Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ok, So I'm Wrong About Cam Newton

shangster

I don't hate Cam. He's just nowhere near Luck's level.

Cam has a higher completion percentage, higher QB rating, same amount of passing yards and TD and has rushed for more yards. How is he not on Lucks level? Cam has had 4 games of over 69% completions, Luck has had one. 4 games over 100 passer rating for Cam, 2 for Luck. Yeah definitely not on the same level.

Cam has a higher completion percentage, higher QB rating, same amount of passing yards and TD and has rushed for more yards. How is he not on Lucks level? Cam has had 4 games of over 69% completions, Luck has had one. 4 games over 100 passer rating for Cam, 2 for Luck. Yeah definitely not on the same level.

You left out the most important stat...WINS.

And Cam has played a cupcake schedule thus far. Let's re-visit this stats discussion after he plays the Saints twice, the Niners, Pats, etc lol

You left out the most important stat...WINS.

And Cam has played a cupcake schedule thus far. Let's re-visit this stats discussion after he plays the Saints twice, the Niners, Pats, etc lol

So brad Johnson and Trent dilfer were better QBs than Dan Marino?

I only have a bitterness towards Cam because of his relentless showboating and apparent lack of humility. You could say that he's simply having fun, or that he's doing no more than some receivers out there(Garcon being an example). But, the difference is that he's the quarterback, the leader of the team, who also leads by example. If he's not showing humility, what message is being sent to the rest of the team?

The combined record of the teams Cam has beaten...wait for it...

8-33 lolololol

In case you're wondering, the teams Luck beat are 26-23.

What does this have to do with their individual play on the field?  Again, you can only play the opponents that are on your schedule.  This was no different when Luck played a very weak schedule last year.  I honestly have no clue how you can completely disregard the historic pace at which Cam Newton has started his career?  It's okay to dislike the guy but respect his level of play as well, it's not going to kill you.

First time they've been over .500 since 2009 and after they beat the Bucs on Thursday, the headline in the Charlotte Observer on Friday was nothing but "playoffs" talk. Seven games in and one game over .500 and they are already tooting the playoffs horn. This is why living in this area is aggrevating when talking about a young franchise and it's fans. Very un knowledgable about the NFL.

C'mon...SKINS fans are talking playoffs (@ 3-5)!  It's what fans do!  :)

Personally, I think the Eagle have a shot at the playoffs too.

NEXT year.  :)

Oh, and Luck >> Newton

What if I told you that there's a QB in the NFL who has less losses under his belt in the last two seasons, and the same amount of losses in the last three seasons, than Andrew Luck had last year? What if I said this same guy has played in 34 games over the last three years?

What if I told you that NO ONE mentions him among the elite, despite the fact that he has done nothing but win?

I mean, we are ONLY judging a QB based on wins/losses here, right?

Oh, and what if I told you that this guy has an extremely underrated skill set? And actually was a very good QB that just started out slow?

Enough with the games:

Alex Smith is quietly among the elite at his position. His record is 28-5-1 over the last three seasons. In those three seasons he's thrown a total of 14 INTs to go along with 39 touchdown passes. He's got a career 59.7% completion rate.

He is the MOST underrated quarterback in the NFL, simply because he's not flashy. He manages games well and allows his teammates to make plays because he doesn't cost them games with stupid turnovers. Oh, and he can make a play when he has to as well.

Since we're talking about records only here, though, let's leave his play out of the equation and just reiterate his win/loss record: 28-5-1. Who's better over their last 34 games?

What does this have to do with their individual play on the field? Again, you can only play the opponents that are on your schedule. This was no different when Luck played a very weak schedule last year. I honestly have no clue how you can completely disregard the historic pace at which Cam Newton has started his career? It's okay to dislike the guy but respect his level of play as well, it's not going to kill you.

For the 100th time, I don't care that Cam puts up gaudy numbers against horrible teams, when he's proven time and time again that he can't beat anyone over .500!! It will be no different this year!

What if I told you that there's a QB in the NFL who has less losses under his belt in the last two seasons, and the same amount of losses in the last three seasons, than Andrew Luck had last year? What if I said this same guy has played in 34 games over the last three years?

What if I told you that NO ONE mentions him among the elite, despite the fact that he has done nothing but win?

I mean, we are ONLY judging a QB based on wins/losses here, right?

Oh, and what if I told you that this guy has an extremely underrated skill set? And actually was a very good QB that just started out slow?

Enough with the games:

Alex Smith is quietly among the elite at his position. His record is 28-5-1 over the last three seasons. In those three seasons he's thrown a total of 14 INTs to go along with 39 touchdown passes. He's got a career 59.7% completion rate.

He is the MOST underrated quarterback in the NFL, simply because he's not flashy. He manages games well and allows his teammates to make plays because he doesn't cost them games with stupid turnovers. Oh, and he can make a play when he has to as well.

Since we're talking about records only here, though, let's leave his play out of the equation and just reiterate his win/loss record: 28-5-1. Who's better over their last 34 games?

Who would you take right now, Luck, Smith or Newton?

For the 100th time, I don't care that Cam puts up gaudy numbers against horrible teams, when he's proven time and time again that he can't beat anyone over .500!! It will be no different this year!

What you're basically saying is Eli Manning is an better QB because he's won more Super Bowls than Peyton Manning...do you not see the flaw in your argument?

Uh no, I'm not saying that at all. That's a really dumb analogy.

Yeah, technically you are.  You claim Luck is better because his overall record is better than Cam's. That is absolutely no different than Eli Manning being 2-0 in Super Bowls while his Brother is 1-1.  Therefore Eli Manning is a better QB because his overall record in Super Bowls is better than Peytons.

Cam Newton's numbers blow Andrew Lucks out of the water so the only real argument to be made in Lucks favor is record.  So please explain to me how my analogy would be any different than your Cam-Luck comparison?

Yeah, technically you are. You claim Luck is better because his overall record is better than Cam's. That is absolutely no different than Eli Manning being 2-0 in Super Bowls while his Brother is 1-1. Therefore Eli Manning is a better QB because his overall record in Super Bowls is better than Peytons.

Cam Newton's numbers blow Andrew Lucks out of the water so the only real argument to be made in Lucks favor is record. So please explain to me how my analogy would be any different than your Cam-Luck comparison?

You make zero sense.

No, you're not even close to right. And I have no idea where you come up with some of this stuff.

You're using records to determine whose better, correct? Therefore Eli manning having a better record in the Super Bowl would make him a better QB than Peyton manning. Disregard the fact that Peyton puts up far superior numbers, because in your own words the only thing that matters for a QB is wins and losses. Do you now see how completely idiotic that "wins and losses" argument is when you're comparing individual accomplishments?

You've completely disregarded the fact that Cams stats are superior to Lucks due to win-loss record however me presenting the same exact argument, only I'm using Eli(2-0) and Peyton's(1-1) Super Bowl records as my example is somehow different? It's not, it's the exact same thing and it shows you just how silly that stance becomes.

Archived