Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 Comprehensive Nfl Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

I doubt that very seriously.. Size and speed are good things but they get you what the Cowboys have a bunch of talent with no direction. I want a guy who knows when to fair catch it and when to let it roll vs when to return it. How about a guy who knows the route tree and without having to have Robert tell him to break his route off because there's a MLB playing zone over the middle, sees that, knows it, and adjusts his route accordingly. Thats what Reed has and the change in Cooley and Reed vs Davis is amazing. I can easily get why Davis was in Shanny's doghouse. I mean, I want a center and two guards who knows how to read defenses and can recognize blitzes so that they can adjust accordingly. Yean RG3 needs to make those calls, but it helps when the people you're talking to know what you're talking about and aren't just saying huh. Its great having a guy who's a good speed rusher, but its also nice to have a guy that can analyze the weaknesses of a tackle and know his vulnerabilities. Its nice to have a corner who can point out a WRs tell tale signs or a safety who can read a QB and say "I know where the ball's going".

Maybe i'm in fantasy land though. Beats reality though.

No Cowboys' problem is JJ steps on coaches toes.

Mariota staying in school:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/03/marcus-mariota-staying-at-oregon-for-2014-season/

Extremely predictable, imo. Now if Hundley stays and some holes are poked thru a couple of other top prospects, all the talk about 8 first round QBs will wither into talk about 2 or 3.

I assume Hundley will stay. Leaves it as Teddy B and Derek Carr as the top two guys IMO

I assume Hundley will stay. Leaves it as Teddy B and Derek Carr as the top two guys IMO

I admit I've warmed to Manziel the player, but I would be real hesitant to entrust my franchise to a guy with his issues. Mettenberger and Boyd each come with risks, and haven't shown near enough to be first rounders, imo. And McCarron is more of a game manager.

I have just thought all year there was some really ridiculous hype around the QB draft class.

Welcome back from RealGM, steve, you're even better a basketball poster than a football poster which is crazy.

Also the thing is that Beal is hurt and has started slowly, once he gets going this team could win 45-50 games easy. Though now we have to root against the Thunder so that Durant feels the need to come home.

2nd: T Brandon Scherff

3rd:  DT Daniel McCullers

4th:  CB Jaylen Watkins

5th:  DE Kony Ealy

6th:  FS Jacques Washington

7th:  OG Spencer Long

Few things about this.

1. Scherff is going to rise, and I mean rise fast. Wouldn't be surprised to see him in the 1st round

2. McCullers is a likely 2nd rounder

3. Kony Ealy wont even come close to being there in the 5th round. 

Stupid early for this but I tweaked some of the "team needs" on drafttek assuming:

- sign OT (Veldheer), FS (TJ Ward), OC (Alex Mack) and Danario Alexander (WR) ... and re-signing someone at OLB and ILB or getting a FA replacement.

- For shizz and giggles I traded Cousins to the Browns for their late 1st rounder (was 28th in that simulator). I know that sounds crazy, but just go with it. Then traded back from 28 to 42 with Oakland and got their 2nd and 3rd. Keep in mind this draft order was based on games prior to this weekend so the Skins are still drafting 39th rather than 34th ... etc.

2nd (39): Lamarcus Joyner, CB FSU

2nd (42): Jace Amaro, TE Texas Tech

3rd (71): Daniel McCullers, NT Tennessee

3rd (74): Yawin Smallwood, ILB UConn

4th (106): Tevin Reese, WR Baylor

5th (138): Spencer Burnette, OG Georgia

6th (170): Keith Price, QB Washington 

7th (202): TJ Jones, WR Notre Dame

It is what it is. But fun to check out anyway. I'm sure D&S with his expansive knowledge will find some major holes in where those guys are slotted but this far out that's all I've got to go on haha.

BTW, Wizards are doing pretty good. They're legitimately fun to watch this year.

Except when Wall takes a breather.  Not sure what the answer is to the depth PG problem.  Maybe reshape the offense when Wall's off the floor?  But whose capable of being the focal point?  Whatever.

Back on topic, but for whatever insane crazy reason, I wouldn't mind drafting another TE this year.  Basically, with how much we use TE's in the backfield, having an upgrade over Niles Paul (and also injury insurance for Reed, Darrel Young) could be useful.  A combo FB/TE sort of thing.  I love Niles effort and work, but he's just not connecting all the dots.  It'd also add another capable pass catcher out of the backfield.

