Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Extremeskins Tailgate 09/09 Vs Philadelphia

pez

Hey guys!!

Here, a long time Redskins fan about to make a dream come true!!!!!

I'm from Mexico but living in Montreal for many years now, Redskins fan since forever... and now, finally, I can make it to a Redskins game, now that we have a real contender, a real QB... and what better stage to witness the reborn of our team, than MNF in FedEx Field... Can't wait!!!!

But of course, the experience can be complete without a tailgate party with real Redskins fans... So, I'm wondering if I can join the party!

It will be an express trip for me, I'm arriving to Baltimore monday, going directly to check-in to a hotel close FedEx Field and then to the tailgate party. I don't know the area and I will arrive with time restrains, so, I don't think I will be able to buy anything, but I'm happy to donate money to the cause!

I'm really looking forward to share with some true Redskins fans, you know this french-canadians are all about hockey, and sometimes about the Allouettes (by the way, if you were wondering, nobody cares about Tim Tebow!)... 

Taking advantage of  your help, I would like to ask you guys about this new bag policy... I always travel and carry my backpack with my camera, iPad and a hoodie or something... as I understand, I can't take my backpack with me, right?... and, is there any restriction about cameras and camera bags?... I have a  Canon DSRL (Rebel type) and I always have my wide angle lens and a zoom, nothing really professional but not a point-and-shoot... 

One more question, at what time the Stadium Store opens??... of course I will have to go get some gear and souvenirs!!!

And the last question: should I wear my RGIII jersey or my Darrell Green jersey to this historic moment!!!   ;o)

Cheers and I hope to meet you all!!!

HTTR!!!!

Hey, wait!  I just had a good idea... I'm taking an international flight, so... Duty Free!!! 

What do you think about...a bottle of Vodka, Tequila, Rum... ?

:-)

But of course, the experience can be complete without a tailgate party with real Redskins fans... So, I'm wondering if I can join the party!

Absolutely!

Taking advantage of  your help, I would like to ask you guys about this new bag policy... I always travel and carry my backpack with my camera, iPad and a hoodie or something... as I understand, I can't take my backpack with me, right?... and, is there any restriction about cameras and camera bags?... I have a  Canon DSRL (Rebel type) and I always have my wide angle lens and a zoom, nothing really professional but not a point-and-shoot...

Your bags won't be allowed.  Your backpack is over the size limit and not clear, and camera bags are specifically prohibited.  You ARE allowed to bring your camera itself into the stadium, though.  So if it has a lanyard/neck strap you can carry it with then you are all good.

For reference here is the full NFL bag policy: http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/static/img/common/ENHANCED_STADIUM_BAG_POLICY_061313.pdf

One more question, at what time the Stadium Store opens??... of course I will have to go get some gear and souvenirs!!!

The stadium store opens when the lots open on game day (so around 3:00PM on Monday) and stays open until 2 hours after the game.  I suggest either going in real early or real late; that store is *mobbed* right before and right after the games.

And the last question: should I wear my RGIII jersey or my Darrell Green jersey to this historic moment!!!   ;o)

I don't think you can make a wrong choice there.  Go with your gut. :)

Cheers and I hope to meet you all!!!

HTTR!!!!

You as well!  Can't wait for Monday!

Hey, wait!  I just had a good idea... I'm taking an international flight, so... Duty Free!!! 

The bar and everyone who partakes thereof appreciates such donations. ^_^

Sounds great.. hit up Tastes Like Chicken to see what he needs most for the bar!

Is it Monday yet???

Since it is the opener and a division game, we'll be bringing the wifey's World Famous CRAB DIP, plus I'll have some marinated chicken breast. Maybe something for the bar as well.

This is my only tailgate this month since the band is playing at the Lions game, so I plan to make it count! ;)  

You know what, it may be fruity but I keep seeing billboards for Redd's strawberry ale.  I'mma bring some of that too.  And y`all can bite me; I'm still a man.

LOL!    Don't sweat it....I'm sure that strawberry ale is as manly as Zima was...

All I have updated the first post....

PLEASE NOTE THE TIME CHANGE AS THE GAME NOW STARTS AT 6:55 not 7:10 !!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE POST WHAT YOU ARE BRINGING TO THE TAILGATE !!!!!

YEAH!!       Please start posting so we can plan accordingly.   

Good Evening Extremeskins, we are new to this forum and would like to know if you can check out this show called WOW (The Washingtons On The Washington Redskins). If possible we'd like to tape a show with you and other Extremeskins fans as our live crowd before a game!!!! Check us out here www.youtube.com/MegaMikeWashington and let us know if we can schedule a future home game to come and tape with you guys, thanks in advance!!!! #HTTR

All

Just noticed that the Skins have released single general admin tix on ticketmaster (surprise surprise guess all STs didnt get sold...) anyway just wanted to give a heads up so anybody looking to attend a single game as big as this can avoid the pitfalls of buying a full season package or buying extreme prices on StubHub.

