Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 Comprehensive Nfl Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

Paul Richardson is a twig, which could allow him to fall to the 4th-5th round in this deep WR class. He could be an absolute steal there for us and fit what we need.

I really like Paul Richardson.  He honestly reminds me a bit of Marvin Harrison (who supposedly played between 175-180).  I'm not sure he makes it past the 3rd, I've got a feeling he'll have a pretty good combine.

But he fills exactly what our offense is missing.  Seems like an instant upgrade over Aldrick Robinson...and he'll be 4 years younger.  Unsure if we should spend our high 3rd on him and he's unlike any receiver Jay Gruden's drafed before, but he's certainly capable of getting open downfield more reliably than anyone we have on our roster.

The best thing for Haslett is get as much talent for the front 7 as possible. Help him win up front at the point of attack and the defense/Haslett will improve.

I feel like for Haslett and our defense to perform better, we'd have to add some serious talent to make up for Haslett's inabilities.  If Aaron Donald is there at #34 (which I don't think he will be), we have to grab him.

I guess we'll know more about ILB after FA, but as far as the draft goes.  I'm not sure who I want.  London was a little too slow last season and it hurt us.  I don't know if I want someone more versatile (like Kyle Van Noy) or someone with more speed.

I feel like for Haslett and our defense to perform better, we'd have to add some serious talent to make up for Haslett's inabilities.  If Aaron Donald is there at #34 (which I don't think he will be), we have to grab him.

I guess we'll know more about ILB after FA, but as far as the draft goes.  I'm not sure who I want.  London was a little too slow last season and it hurt us.  I don't know if I want someone more versatile (like Kyle Van Noy) or someone with more speed.

Van Noy has some speed.  I really wish Donald would be there at 34 too, but it's not looking great.  I don't think all 3 of Mosley, Shazier, and Van Noy go before pick 34, so we could grab a great ILB prospect there.  Likewise, one of Tuitt, Donald, or Hageman should be at 34 as well.  I have Donald over those linebackers but I think I'd rather go any of those linebackers over the other two DE.

Van Noy has some speed.  I really wish Donald would be there at 34 too, but it's not looking great.  I don't think all 3 of Mosley, Shazier, and Van Noy go before pick 34, so we could grab a great ILB prospect there.  Likewise, one of Tuitt, Donald, or Hageman should be at 34 as well.  I have Donald over those linebackers but I think I'd rather go any of those linebackers over the other two DE.

If Aaron Donald isn't there, I think I'd love to grab Dominique Easley in the 3rd round.  Looks like he's falling because of that ACL tear.  It's a bit worrisome that he's torn his ACL in both his knees now, but the guy was (and hopefully still is) really good.

I really like Paul Richardson.  He honestly reminds me a bit of Marvin Harrison (who supposedly played between 175-180).  I'm not sure he makes it past the 3rd, I've got a feeling he'll have a pretty good combine.

But he fills exactly what our offense is missing.  Seems like an instant upgrade over Aldrick Robinson...and he'll be 4 years younger.  Unsure if we should spend our high 3rd on him and he's unlike any receiver Jay Gruden's drafed before, but he's certainly capable of getting open downfield more reliably than anyone we have on our roster.

That´s one of my childhood hero´s. Marvin Harrison. Like the comparison. Both have insane abilitie to get open from the los, there release is crazy. 

Marvin Harrison, man he was amazing.

I think Paul fits Gruden perfect. He likes to make quick throws and deep balls. Two things that make Paul Richardson good are his elite release of the los and abilitie to get vertical. He might not have the size that Gruden liked in Cinci or the abilitie to break tackles (yac)...but I think he would fit really well.  

That´s one of my childhood hero´s. Marvin Harrison. Like the comparison. Both have insane abilitie to get open from the los, there release is crazy. 

Marvin Harrison, man he was amazing.

I think Paul fits Gruden perfect. He likes to make quick throws and deep balls. Two things that make Paul Richardson good are his elite release of the los and abilitie to get vertical. He might not have the size that Gruden liked in Cinci or the abilitie to break tackles (yac)...but I think he would fit really well.  

He is almost certain to go late too. Size is definitely an issue though and he has inconsistent hands but could be a steal late. 

If Van Noy, Shazier and Mosley are gone, who are your next best rated ILB to look at e.g. Shayne skov, Chris Borland, Christian Jones etc... and the rounds they are expected to go.

I wouldn't mind DE/DT/OL at 34 and possibly ILB at 66.

If Van Noy, Shazier and Mosley are gone, who are your next best rated ILB to look at e.g. Shayne skov, Chris Borland, Christian Jones etc... and the rounds they are expected to go.

That boy has skills.  Draft him.

From what I've seen he's anywhere from 2nd round to 5th.  The truth is somewhere in the middle.

But if you want a leader who is all heart and effort to replace 59, it's him.  And man is he crazy on the field.

From what I've seen he's anywhere from 2nd round to 5th.  The truth is somewhere in the middle.

But if you want a leader who is all heart and effort to replace 59, it's him.  And man is he crazy on the field.

