Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Extremeskins Tailgate 09/09 Vs Philadelphia

pez

Man...sooooo much to digest here. I can't wait for this game & to finally get to the home of the Redskins!!! I'm leaning towards bringing a bottle of liquor as i can probably bring that on the plane & on the metro i assume?

Plan on getting there waaaaaay early with some of you as i've got nothing better to do....not that there would be, just saying. As i've never been out there i feel like i should ask to join you & not just assume it's ok. So.......PRETTY PLEASE WITH JOHN MARA ON TOP!? CAN I CAN I???

Truly excited to meet many of you! I have decided to rock my RGIII throwback as it will be his return & all....though i normally like to wear a defensive player for home games, this is certainly an exception. I have teh butterflies i'm sooooo excited!!!

Couple of questions.....does the team store pretty much carry what's online, or does it also carry a lot of other items that aren't available at the Redskins online store? Been watching the weather...says 75ish around kickoff time. Is that gonna be a muggy 75? Coming from Cali, by the beach mind you, but still...humidity is a relative non-issue over here.

Aaannnnnnd for autograph seeking......any tips, i.e. if one gets in the stadium early the players might come by & sign a few? This is common at Dodgers games & sometimes Rams games when i was a kid...but we would typically wait outside the players exit to the lot. Basically, would it be worth it to bring another jersey to try to get signed?

LOL!   

No need to ask to join the tailgate, we welcome all Skins fans with open arms!   Please read the 1st two posts in this thread, and don't be "that guy" ;)   Some of us, (not me!), will be on Redskins Rd around dawn.  

You cannot carry a bottle on the plane.  It can be put in your checked luggage or, depending on when you arrive, you should be able to buy a bottle locally.  Yes, you can carry a bottle on the metro, just stick it in a bag.

As for autographs, I've heard that they're pretty hard to come by on game day.   Theoretically, it is possible.  The players lot is between gates D & E, (and a hike from our tailgate), and I know that people used to be able to get autographs if they go there early enough.   Sometimes players will sign a few, as they walk from their cars to the stadium, and vice-versa. 

Personally, I've never done it and, honestly, that could eat up a good deal of quality tailgating time.  You can end up standing there, for a long time, and come away with squat, when that time could've been used eating and drinking at E43 :D

Waitin on you HOF! Got a good deal on the snows. You should see the shrimp coming in off the boats. They're like chicken drum sticks. Market isn't flooded yet so I can't fool with them. If the weather stays like this for a week, you better run down here with a giant cooler. They'll be a buck a pound soon.

Aaannnnnnd for autograph seeking......any tips, i.e. if one gets in the stadium early the players might come by & sign a few? This is common at Dodgers games & sometimes Rams games when i was a kid...but we would typically wait outside the players exit to the lot. Basically, would it be worth it to bring another jersey to try to get signed?            

>> My advice would be to go to the tailgate pregame and seek autographs post game.  You can wait outside the player's parking lot after the game.  If you are coming on Metro, just make sure you get back to the station in time to catch the last train!

Couple of questions.....does the team store pretty much carry what's online, or does it also carry a lot of other items that aren't available at the Redskins online store?

>> What is in the team store is pretty comparable to what is on line.

I want to bring some homemade pulled pork. However I need to make it on Sun. and take it to work with me Mon. I also take the metro(unless someone from Alexandria wants to pick me up)  Although it is good cold, I'd like to warm it up.  Is there enough grill space to warm up it up?  I should be there around 3-4.

I'm bringing it either way, so put me down for 5-6lbs of pulled Carolina pulled pork with buns and a 12 pack of Coke.

>> Check with Mark the Homer.  Sometimes his group has a microwave oven and a generator.  I used his setup at the draft day party to warm up some pulled pork.

The e-mail I got said it was only Club section, due to high demand for uppers and lowers.

What they expected and what happened were two different things.  See my thread for Eagles tickets on ticketmaster.

http://es.redskins.com/topic/370531-player-ticket-returns-available-for-the-eagles-game/

I want to bring some things to help out but here is the kicker I am from pa so will not be there till around 3 big problem is I have parking pass for green b 3 parking I think It Looks like it could be a big hike to you all with a full cooler

I am looking to bring 1 or two cases of water and 1 case of beer any ideas how I can get that to you all

HTTR

All the excitement posting on Facebook and I forgot to post here.  I'll be able to make the opener; here's what I'm planning on at the moment.

1 Canopy

1 Charcoal grill with the charcoal

Assortment of Italian Sausages (hot/sweet) with buns.

1 cooler with water and beer, probably Guinness, with an extra for TLC to steal.

Possibly a salmon plank, depends on availability, don't put that down just in case.

See everyone there, should roll in between 11-12.

Slight change of plans.  I'll be arriving around 9 am.  :)

Mostly because my crew coming from PA is getting there around 9.  :lol:

Yes, indeed, we upgraded this year, so we have a microwave open and a Coleman oven this year (yes, an actual oven) - so if we want, we can make and bake apple pie from scratch pre game, and then heat it up again post-game.  ;)

However, after the lots open, we will be tailgating at our usual super-secret location... B)

Snow crabs in the freezer.

My green parking pass has a 3 on it. That's not gonna be a problem is it?

That a green B3 that is a different parking lot that is where I. Am at

That a green B3 that is a different parking lot that is where I. Am at

If you have b3 on it its diffent if no b3 you are good

Capt Rich,

The big 3 at the top means it's the 3rd game of the season.  Which is true.  No problemo. 

But below the big 3, if it says B3, that's a problem.  You're not supposed to be able to enter the ES lot with that pass.  They may stop you and route you another way, especially if you come early.  If I was you, I'd try to swap with somebody, even a scalper.  You'll have to pay him something.  You need a normal green to get into the Green E lot.

But it sounds like you're probably okay. 

Capt Rich,

The big 3 at the top means it's the 3rd game of the season.  Which is true.  No problemo. 

But below the big 3, if it says B3, that's a problem.  You're not supposed to be able to enter the ES lot with that pass.  They may stop you and route you another way, especially if you come early.  If I was you, I'd try to swap with somebody, even a scalper.  You'll have to pay him something.  You need a normal green to get into the Green E lot.

But it sounds like you're probably okay. 

mark

can you do that where can i find one of these scalper i would love to have a green parking pass then i will not need to push my cooler with beer and soda all that way

another thing all if i bring my cooler over there is there a place i can keep it till game over then i can walk it back over to b3 i am planning on bring a

1 case of water

1 case of soda

1 case of yengiling lager

1 thing of napkins.

1 cooler with ice in it

I want to bring some things to help out but here is the kicker I am from pa so will not be there till around 3 big problem is I have parking pass for green b 3 parking I think It Looks like it could be a big hike to you all with a full cooler

I am looking to bring 1 or two cases of water and 1 case of beer any ideas how I can get that to you all

HTTR

Get there early and drop off your stuff with someone going over to ES.  Heck you might even try to drive into Green with your B3.  The worst they can do is tell you no.

I'm taking the Metro, can I just chip in a fair amount in terms of money if I eat/drink here?

Yes, but if you bring a bottle of rum or tequila, you're good too.

Archived