Hey all. Met some of you on draft day and I am looking forward to meeting all of you again Monday night. Think there is any chance I can sneak in the green lot with a green B3 pass?

Give it a shot...the worse they can do is tell you to go to B3 lot.  Plan on getting on Redskins Rd, at least a couple of hours before the gates open at 3:00.....and get in the far left lane....the lot attendants collect the bottom stubs of the parking passes, about 1/2, or so, before they open the gates.   

The ES crew hangs at the front of the line...you'll see Pez' yellow jeep with a bunch of flags on it.  We'll be milling around up there.

If there's an issue, you'll find out about it then.    Since you'll be in the far left lane, if they're dicks about it, at least you can turn into the exit lane, and head towards the B3 parking lot. 

Good luck.

I won't make it to the opener, but I will be at the Dec 1st Giants game (which I am betting will have playoff implications) with my 2 sons in tow. The last time we visited the ES tailgate was opening day 2007 (beat Miami in OT) We had a great time with the ES crew that day, looking forward to stopping by again!

All

Just noticed that the Skins have released single general admin tix on ticketmaster (surprise surprise guess all STs didnt get sold...) anyway just wanted to give a heads up so anybody looking to attend a single game as big as this can avoid the pitfalls of buying a full season package or buying extreme prices on StubHub.

The e-mail I got said it was only Club section, due to high demand for uppers and lowers.

Sadly, I will be at this game ;).

Wifey is a Skins fan (Born and raised in Herndon). Will be flying in Monday morning.

Tickets in the 216 section and parking in green lot B.

Good thing the cars going to be a rental ;)

Going to try and come by if that's ok with the Skin fans! She'll be rocking a Kerrigan jersey so should fit right in!

Going to try and come by if that's ok with the Skin fans! She'll be rocking a Kerrigan jersey so should fit right in!

All are welcome, but you're not gonna be one of those puke fans that wears a Dallas jersey to a game they are not playing in are you?????????

I want to bring some homemade pulled pork. However I need to make it on Sun. and take it to work with me Mon. I also take the metro(unless someone from Alexandria wants to pick me up)  Although it is good cold, I'd like to warm it up.  Is there enough grill space to warm up it up?  I should be there around 3-4.

I'm bringing it either way, so put me down for 5-6lbs of pulled Carolina pulled pork with buns and a 12 pack of Coke.

Sadly, I will be at this game ;).

Wifey is a Skins fan (Born and raised in Herndon). Will be flying in Monday morning.

Tickets in the 216 section and parking in green lot B.

Good thing the cars going to be a rental ;)

Welcome!  Just leave that Cowboys stuff at home and "don't be that guy"

All are welcome, but you're not gonna be one of those puke fans that wears a Dallas jersey to a game they are not playing in are you?????????

Yeah...wearing your teams jersey, (no matter what the team) is a douche move and we've seen people given a real hard time for doing so.  We're pretty civilized, but there a lot of drunk ass-hats in the lots that can make your life miserable.    Besides... you don't want to embarrass the wifey :)

I want to bring some homemade pulled pork. However I need to make it on Sun. and take it to work with me Mon. I also take the metro(unless someone from Alexandria wants to pick me up)  Although it is good cold, I'd like to warm it up.  Is there enough grill space to warm up it up?  I should be there around 3-4.

I'm bringing it either way, so put me down for 5-6lbs of pulled Carolina pulled pork with buns and a 12 pack of Bud Light.

There's always grill space, somewhere.   Looking forward to trying it!

Man...sooooo much to digest here. I can't wait for this game & to finally get to the home of the Redskins!!! I'm leaning towards bringing a bottle of liquor as i can probably bring that on the plane & on the metro i assume?

Plan on getting there waaaaaay early with some of you as i've got nothing better to do....not that there would be, just saying. As i've never been out there i feel like i should ask to join you & not just assume it's ok. So.......PRETTY PLEASE WITH JOHN MARA ON TOP!? CAN I CAN I???

Truly excited to meet many of you! I have decided to rock my RGIII throwback as it will be his return & all....though i normally like to wear a defensive player for home games, this is certainly an exception. I have teh butterflies i'm sooooo excited!!!

Couple of questions.....does the team store pretty much carry what's online, or does it also carry a lot of other items that aren't available at the Redskins online store? Been watching the weather...says 75ish around kickoff time. Is that gonna be a muggy 75? Coming from Cali, by the beach mind you, but still...humidity is a relative non-issue over here.

Aaannnnnnd for autograph seeking......any tips, i.e. if one gets in the stadium early the players might come by & sign a few? This is common at Dodgers games & sometimes Rams games when i was a kid...but we would typically wait outside the players exit to the lot. Basically, would it be worth it to bring another jersey to try to get signed?

Archived