Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Extremeskins Tailgate 09/09 Vs Philadelphia

pez

Official Extremeskins Tailgate - 09/09/13

WAS.png    VS    PHI.png

The Perfect Storm

Lets see... You are telling me we have 1) Our big season opener at home, 2) Robert Griffins triumphant return to the field after a well documented and debated (are we tired of media yet?) offseason, 3) The division rival Eagles featuring their new coaching staff and offensive style, oh and did I forget to mention, 4) it's Monday Night Football ?!?!? Are you freaking kidding me? Fedex Field is going to be insane and packed to the rim, and I don't know about you, but there is no place I would rather be than screaming my head off (on defense) with all you fanatical nutjobs. I want to see all your faces at the ES Tailgate. Bring your favorite dish and/or drinks and lets get ready for the biggest opener we have ever seen!

The Extremeskins Tailgate has become an institution at Fedex Field, and it is because of all the members involved. The dedication, hard work and investments by folks year in and year out is second to none. This tailgate is getting bigger every year and is well respected because of our passion, our friendly welcoming environment and the charity we do. The Redskins organization has recognized our contributions and how we present ourselves and because of that, has recognized our tailgate as official Redskins Fan Captains. Lets continue to do our best as the best tailgate at Fedex Field!

Once again, the Extremeskins Tailgate will have containers available for the Extremeskins Charity Funds. There will be two containers. One container will be for pop tabs (the little tabs on the top of aluminum beer and soda cans)... this is to benefit the Ronald McDonald House. If you drink a beer or coke, don't forget to take off the tab and put it in the container before throwing away!!! The other container will be for monetary donations, and will be for the the charity selected selected this year: <TBD> Please check the charity threads! Please donate what you can, there are needy folks out there that can use our help!

I am sure most of you are familiar with our tailgate threads, but I like to emphasize that we try to be as organized as we possibly can. At the bottom of this post you will see 4 sections (Food, Drinks, Supplies and Needed Items). We ask that if you plan on attending, and if you can donate items to the tailgate, that you check what we have and what we need and post what you can bring. I will keep the lists updated as frequently as I can. We understand that in some situations, that folks cannot bring something, but we do ask that people who regularly attend the tailgate try to chip in something.

PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! Remember:
Food/Drinks/Supplies are appreciated over monetary donations

What Is It?

We are a gathering of die hard Washington Redskins fans who love to come together and have a good time out in the lots before and after the game. Our tailgate has become a very popular point at Fedex Field, and we have been featured in numerous media broadcasts. If you like to eat great food and enjoy tasty beverages while playing games, listening to tunes and chatting about the brugundy and gold with fellow die hard fans, then this is the place for you!

When Is It?

September 9th. 2:55 pm - 6:40 pm. Post game tailgate times vary (but yes there is a post game tailgate!). The tailgate always starts the moment the parking lot opens (4 hours before game time) and we start packing up around 30 minutes before game time. Many of us arrive even earlier to do a bit of pre-tailgating on Redskins Road before the lot is opened... you can usually find a bunch of us at the very front of the line.

Where Is It?

We have found a nice spot (featuring concrete & grass areas) in the Fedex Field parking lot that offers us a ton of room and protection from cars running all over the place as well as other amenities.

Section E-43 in the Green Lot (see map below).

From 495

• - Take exit 17B to merge onto MD-202 W/Landover Rd toward Bladensburg
  • - At the first light, turn left onto Brightseat Rd
  • - At the first light, keep straight onto Redskins Rd (stadium should be straight ahead of you) and start getting into the lanes on the left.
  • - When you get into the parking area surrounding the stadium, make the first available left
  • - Keep towards the back of the lot (tree line)
  • - Follow till you see the signs on the poles for E-42 & E-43 (we are smack in between)
  • - We are against the treeline. You should see a flagpole with a black ExtremeSkins flag and yellow Redskins Fan Captain flag.

estg0s.jpg estg1s.jpg
>>> Click Maps for larger view (make sure your pop-up blocker is off)<<<

Who Can Come?

