Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 Comprehensive Nfl Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

Always an unpopular move around these parts, but I honestly don't mind it if the right prospects drop.  Say we can grab two of Pryor/Shazier/Benjamin/Verrett/Martin at the top of the 2nd, I think in most years they are first round prospects so I don't mind giving up a future first.  Not necessarily advocating it, but I doubt next year's class is as strong as this year's although it looks like it will be another strong wr class.  If we give up a middling 1st rounder it's no big deal, but give up another top 5 pick and there would be an uproar.

And that bolded part is the problem. We aren't right now a perennial playoff team and giving up another draft pick that could be a top 10 pick we'll be sitting here regretting it 

Always an unpopular move around these parts, but I honestly don't mind it if the right prospects drop.  Say we can grab two of Pryor/Shazier/Benjamin/Verrett/Martin at the top of the 2nd, I think in most years they are first round prospects so I don't mind giving up a future first.  Not necessarily advocating it, but I doubt next year's class is as strong as this year's although it looks like it will be another strong wr class.  If we give up a middling 1st rounder it's no big deal, but give up another top 5 pick and there would be an uproar.

This year is different for sure.  Normal first round prospects will drop to the second. Normal seconds will drop to the third and so on.  This is why we should be looking to trade down from 34 if possible.  We should be able to get another pick or 2 out of the deal and get excellent value in return and NOT have to morgage the future to do it.  Problem is everyone is going to see this pretty much the same way. We going to need a gem to fall to us and then have the brass to offer it up.

The more film I watch on Martavis Bryant, the more I want him on our team.  I also think that he is one of the closest body wise to AJ Green.  Tons of upside, and his size/speed alone will open things up more for Garcon, Reed, and The Butler.  Also, he is working on adding a little bulk and working with Chris Carter until the draft.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/martavis-bryant-vs-georgia-tech-2013/

This year is different for sure. Normal first round prospects will drop to the second. Normal seconds will drop to the third and so on. This is why we should be looking to trade down from 34 if possible. We should be able to get another pick or 2 out of the deal and get excellent value in return and NOT have to morgage the future to do it. Problem is everyone is going to see this pretty much the same way. We going to need a gem to fall to us and then have the brass to offer it up.

The one caveat is if someone really talented fell to #34. It'd be hard to pass up an elite player.

The more film I watch on Martavis Bryant, the more I want him on our team.  I also think that he is one of the closest body wise to AJ Green.  Tons of upside, and his size/speed alone will open things up more for Garcon, Reed, and The Butler.  Also, he is working on adding a little bulk and working with Chris Carter until the draft.

I agree, he does look like the real deal.

This year is different for sure.  Normal first round prospects will drop to the second. Normal seconds will drop to the third and so on.  This is why we should be looking to trade down from 34 if possible.  We should be able to get another pick or 2 out of the deal and get excellent value in return and NOT have to morgage the future to do it.  Problem is everyone is going to see this pretty much the same way. We going to need a gem to fall to us and then have the brass to offer it up.

In this draft I think its a given that a gem falls to us. There has never been a better draft to trade down than this one. So much depth it's really ridiculous.

Really starting to like what I see out of Kevin Pierre-Louis

After watching his play against Tech - he looked like a solid player. Fast, fairly smart, versatile, actually shed some oline blocks (someone said he struggles w/ this) and looked pretty good in coverage too. I like him. :)

Todd McShay's mock draft version 3.0

http://imgur.com/gallery/oP0Lx

This worries me as potential #34 guys like Fuller, Roby, Varrett, Beckham, Benjamin, and Su'a-Filo are gone.  This leaves guys like Kyle Van Noy, Stephen Tuitt, Yankey, Ryan Shazier, Allen Robinson, Dee Ford, Derek Carr.

I think I'd rather trade down.  I like Tuitt, but due to his broken foot, maybe we could trade down and still grab him.

This worries me as potential #34 guys like Fuller, Roby, Varrett, Beckham, Benjamin, and Su'a-Filo are gone.  This leaves guys like Kyle Van Noy, Stephen Tuitt, Yankey, Ryan Shazier, Allen Robinson, Dee Ford, Derek Carr.

I think I'd rather trade down.  I like Tuitt, but due to his broken foot, maybe we could trade down and still grab him.

He also has Nix lasting to 30. If that were the case (and we hadn't signed a NT), I would have to think about moving up a few spots to get him.

Draft Kyle Van Noy and trade Rak

I know a lot of people have thought about trading Rak or Cousins to get more picks.

What about trading Al Mo?  I think Gruden will be running a more pass heavy offense that doesn't feature Alfred as much.  I also don't think we will re-sign him at the end of his rookie deal.  I think that money is gonna go to Trent, Griff, etc.

It's not that I want him gone, I love the guy and he's still cheap.  But if we're gonna lose him in two years anyway, during another rebuilding process/regime change, why not at least consider the idea?  

I know a lot of people have thought about trading Rak or Cousins to get more picks.

