Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 Comprehensive Nfl Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

Easley isn´t a great fit but injury-wise I have no problem with going for him.

Cyrus has a knee issue...I would stay away from that. Knee´s just don´t heal.

Tuitt his injury just might take a lot of time to fully heal. So you need to ask if you want to use a higher draft pick for a guy who would miss pre-season.

Easley is a great fit IMO and would be a huge steal in the 3rd. If he was healthy he would've been a top 10 pick and I firmly believe that. ASJ broken foot might ensure he's there at 34, but should be take him? I vote yes.

Start with O-line and the secondary. Next ILB, DE/NT, and ONLY THEN a WR. Allen should know the value of the Hog.

We had one of, if not the best WR corps in the league.  Art Monk, Ricky Sanders, and Gary Clark were phenomenal.  In 1989, all of them had over 1100 receiving yards.

We would not have won the Super Bowl in 1987 or 1991, without high profile WR's.

Art Monk was drafted in the 1st round.

Ricky Sanders was drafted in the 1st round.

Gary Clark was drafted in the 2nd round.

We had one of, if not the best WR corps in the league.  Art Monk, Ricky Sanders, and Gary Clark were phenomenal.  In 1989, all of them had over 1100 receiving yards.

We would not have won the Super Bowl in 1987 or 1991, without high profile WR's.

Agreed. We haven't drafted a really good WR in a long...long time.

I'm new here! I've been lurking here for some time now.lol I figured I might as well sign up.

Here's my mock: Assuming we get extra picks for a Cousins trade.

2nd: Practically any top WR that falls to us. But a WR should be our top pick. Too many on my wishlist.

3rd: David Yankey OG

3rd: Borland or Jones ILB

4th: Antone Exum CB VTech

5th: Telvin Reese (Baylor) or Campanaro (Wake) ( Slot WR )

6th: Logan Thomas QB VTech (really like this guy for some reason. Mobile, big bodied, just in case if RG3 'heaven forbid' goes down)

7th: Any good punter to be honest.lol

This draft, we need some play makers. We can build the o'line and some of the defense through FA and undrafted FA. I'm strangely optimistic about Gruden & Allen as far as who to sign. Plus Bruce is good with numbers so I don't think we'll be too loose with cash.

Easley is a great fit IMO and would be a huge steal in the 3rd. If he was healthy he would've been a top 10 pick and I firmly believe that. ASJ broken foot might ensure he's there at 34, but should be take him? I vote yes.

Oh come now, easley was never a top 10 pick. I think he fits our scheme well enough, or rather our scheme could accommodate his talents, but I'd take sutton and donald ahead of him from just a similar player perspective.

According to Jason La Canfora, Miami is gauging trade value for 2013 #3 overall pick Dion Jordan.

If we were to franchise Orakpo, would that be a trade option? That's a huge stretch, just curious as to how that could happen. I also don't really know much about Jordan.

Jordan is a speed rusher who doesn't play the run at all. Haslett would hate such a move. When a team gives up a guy after one year (ie Trent Richardson) it's usually a really bad sign.

Oh come now, easley was never a top 10 pick. I think he fits our scheme well enough, or rather our scheme could accommodate his talents, but I'd take sutton and donald ahead of him from just a similar player perspective.

Jordan is a speed rusher who doesn't play the run at all. Haslett would hate such a move. When a team gives up a guy after one year (ie Trent Richardson) it's usually a really bad sign.

Maybe Donald, but Sutton?  Nah.  Easley was supposed to be a 1st rounder before he tore his ACL.  The guy looked better than Datone Jones, who the Packers drafted in the 1st round last year.

Those references to the 3rd round are using Walter ... has him as the 68th pick I think in their post-combine mock. Cyril Richardson at 86.

I would be surprised if only one guard was drafted in the first two rounds to be honest, but he didn't have an outstanding combine. Depends on scheme and pro days as to if yankey, Richardson or jackson will be at our 3rd round pick.

I would be surprised if only one guard was drafted in the first two rounds to be honest, but he didn't have an outstanding combine. Depends on scheme and pro days as to if yankey, Richardson or jackson will be at our 3rd round pick.