Absolutely everyone... the more the merrier! This tailgate originated as a tailgate for the ExtremeSkins board, but it has expanded to so much more and has brought in not only folks from other fan sites, but it has become a haven for all Redskins fans, their friends and their families. We accept fans of all sorts, even of other teams. We ask if you come to the tailgate, that you remember one thing... treat others as you would want to be treated! We appreciate the razzing of opponents fans, but keep it civil (treat those as you would be treated)! We do not tolerate any physical violence, threats, property damage, etc... Fans of all ages are welcome (We have non-alcoholic items as well). We have lots of kids at our tailgate   :)

When it comes down to it, we are all fans of a game and all want to have a good time. As the Hogettes always say: Hate the team (especially Dallas), not the fan!

What Can I Do?

We are a potluck style tailgate, so we prefer that folks bring food/drinks/supplies rather than money. While we do not solicit any contributions to the tailgate, they are welcome. Many of us who help run the tailgate spend alot of money on the supplies that we provide at every tailgate. Anything you can do to help is highly desired and appreciated, such as bringing food, drinks, supplies or even donating monetarily (which is distributed among the core members of the group).

During the course of this tailgate's history, every year, we have had people step up and become core members that help with the organization, setup and supply of the tailgate, which has resulted in its success. If you would like to help out in this capacity, please let us know, we desperately could use the help!

If you are bringing a food, drink or supply item to the tailgate, please post a response in this thread with what you plan to bring !!

Who Do I Contact?

You can get almost every question answered by posting in this thread, but if you have any specific questions or concerns, please contact Huly or myself via PM or by 
emailing: pez@gwu.edu or skinshuly@gmail.com

We will try to get back to you in a timely manner.

Again... please try to post your question in this thread. Most of the members in this thread are ES Tailgate veterans! 

=========================================================================

Food List

• 60 lbs Pez' Wings (Pez/Huly)
  • 60 lbs Crap Legs (Capt Rich Fla)
  • 4-5 lbs marinated flank steaks (Skinsfan1311)
  • 4-5 lbs of marinated pork tenderloins (Skinsfan1311)
  • 10 lbs Nathan's Franks/Nathan's cheese franks w/Buns & condiments - Post-tailgate (Skinsfan1311/TK)
  • Marinated Chicken Breasts (Skins n' Bones/Cricket)
  • Box of Philly Soft Pretzels (Stugein)
  • Cricket's Crab Dip (Skins n' Bones/Cricket)

Drink List

• "The Bar" (Ben Landas/Tastes Like Chicken/John Boussios)
  • 1 Case of Beer (Boss_Hogg)
  • 1 Case of Beer (Pez/Huly)
  • 2 Case of Water (Pez/Huly)

Supply List

• Flagpole/Flags (Pez/Huly)
  • 1 Canopy (Skinsfan1311)
  • 1 Canopy (Pez/Huly)
  • 2 Tables (Pez/Huly)
  • 1 Table (Stugein)
  • 1 Table (Skinsfan1311)
  • 1 charcoal grill w/charcoal (Skinsfan1311)
  • 1 gas grill w/grill table (Skinsfan1311)
  • 2 Chairs (Skinsfan1311)
  • 2 Chairs (Pez/Huly)
  • 1 Cooler w/Ice (Pez/Huly)
  • Paper Plates (Skinsfan1311)
  • Plasticware - forks/spoons/knives (Skinsfan1311)
  • Paper Towels (Skinsfan1311)
  • Napkins (Skinsfan1311)

=========================================================================

NEEDED ITEMS

Drinks:

• Soda
  • Water
  • The Bar (requests will be provided by Tastes Like Chicken & Ben)

Food:

• Hamburgers w/Buns
  • Hot Dogs w/Buns
  • Sausages, Brats, etc w/Buns
  • Grilled chicken/steak/etc
  • Other Protein items (Shrimp/pork/beef/chicken/etc... surprise us!)
  • Side items (pasta salad, macaroni salad, veggie tray, etc)
  • Desserts (cookies, brownies, pies, cakes)
  • Condiments (ketchup, mustard, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, etc)
  • Dips, salsa, etc

Supplies:

• Grills (we never have enough!)
  • Canopy's/Tents
  • Tables (another item we always need!)
  • Games (beer pong/cornhole/lasso golf/etc)
  • Coolers with Ice
  • Plastic Cups
  • Plasticware (forks/knives/spoons)
  • Paper Plates
  • Napkins/Paper Towels
  • Radios/Boomboxes (PLEASE !!!) 
  •  

Well folks…it’s that time of the year again. 

Redskins Football and the ES Tailgate!! 

