Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 Comprehensive Nfl Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

The sad thing is Trent Richardson fetches a first rounder but we'd be lucky to get a third for almo all because of pre-career hype. Then again, that was a really stupid trade by indy.

So his 2 1000 yard seasons in 2 years wouldn't do anything to boost that stock?

Jimmie Ward impresses NFL scouts at Northern Illinois pro day

Ward measured in at 5-foot-101/2 and 197 pounds, 14 heavier than when he began his pre-draft training in January. He delivered a vertical leap of 38 inches, a broad jump of 101/2 feet and officially ran the 40-yard dash in a head-turning 4.45 seconds. Those measurables should cement him as a top-five safety in the May draft.

Ward said he interviewed with five teams after his workout, naming the Colts and Vikings and expressing satisfaction with his on-field results. He knew questions lingered about his speed, having heard speculation he might post a 40 time near 4.6.

"All these teams wanted to see how fast I was," Ward said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-niu-pro-day-football-spt-0308-20140308,0,6491333.story

I hope we draft James Hurst to play RT.  The guy can really play, and it appears he's sliding a bit.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him boost his stock at his UNC pro day.

My rankings: (1) Deone Bucannon (2) James Ward (3) Calvin Pryor (4) HaSean Clinton-Dix (5) Terrance Brooks

You know, I was a big fan of Pryor but he seemed a little lost to me at the combine.  It all started with his height stuff, but his drills and 40 made him look like just another guy to me.

Obviously, games are most important, but my eye test of his combine performance has soured me a little on him.  

The more film I watch on Martavis Bryant, the more I want him on our team.  I also think that he is one of the closest body wise to AJ Green.  Tons of upside, and his size/speed alone will open things up more for Garcon, Reed, and The Butler.  Also, he is working on adding a little bulk and working with Chris Carter until the draft.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/martavis-bryant-vs-georgia-tech-2013/

Plus 19.5+ YAC. I think he may just be the value WR in this draft, BUT I was also pining for HankTime85 before that draft and that hasn't exactly panned out so my recent track record is poor! :D

My rankings: (1) Deone Bucannon (2) James Ward (3) Calvin Pryor (4) HaSean Clinton-Dix (5) Terrance Brooks

Hey dg,

All other things being equal, and DBuc or Ward or are available at #34, would you take them there without hesitation (assuming trading back is not an option)? If so, how would you see Ward and DBuc being used from day 1? I know both were expected to be available in the third before the SB and combine boosted their stock, but are they a good value at #34 at this point? I also know both are viewed more as SS, but you see them as projecting to FS. Could they be both immediate upgrades to our defensive backfield and the long term answer to our FS hole? If so, it would make a lot more sense to get a veteran bridge FS in here to placehold for them.

I look forward to your response, but am warming to the idea of taking a guy like Ward at #34, even though I've been hoping more for a 1st round talent at OL, WR, DE to drop to us in the second up until recently.

Pick 34 the following players are on board (there is no trade down option):

OT: Cyrus Kouandjio, Morgan Moses

ILB: Ryan Shazier,

SAF: Calvin Pryor/James Ward

TE: Jace Amaro, ASF

DL:  Tuitt

WRs:  Allen Robinson/Devonte Adams/Jordan Matthews/Paul Richardson/Jarvis Landry etc..

What do you do?

DL: Tuitt

WRs: Allen Robinson/Devonte Adams/Jordan Matthews/Paul Richardson/Jarvis Landry etc..

What do you do?

I take Ward or Pryor, and hope one of the many round 2-3 grade WR that we like (Bryant) are still there at #66.

I'm not a believer in either OT prospect, Kouandijo because of health, and Moses because I watched him struggle mightily at UVa for 3 of his 4 years. I love Shazier, but he seems like a tweener for our scheme that I have no faith in Haz to use properly, and Amaro seems like a redundancy with Reed on board and not being an inline TE. The one consideration I'd have is Tuitt, as that frame would look mighty nice at RDE on our DL, but his injury plus some motivation concerns worry me about him.

Ward or Pryor it is.

DL: Tuitt

WRs: Allen Robinson/Devonte Adams/Jordan Matthews/Paul Richardson/Jarvis Landry etc..

What do you do?

Landry.

If we don't take a safety in FA, I take Ward.

Hey dg,

All other things being equal, and DBuc or Ward or are available at #34, would you take them there without hesitation (assuming trading back is not an option)? If so, how would you see Ward and DBuc being used from day 1? I know both were expected to be available in the third before the SB and combine boosted their stock, but are they a good value at #34 at this point? I also know both are viewed more as SS, but you see them as projecting to FS. Could they be both immediate upgrades to our defensive backfield and the long term answer to our FS hole? If so, it would make a lot more sense to get a veteran bridge FS in here to placehold for them.

I look forward to your response, but am warming to the idea of taking a guy like Ward at #34, even though I've been hoping more for a 1st round talent at OL, WR, DE to drop to us in the second up until recently.

I guess there would be some hesitation at 34 depending on how the draft plays out.  Let's say a pipe dream happens and Aaron Donlad is availabe or Brandin Cooks/Odel Beckham are available? Then it changes things I would stay true to BPA though.

It also depends on what happens with the other SAFs. IF Dix and Pryor go in the first could it be sign that Ward and Buc aren't on teams radar and we could steal one of them in 3rd round. BUT that would be a dangerous gamble.

USE: I would consider them as day 1 starters. I would plug Ward in at FS. Buc could fill in at either spot depending on where the team views him having the greatest impact. Depending on what the team does at FS in free agency I would start him as SS and allow him to transition to FS  over the course of the season.

Kirwan is a former exec so i value his mocks more then the draftniks. interesting enough also has J Ward going in the 1st round

Would you take Benji in the 2nd?

I sure as hell would. He's definitely boom or bust but man, how hard could this be? "You're huge and strong, don't let the little corner jam you. Run straight down the field. If you get one on one coverage we'll throw it to you and let you outmuscle your guy. If you're double covered, Pierre is going to destroy teams underneath."

Kirwan is a former exec so i value his mocks more then the draftniks. interesting enough also has J Ward going in the 1st round

If he would fall I would take him at 34.  I personally can't see their being 5 Wide Receivers taken in the first round either I think  Kelvin or Odell will fall to the second

Yeah I take him.  He's not a complete wr but he's a deep threat and redzone beast, which is exactly the opposite of Garcon.  He may never become a true #1 who can regularly beat double teams but I feel like he's the ultimate compliment at wr.

Interesting that Kirwwan has Nix at 29.  Lots of people have him falling about that far, I know if he got there I'd feel froggy about jumping up to get him.  Also that draft would make me sad.  Barr to the Giants and Donald to the Cowboys?  Even Hageman to the Eagles.  That would be painful for our offensive line for sure.

Archived