Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Super Bowl XLVIII Thread (Post Mortem )

Mr. Sinister

After the Skins let the Vikes own them, I refused to root for results that won't happen. I know GB won't beat Philly. The Giants will probably do enough to beat Oakland. The only game the NFC East lose today is probably Dal/NO and even that one is no gimme.

Luck will get the blue carpet treatment for this stinker. He was off target, made bad reads and turned the ball over in the redzone 3 times yet it will be bacuase of his line or because the colts have no weapons or some other excuse. I don't really care what he does week to week and best of luck to the colts but I just would like for our QB to get a fair shake in the media. He has been mainly great 3 of the last 4 games and is still being called a 1 read QB, a bust, who can't go through his progreassions blah blah blabbity blah. Sure we are 3-6 but wins are a TEAM STAT. Foles looks like a god out there right now but we know he sucks. Everyone has forgotten two games ago where he did precisely less than nothing.

Luck will get the blue carpet treatment for this stinker. He was off target, made bad reads and turned the ball over in the redzone 3 times yet it will be bacuase of his line or because the colts have no weapons or some other excuse. I don't really care what he does week to week and best of luck to the colts but I just would like for our QB to get a fair shake in the media. 

Meh, Griffin got all the love last year. A combination of the injury, lack of proper offseason prep/development, and a combination of a few other circumstances are why Griffin has struggled at times this year.

And if you're looking for a fair shake in the media, then you are fighting a losing battle. The media has been hyping Luck as the next "It guy" QB for over 3 years, and his skillset warranted it.  He was also lightyears ahead of Griffin in terms of experience in a pro style offense when they both came into the league. He is going to be a great QB. Like Griffin though,  because he is a second year QB, he is going to have some stinkers. Hell any QB, young or old, can have a bad game.

Very few second year QB's are able to make multiple reads, get the ball out quick, and have sound pocket presence all at once, especially a guy coming an offense like the one Griffin ran at Baylor, and then tearing his knee up in his rookie year, and missing his second offseason, which is vital for any QB. He's progressing just fine. Honestly I don't know why so many of you still listen to the media/opposing fan opinions as much as you do.

The Lions are a real threat in the NFC. Looking at the rest of their schedule, they only play one more game against a team with a winning record and that's the Packers at home who may or may not have Aaron Rodgers. They do have a game in Philly which will be tough, but they have a legit shot at 12-4 and a shot at the NFC Title game.

The Lions are a real threat in the NFC. Looking at the rest of their schedule, they only play one more game against a team with a winning record and that's the Packers at home who may or may not have Aaron Rodgers. They do have a game in Philly which will be tough, but they have a legit shot at 12-4 and a shot at the NFC Title game.

They'll get to the playoffs, but won't be able to beat either the Seahawks or 49ers.  One of them will be in the Super Bowl.

Archived