That's something I was sure we'd have fixed this offseason, with Chris Thompson, both Reed and Fred Davis, return of Helu.  But not quite.

I kind of get the impression that in our offense, TE's are incredibly important.  More so than other teams.

That said...Colt Lyerla is going to fall in the draft.  He's talented, he can run the ball, he can block, he can catch.  We can line him up at FB and he could do what we like to do with Young.  I'm not sure where Lyerla is going to get drafted, but a 4th or 5th rounder on him?  Why not?  We need to add talent to the team, and Lyerla is a way to do it for a cheap draft pick because of his cocaine use.

Welcome back from RealGM, steve, you're even better a basketball poster than a football poster which is crazy.

Also the thing is that Beal is hurt and has started slowly, once he gets going this team could win 45-50 games easy. Though now we have to root against the Thunder so that Durant feels the need to come home.

I've tried to let the KD dream die but that's just not going to happen. But players of his stature don't usually leave their teams unless things get really bad. So some inventive Wizards fan needs to come up with an inception like scenario for Westbrook. "Don't pass the ball to Durant. He's trying to steal your shine."

Better do it to KD too. "Westbrook hates you. John Wall loves you. Come home."

2nd: Hasean Clinton-Dix  FS  (Some off the field stuff but a beast. Hopefully still on the board)

3rd:  La'el Collins   OT   (Nice fit for ZBS if Shanny is still here)

4th:  Devin Street   WR  (Good size and decent speed)

5th:  Max Bullough   ILB  (Good player. Could be gone in 4th round)

6th:  Silas Redd   RB   (Shannys 6th round RB is a good change of pace back)

7th:  John Urschel  OG  (Solid ZBS guard)

These picks are only if Shanny still has a job. 

Quick mock offseason for me

Re-sign

D.Hall, Orakpo

Sign 

TJ Ward, Golden Tate, Wade Smith(under assumption the ZBS stays)

Draft:

2nd- Antwan Goodley WR Baylor

3rd- Yawin Smallwood LB UConn

4th- Deandre Coleman 3-4 DE California

5th- Dri Archer Offensive Weapon Kent State

6th- Billy Turner OT NDSU

7th- BPA

Solid mix of adding to O and D. I really think Coleman can be a playmaker on the DL 

2nd: Hasean Clinton-Dix  FS  (Some off the field stuff but a beast. Hopefully still on the board)

3rd:  La'el Collins   OT   (Nice fit for ZBS if Shanny is still here)

4th:  Devin Street   WR  (Good size and decent speed)

5th:  Max Bullough   ILB  (Good player. Could be gone in 4th round)

6th:  Silas Redd   RB   (Shannys 6th round RB is a good change of pace back)

7th:  John Urschel  OG  (Solid ZBS guard)

These picks are only if Shanny still has a job. 

You really think Dix will be there in the 2nd? everything I have seen him has him going no later than Rams at 15

Justin ... Wade Smith as an OC or an OG? And in that off-season you have absolutely no OT until the 6th round. Do you really see this team go another off-season without addressing RT in FA or early draft?

I see that Walter Football has us taking Stephon Tuitt in the 2nd and Yawin Smallwood in the 3rd.

I've actually seen quite a few mock drafts that have the Browns (with the Colts pick) currently at 25 taking a QB. One had Tahj Boyd ... another had Derek Carr ... Maybe they take a bite on Cousins there.

What are the thoughts on Cyril Richardson? G/T out of Baylor? Keep seeing him going between 30-36 so that might be someone to target if we are able to upgrade elsewhere in FA. Does he grade out well in a system that we may run ... whether the ZBS or just a general standard front/

You really think Dix will be there in the 2nd? everything I have seen him has him going no later than Rams at 15

Justin ... Wade Smith as an OC or an OG? And in that off-season you have absolutely no OT until the 6th round. Do you really see this team go another off-season without addressing RT in FA or early draft?

Yeah. Kinda praying Dix slips because of the OTF stuff. Probably not though. If hes gone I'm sure they go OT with the 2nd rounder.

OG. I really was in a toss up on OT, could see them going with it 3rd round honestly 

Archived