What about trading Al Mo? I think Gruden will be running a more pass heavy offense that doesn't feature Alfred as much. I also don't think we will re-sign him at the end of his rookie deal. I think that money is gonna go to Trent, Griff, etc.

It's not that I want him gone, I love the guy and he's still cheap. But if we're gonna lose him in two years anyway, during another rebuilding process/regime change, why not at least consider the idea?

Why wouldn't we resign him? One of the best in the league and backs don't get paid as much. His running style will make his market more exclusive too.

Why wouldn't we resign him? One of the best in the league and backs don't get paid as much. His running style will make his market more exclusive too.

I don't think we will resign him because I think we will have too much money tied up in other positions.  Mostly Griff and Trent.  I would feel much more confident in that view if Shanny was still here simply because of his RB philosophy.  I don't think there was anyway Shanny would've given Al Mo a big deal, and I wonder if Gruden might feel the same way because he seems to focus more on throwing the ball.

What about trading Al Mo?  I think Gruden will be running a more pass heavy offense that doesn't feature Alfred as much.  I also don't think we will re-sign him at the end of his rookie deal.  I think that money is gonna go to Trent, Griff, etc.

It's not that I want him gone, I love the guy and he's still cheap.  But if we're gonna lose him in two years anyway, during another rebuilding process/regime change, why not at least consider the idea?  

I would consider it if we had other backs that could shoulder his work load.

Along this vein, I was actually a bit shocked we cut Jamison loose - Thompson and Helu are complementary backs and Royster... well, lets just say I don't expect Royster to stick.

I agree.  Ultimately, I think we are gonna try to go to more of a spread the field attack.   I don't think Al Mo is the best suited guy to run that attack, another reason I don't see him here for a second contract.  I think a shifty back would be ideal.

Trading him is just a thought that ran through my mind.  It would pain me to see him go, because he is the epitome of a guy that I would want on my team.  Old school, no nonsense, humble, stud.

I would not be the least bit surprised if Gruden targets a back like that later in the draft.  Cutting Jamison makes me think he probably has his eye on somebody.

I agree.  Ultimately, I think we are gonna try to go to more of a spread the field attack.   I don't think Al Mo is the best suited guy to run that attack, another reason I don't see him here for a second contract.  I think a shifty back would be ideal.

Trading him is just a thought that ran through my mind.  It would pain me to see him go, because he is the epitome of a guy that I would want on my team.  Old school, no nonsense, humble, stud.

I would not be the least bit surprised if Gruden targets a back like that later in the draft.  Cutting Jamison makes me think he probably has his eye on somebody.

I still think Alfred will be a big part of the offense. Although Grudes is pass focused he runs the ball enough to keep a good running game, he won't turn his back on the running game altogether.

I think the ideal back for his offense, like any offense, is one that can play all the snaps. A back that combines running and receiving ability. But I still think Almo will get 1,000-1,200 yards.

I would be willing to trade Almo because I think he would return more via trade then his value in the offense.

Along this vein, I was actually a bit shocked we cut Jamison loose - Thompson and Helu are complementary backs and Royster... well, lets just say I don't expect Royster to stick.

Even though I thought he proved himself to be a better runner then CT during preseason; he was still just an unknown back of the roster guy.

I still have a high opinion of Helu. I think he could be a lead back and actually a more complete back then Almo but durability is a real question mark with him.

RE: Backs

Here are some backs I like for the receiving back role if anyone heard of them or has thoughts on them:

Charles Simms- IF he falls into the 4th round which I doubt; but who knows?

Jerrick McKinnon-if he falls into the 5th round

Late round guys/UDFA:

Henry Josey

LaDarius Perkins

Damien Willims-like this dude is but he is A KNUCKLEHEAD though

Roderick McDowell

Random late round project special team WR:

Quincy Enunwa

Agreed. Definitely want us to take him.

I thought he was the perfect 3-4 OLB. I stand corrected. Still could draft him at 34.

He's a bit small (weight wise) for a 3-4 OLB.  Most tend to be between 255-270.  I'd be more of a fan of Kyle Van Noy at 3-4 OLB, if he used his athleticism to get under blockers and attack them with leverage.  But I don't recall him doing that.

He's not the best tackler, and will whiff on the QB a frustrating amount.  But he racks up a lot of pressures and can often flush the QB out of the pocket.  I feel like Kyle Van Noy, if drafted with #34, and if blitzed often, will rack up some easy sacks for Orakpo/Kerrigan to clean up.

His coverage drops are primarily short zones, although he doesn't look awkward when (what I think is) going man on a TE.  I do not think he's capable of playing MLB in a 4-3, and certainly not a Tampa 2.  But ILB in a traditional 3-4, sure.  He wasn't asked to cover much, but I feel like he could develop it.

That said, if we drafted him, I'd want a sure tackling ILB next to him.

I just wouldn't commit 7-8 mil per year to a RB except an absolute superstar. It's just not how I would want to allocate my resources. His trade value should be pretty high right now, so I would definitely be trying to move him this offseason. If I could get a good price for him, I'd take it and try to sign Helu long term for cheap and then look for another RB in the mid-rounds.

Archived