The tailgate grows each year, and we want to make it an enjoyable experience for everyone.   All our welcome.     

Tailgating is one of the best parts of football season.   It’s the camaraderie, catching up with old friends, making new friends, and making memories that can last a lifetime.    At ES, we do it big.  We do it right.  We have one of the best, if not the best, tailgate parties at FedEx field.

We’ve had visits from former Redskins players, current managers, (does Bruce Allen’s name ring any bells?), TV stations, both domestic and abroad, radio stations, our own iconic Chief Zee and even a Food Network star, (who seemed slightly takenaback when Pez wouldn’t reveal his wing recipe).    Anyway, you get the idea…it’s a big event.

There are games, plenty of food and drink, music and even a bar!

Did you read that last sentence?   You know?  The “food and drink” part?   Good…because if you did, there is something that you need to understand.

Throwing a tailgate party is not cheap!

It’s an expensive undertaking.  Week in, and week out, there is a core group
of members, who always step up, with our time, our work and, and our $$$. We prepare and cook great food like steaks, shrimp, wings, brats, hot-dogs, ribs, chili,etc. 

This isn’t just your run of the mill tailgate food, as anyone who has eaten at the tailgate can attest.   When you’ve tried some of the food, it’s immediately apparent that people have spent a good deal of time, preparing everything.      

Even discounting the sunken costs for the more permanent supplies, (canopies,tables, grills, fryers, heaters, fire-pits, coolers, etc), hosting a tailgate
is an expensive proposition. The last time I checked, the stores weren’t giving away food.  They have this pesky habit of making you pay for what you put on the conveyor belt, before you leave.   
I think that you’re getting the idea.  

Picture this:

The grills are smoking, the fryers sizzling, the cooks are cooking.   There are drinks being poured, (did I mention that we have a bar, fully stocked with top-shelf liquor, mixers, ice, acouple of kick-ass bartenders, and music?).   
There are tables, laden with food, and supplies, (plates, forks,napkins, paper towels) and then it happens.

Here comes  “that” guy.

You know, the person who strolls up to the tailgate, with a $3.00 bag of chips, nuts, or generic bottle soda, plops that **** down, helps himself to a beer, from one of our many coolers, and then makes a beeline to the food tables and loads up a plate with shrimp, wings and rib eyes.  All that mooching makes one thirsty, so our thrifty friend saunters up to the bar, to find some top-shelf liquor to wash it down with, while completely ignoring the tip jar.

Not a bad deal, for $3.00.  

The point is, if you’re going to join the tailgate, you need to step up.  Not contributing is not an option.  Of course, if you’re walking a great distance ,metro-ing in, it’s understandable that you can’t bring large supplies.  In those cases, please bring something that you can carry, (a bottle for the bar?) or make a monetary donation.

Please, join the tailgate, contribute, have a great time and…DON’T BE THAT GUY!!!!

Hail!    

4-5 lbs marinated flank steaks

4-5 lbs of marinated pork tenderloins

10 lbs Nathan's Franks, and some Nathan's cheese franks,(courtesy of TK :ph34r: ), for the post-tailgate victory party.

Rolls & condiments for the Nathan's

1 charcoal grill

charcoal

1 gas grill

1 grill table

1 table

2 chairs

1 canopy

plastic forks, knives, spoons

paper plates

paper towels

napkins

i'm coming from Cali...this will be my first trip out there.  :: best Borat voice :: i am soooooo EXCIIIIIIIIIITE!!!

i will likely be taking a short hop on the Metro to the game & though i'll be traveling out from Cali, i am more than willing to provide what i can.  i read above what recommendations are typical for those traveling via public transportation....but i'm not even sure what stores will be near where i'll be staying.

if someone would respond, or just PM me & give me an idea...like perhaps i should just bring a bottle with me on the flight........or other various options i may be open to.  would love to just bring a case of beer....but that can be cumbersome & all that on the metro.  of course...i would be open to a pick up if someone offers too!!! =P

Wish I could be there, but I don't do Monday Night football and I don't do Eagle games anymore.

The first tailgate of the season is always a special one to me. Tailgating with my Redskins family in the parking lot with the anticipation of the new season is always exciting.

I will be at the Bears game and one other game to be announced later.

