if I'm wrong, but I can't remember a definitive game where his team was down and he led a memorable comeback.  Last season, all three super-rookies have memorable comeback games -- RG3 vs the Ravens, Luck vs the Packers and Wilson vs Patriots/Bears -- and led their respective team to the playoffs.  Those type of games highlighted the intangibles and leadership quality from the rookie QBs. 

I think Cam is one of those super-teaser type of player. Physically, he looks imposing, and when he has a good game, then he really has a great game. He can put up nice numbers, and fans will fall in love with his physical attributes and potential. But when it gets down to the crunch, he just can't get it done. Correct if I'm wrong, but I can't remember a definitive game where his team was down and he led a memorable comeback. Last season, all three super-rookies have memorable comeback games -- RG3 vs the Ravens, Luck vs the Packers and Wilson vs Patriots/Bears -- and led their respective team to the playoffs. Those type of games highlighted the intangibles and leadership quality from the rookie QBs.

He isn't clutch at all. He fumbled late in the Atlanta game last year, which cost them the game. And bounced a throw at the feet of a wide open TE in the end zone, which cost them the Seatte game last year. And he's only beaten two teams with a winning record...ever.

Luck has a pretty solid supporting staff, and he had a decent one last year as well. He had a lack of a run game, agreed, but he had decentenough protection and he moves well within the pocket and can scramble is necessary.

Luck benefitted GREATLY from having Reggie Wayne and an emerging rookie TY Hilton in the 2012 season, as well as Donnie Avery. His TEs did quite well, too. Dwayne Allen and Colby Fleener combined for 71 receptions, 802 yards and 5 TD. Hilton and Avery combined for 110 receptions, 1,642 yards and 10 TDs. Reggie Wayne ALONE had 106 receptions for 1355 yards and 5 TDs.

You can't sit here and pretend that he didn't have a good supporting cast. Credit to the Colts and Pagano for helping to construct that support, but it was definitely there.

This year his supporting staff arguably regressed with the loss of Avery, but Heyward-Beh is no slouch. Just because he was stuck in Oakland doesn't mean he can't play. Not having Wayne is going to hurt them quite a bit as well as the loss of Dwayne Allen.

But Luck is having a better season this season than he did last year. Luck is SOLID no matter how you slice it. I think it DOES ultimately boil down to the type of guy you want running your offense. Luck CAN run, and WILL run, but Wilson is better at it, in my opinion. Luck is a better passer, but Wilson can run around a bit more and create throwing lanes. They are different kinds of players who are both good quarterbacks. I'd say we should let their careers speak for them rather than trying to judge them (and RG3/Tannehill) 1.5 years into their career.

I think Cam is one of those super-teaser type of player.  Physically, he looks imposing, and when he has a good game, then he really has a great game.  He can put up nice numbers, and fans will fall in love with his physical attributes and potential.  But when it gets down to the crunch, he just can't get it done.  Correct if I'm wrong, but I can't remember a definitive game where his team was down and he led a memorable comeback.  Last season, all three super-rookies have memorable comeback games -- RG3 vs the Ravens, Luck vs the Packers and Wilson vs Patriots/Bears -- and led their respective team to the playoffs.  Those type of games highlighted the intangibles and leadership quality from the rookie QBs. 

RG3 vs. the Ravens wasnt memorable, except for him getting injured.

Cam's had two GW drives in his career. I know he had at least one more his rookie year, only for the defense to give up the winning score.

You can make a case that his opener against the Saints is more memorable, but I'm sure if you do a poll, most in this forum would say the ravens game was their most memorable game of the season.

Lol, stop defending Cam's lack of late game heroic. How many here can honestly say they are "nervous" when the Panthers has the last drive of the game?

Archived