Let´s say it ends like this.

1 pick, Atlanta Falcons.

2 pick, St. Louis Rams (from us)

3 Houston Texans

4 Jax Jaguars

5 TB Bucs

6 Minn Vikings

7 Cleveland Browns

That´s very interesting. Atlanta and Jadeveon Clowney makes sence. Then the second pick. St. Louis should consider a QB here i.m.o. but they probally won´t and this pick is for sale. Hou, Jax, Minn and Cle all will be bidding. I could see the Rams again walk away with a boat load of picks (and again be the most talented team that doesn´t produce on the field). How sick would that be? 

Ya know what, i've decided that the number one thing I'm looking for is guys who hustle on every play and smart guys. 40 time is nice; size is nice; all the other measurables are nice, but I think brains and grit should be the foundation.

You just described the 2012 and 2013 versions of London Fletcher.  It's nice and all, but you still need speed for some positions.

Interesting for sure, but the type of guy who will surely shoot up into the first round as a 3 tech for a 4-3.  He lacks the length you like in 3-4 de and doesn't have near the weight to play at NT.  Might be a great piece if Lovie Smith was our new head coach next year though (tampa 2 defenses value speed so Orakpo and Kerrigan are fine at DE, Cofield would be fine at 1 tech and this guy looks like a stud 3 tech).

He seems to do a line up mostly between the inside shoulder of the Guard and the inside shoulder of the Tackle.  He does well in all of those places, I think (a better) DC would find ways to use him.

He's pretty small for an interior lineman, you get the feeling he'd fall in the draft a little because of it.

@@AdamSchefter

If the NFL Draft were held today, the Rams would have the No. 2 overall pick courtesy of the Washington Redskins.

This is my nightmare...

Skins trade for the 2nd overall pick only to give back another 2nd overall + 2 other firsts and a 2nd. Rams's luck is crazy, they can put together a powerhouse if they flip this pick again.

If they somehow get Clowney to team up with Quinn, Brockers and Long.... forget about it.

Could move quinn to slb like how rak played his rookie year here, would be like the giants d a few years ago. Scary. But I still bet they give up on bradford. He was having a good year but he's just not durable.

Could move quinn to slb like how rak played his rookie year here, would be like the giants d a few years ago. Scary. But I still bet they give up on bradford. He was having a good year but he's just not durable.

Even if they give up on Bradford they don't have to take QB with your #2 pick. It's a deep QB draft they could flip that pick for multiple 1st or take Clowney, then later take a QB like Johnny or Huntley with their original pick.

Even if they give up on Bradford they don't have to take QB with your #2 pick. It's a deep QB draft they could flip that pick for multiple 1st or take Clowney, then later take a QB like Johnny or Huntley with their original pick.

That offense might look interesting with manziel. Trying to imagine the best fit for that guy though. I'd say Tampa or chicago.

If Cousins gets traded for draft picks, what do you guys think about a late round pick (or free agent pickup) of Connor Shaw out of South Carolina? Kid looked really good against Clemson this past weekend, very mobile and has only thrown one INT all season while playing against SEC defenses.

If Cousins gets traded for draft picks, what do you guys think about a late round pick (or free agent pickup) of Connor Shaw out of South Carolina? Kid looked really good against Clemson this past weekend, very mobile and has only thrown one INT all season while playing against SEC defenses.

He's got a UDFA grade from me. Don't see anything even impressive really 

Ya know what, i've decided that the number one thing I'm looking for is guys who hustle on every play and smart guys. 40 time is nice; size is nice; all the other measurables are nice, but I think brains and grit should be the foundation.

We got a lot of that now. We need size and speed. Thats where we are lacking.

We got a lot of that now. We need size and speed. Thats where we are lacking.

I doubt that very seriously.. Size and speed are good things but they get you what the Cowboys have a bunch of talent with no direction. I want a guy who knows when to fair catch it and when to let it roll vs when to return it. How about a guy who knows the route tree and without having to have Robert tell him to break his route off because there's a MLB playing zone over the middle, sees that, knows it, and adjusts his route accordingly. Thats what Reed has and the change in Cooley and Reed vs Davis is amazing. I can easily get why Davis was in Shanny's doghouse. I mean, I want a center and two guards who knows how to read defenses and can recognize blitzes so that they can adjust accordingly. Yean RG3 needs to make those calls, but it helps when the people you're talking to know what you're talking about and aren't just saying huh. Its great having a guy who's a good speed rusher, but its also nice to have a guy that can analyze the weaknesses of a tackle and know his vulnerabilities. Its nice to have a corner who can point out a WRs tell tale signs or a safety who can read a QB and say "I know where the ball's going".

Maybe i'm in fantasy land though. Beats reality though.

You just described the 2012 and 2013 versions of London Fletcher.  It's nice and all, but you still need speed for some positions.

I'd say that I described London all throughout his career. True he's been fast most of his career, but he's also been really smart. I'm ot saying to ignore speed, but just to make it a knotch below intelligence. Like, that intelligence itself will make up for some of the speed that a player lacks because they know where tehy're going instead of just running blindly. (Not to change sports but....) look at John Wall. Dude may be the fastest player in the NBA, but it wasn't until he learned more about teh game that we started seeing his true talent. Otherwise he'd just be a guy who'd run fast down the court and miss a shot. What does it matter if we've got a fast guy in Orakpo taht can get "legally held" to nullify his speed rush? I'd rather have guys that live in the film room and can be unpredictable.

I know it isn't the flashy choice but dammit, gimme linemen, add some beastliness to the Oline that can flatout dominate opposing defensive attacks. Late rounders that might work their way into being depth players in a couple years ain't gettin' it done.

I know it isn't the flashy choice but dammit, gimme linemen, add some beastliness to the Oline that can flatout dominate opposing defensive attacks. Late rounders that might work their way into being depth players in a couple years ain't gettin' it done.

We also need to upgrade that DL. Adding an impact DL can do wonders for our team 

Archived