According to Walter, at 66 we'd have our pick of all 3. But agreed, I doubt you have all 3 fall to the 3rd. That's crazy.

I'm hoping the Texans decide to either use the #1 on Clowney or trade it back. Could you imagine if they traded back with Cleveland? Got their #4 and #35? Maybe more? I would think that would make Houston more inclined to part with picks for Cousins if they like him as a 1-year test run option. I'd take their 1st pick in the 3rd and 5th for him, since I expect having picks 65-66 back to back would be a great situation to be in for us considering this drafts' depth

Maybe Donald, but Sutton? Nah. Easley was supposed to be a 1st rounder before he tore his ACL. The guy looked better than Datone Jones, who the Packers drafted in the 1st round last year.

Datone was kind of a reach. 2012 sutton was better than any easley, but sutton isn't going to be a 1st rounder either. I mean, ealy looked better than dion jordan last year but he won't be a top 3 pick! Of course all it takes is one team to fall in love.

According to Walter, at 66 we'd have our pick of all 3. But agreed, I doubt you have all 3 fall to the 3rd. That's crazy.

I'm hoping the Texans decide to either use the #1 on Clowney or trade it back. Could you imagine if they traded back with Cleveland? Got their #4 and #35? Maybe more? I would think that would make Houston more inclined to part with picks for Cousins if they like him as a 1-year test run option. I'd take their 1st pick in the 3rd and 5th for him, since I expect having picks 65-66 back to back would be a great situation to be in for us considering this drafts' depth

I hope texans take clowney too. That team is built on bpa and it's served them well. Clowney makes watt more dangerous. There's no andrew luck in this class so why not take a guy who will demolish luck for the next 10 years?

Yea I really hope we can make a deal with the Texans for Cousins if they accumulate extra picks. I hear many rumblings that they want a pro ready QB. My guess is hopefully Cousins or Ryan Mallett from the Patriots. I don't think they're sold on Manziel or Bridgewater, or any of the QB's out of the draft for that matter.

I hope texans take clowney too. That team is built on bpa and it's served them well. Clowney makes watt more dangerous. There's no andrew luck in this class so why not take a guy who will demolish luck for the next 10 years?

Lol right! Watt would eat good for years.

IIRC, Clark and Sanders were selected in the 1984 *supplemental* draft -- they were in the USFL.  Sanders was actually drafted by NE and traded to Wash.  Only Monk was drafted in the regular draft.

Ok, if we're reckoning Jackson could fall to the 3rd...

3rd Gabe Jackson    G

4th Donte Moncreif   WR

5th Justin Ellis           NT

6th Shaquil Barrett    OLB/ILB convert

7th Bryce Quigley      T

It'll help picking at the top of each round. Not really sure what to do with the 2nd rounder at the mo though. Not like we're short of places we need improving.

There is about a .00000001% chance that Yankey would fall to the 3rd round 

is there any chance at all that Ha Ha will drop to the top of the 2nd round? Can Ryan Shazier play inside linebacker in a 3-4 defense?

Pass.... He doesn't compare to any of the WR's listed and most people believe he is maxed out as a player.

Alshon Jeffery 6'3" 216 33" arms 10.25" hands 4.48 40 1.64 10 split 6.71 3 cone 36.5" vert 10'2" broad 18 reps

AJ Green 6'4" 211 34.5" arms 9.25" hands 4.50 40 1.55 10 split 6.91 3 cone 34.5" vert 10'6" broad 18 reps

Jordy Nelson 6'3" 217 ? arms ? hands 4.51 40 1.50 10 split 7.03 3 cone 31" vert 10'3" broad ? reps

Larry Fitzgerald 6'3" 225 ? arms ? hands 4.48 40 ? 10 split ? 3 cone ? vert ? broad ? reps

Jordan Matthews 6'3" 212 33.25" arms 10.5" hands 4.46 40 ? 10 split 6.95 3 cone 35.5" vert 10' broad 21 reps

Doesn't compare? Explain yourself. If most the people you are listening to think he's maxed out, start listening to other people.

Archived