Hey y'all been going to the games for years, my dad had season tickets which were passed down from his dad who had season tickets. My father passed last year before the season and never got to see the revamped team that we are witnessing now. I've been lurking these boards but never really post. Me and my brothers still got the season tickets and we will keep them for life but I don't know how this extreme skins tailgate goes down but I am hoping to join if you all are willing to accept us. I have three brothers and we spilt the games up and I have managed to get my wife at least a game which is huge. I know y'all are huge fans and I too and it would be cool to chill with the people that are true skins fans and know what the **** they are talking about.

I don't know how this extreme skins tailgate goes down but I am hoping to join if you all are willing to accept us. I have three brothers and we spilt the games up and I have managed to get my wife at least a game which is huge.

Just read through this post http://es.redskins.com/topic/370205-official-extremeskins-tailgate-0909-vs-philadelphia/?p=9534397 it answers all your questions. All are welcome!

4-5 lbs marinated flank steaks

4-5 lbs of marinated pork tenderloins

10 lbs Nathan's Franks, and some Nathan's cheese franks,(courtesy of TK :ph34r: ), for the post-tailgate victory party.

Rolls & condiments for the Nathan's

1 charcoal grill

charcoal

1 gas grill

1 grill table

1 table

2 chairs

1 canopy

That's it???|

I'll be there for the pre-tailgate thing.  I'll likely have some live oysters, some meatballs in chipotle sauce that are great on a hot dog bun (the buns I bring won't be the ones I found in April under my seat from the Seahawks game - I used those on draft day), and I was thinking of maybe cooking some reubens.  Skinsfan44's flag will fly proudly. 

Capt Rich, the crab man!  All right! 

Personally, I'm waiting at least until Wednesday Noon.  With the whole pdf scan thing going on now, there is no reason to get too excited too early.  If I was you, I'd make solid plans on getting up here.  The ticket thing will take care of itself...

Keep an eye on ticketgeek.com later this week... (referred by Ben via FB)

Hey so would it be wrong to bring the Philly Soft pretzels like I do to this particular game?  Doesn't make a difference or Bad Juju?

Edit: You know what?  eff it, I'm bringing those pretzels.  No fear.  This is the year I stop thinking that I affect the game outside of how loud I am in the Stadium. LET'S DO THIS.

Edit 2 - I'll bring a table too.  A 4 foot jobby.

Okay folks! I've missed a few before, but NOT this time baby! Got my seats section 233 & a green parking pass.

I'll have my steamer & pot and a table to dump the Opelio CRAB LEGS on. Everybody dig in. I know the guys who own the boats, so I get em cheap.

MTH, do I need to bring one of those tents? I can get my hands on one if needed & is there a place where all the cooking is done? Like down there next to PEZ? Also, what is the best time for me to get there? I know where it all goes down, but I want to get there early to set up with everyone else. I also got me a room at the Holiday Inn Express. Let the party begin!

Hey so would it be wrong to bring the Philly Soft pretzels like I do to this particular game?  Doesn't make a difference or Bad Juju?

Edit: You know what?  eff it, I'm bringing those pretzels.  No fear.  This is the year I stop thinking that I affect the game outside of how loud I am in the Stadium. LET'S DO THIS.

Edit 2 - I'll bring a table too.  A 4 foot jobby.

Hell no it won't be wrong!!! Those things are ****ing good!!

Okay folks! I've missed a few before, but NOT this time baby! Got my seats section 233 & a green parking pass.

I'll have my steamer & pot and a table to dump the Opelio CRAB LEGS on. Everybody dig in. I know the guys who own the boats, so I get em cheap.

MTH, do I need to bring one of those tents? I can get my hands on one if needed & is there a place where all the cooking is done? Like down there next to PEZ? Also, what is the best time for me to get there? I know where it all goes down, but I want to get there early to set up with everyone else. I also got me a room at the Holiday Inn Express. Let the party begin!

We're looking forward to seeing you again, Rich.    We stake out a pretty large area, so there will be room for you to set up nearby.   Another canopy never hurts, especially if it's sunny out.  

The lots are scheduled to open 4hrs prior to kick-off.  A lot of us will be on Redskin Rd early.   MTH & Pez will probably be on Redskin Rd by 11:00am, or so.  Fran & I will be there around 12:00pm.    

The earlier, the better, especially if you want to avoid rush-hour traffic, and it'll also make it easier for you to get a decent spot to set up your stuff.

Archived