Chris Borland is more like Fletch than any other player in this draft. Not just because he is 5'11 either. 

Someone is gonna get him round 3 and be happy for a long time

One guy I think doesn't get as much publicity as he should is Cody Hofman out of BYU. He's not the guy who will wow you with his speed, but he plays the ball well and is fairly refined as a player. He's a guy you can play right away and he'll make an impact because of his strength and ability to locate the ball.

I know DraftBreakdown has numerous clips of him to watch as well 

Graded some more games of the SAFs: Terrence Brooks vs Pitt, Bailey vs Stanford and Jimmie Ward vs Toledo

Terrence Brooks: 22 plays +10/-2 +5 cov

Sometimes brings arms to wrap finishes tackles with leg drives. Sometimes cut tackles. Hits with pop. Willing tackler. Good pursuit paths. Active player. Good coverage instincts to break-on passes to deflect/intercept. Plays most of his snaps at Single Post FS. Fluid natural movement.

Don Bailey: 29 plays +8/-3 +2 cov

Seldom brings arms, dive tackler leads to misses. Forced fumble. Short zone interception. Plays most snaps in the slot/or short zone defender does not play Half Field or Single Post FS. Game grade is boosted by forced fumble and zone interception.

James Ward: 46 plays +15.5/-1 +3 cov

Sometimes brings arms but is more of a cut/body tackler but didn't have any misses. Hits with pop. Willing tackler. Good pursuit paths. Active player. Good coverage instincts/ability even in man. Made great play to trail then break, deflect and intercept with his off hand. Played Deep Half and Single Post FS and slot man. Very good movement skills for a SAF moves like a CB.

after 1 game each: (1) D.Buc, (2) J. Ward, (3) T.Brooks,  (4) A.Dixon, (5) Ed Reynolds, (6) C.Pryor, (7) D. Bailey......got Huff, J.Thomas, C.Luston and Sunseri on deck

Jared Abbrederis is my pick for our 3rd rounder. Great size speed combo but what really sets him appart is his route running. Seems to get 3-4 yards of space on every single catch. After watching his tape in depth I think I would rank him in the top 5 receivers in this draft, and that is saying something

Here's my ideal mock:

2nd: Aaron Donald/Reshede Hagemen- If we convert to a 1 gap system, then Donald is the pick but if we stay 2 gap Hagemen all the way.

3rd: Jared Abbrederis- WATCH HIS TAPE

4th: Michael Schofield- Idea RT. Can only play RT so his stock will be a little lower than it should

5th: Brandon Thomas- Will probably go higher but would be great value here.

6th: Tyler Larsen- Is being mocked a little bit higher but I don't see him going before the 5th.

7th: Erik Lora- Looked good in the shrine game and could be a good slot/return guy. 

I like Skov a lot, reminds me a lot of Sean Lee.  Need to watch more Borland, but I just haven't been impressed by most other linebacker prospects this year.  I like Preston Brown as a late rounder though.  I think ILB is an area we may look to FA to patch up.

I like Skov a lot, reminds me a lot of Sean Lee.  Need to watch more Borland, but I just haven't been impressed by most other linebacker prospects this year.  I like Preston Brown as a late rounder though.  I think ILB is an area we may look to FA to patch up.

I wouldn't call him Sean Lee, but I can see a lot of the similarities as well 

I wouldn't draft Mewhort as an OG ahead of Hurt, Gettis or LeRib I would only play him there in the unlikely event that the staff doesn't view him as an immediate upgrade over Tyler. Ideally I want to provide our OGs a chance to step up as starters.  My plan for OG is to bring in a solid starting caliber veteran via FA and have our young guys battle it our with them in an open competition.

I like MM too.

How do you feel about James Hurst for RT?

The question is, how much do we want our ILB to cover TE's, HB and slot guys?

What we play is mostly: 2 Dlineman- 2 OLB's - 2 ILB - 3 CB - 2 SAF

I wouldn't mind if we then move our ILB off the field and sub in a tweener between safety and lb. A guy with great athletic abiltie. We did this look a couple of times last season. 

RedskinsAtl_zpsad4545c4.jpg

I just think does 3 down LB's are pretty rare these days. A guy who can stop the run and cover these super athletic TE's. Althought Christian Jones might be a option. I think he can cover most guys.

Agree with you guys that Kyle van Noy is also a option.

The question is, how much do we want our ILB to cover TE's, HB and slot guys?

What we play is mostly: 2 Dlineman- 2 OLB's - 2 ILB - 3 CB - 2 SAF

I wouldn't mind if we then move our ILB off the field and sub in a tweener between safety and lb. A guy with great athletic abiltie. We did this look a couple of times last season. 

I want to agree with you, but we have a direct problem in our division.  The Eagles thrive at running the ball against spread out nickel defenses.

I'm not as big a fan of building a team to compete solely with divisional rivals, but it's a headache.

Coverage ability is part of my ILB checklist. I imagine every defense expects at least one of their ILB to be able to cover.

Perry Riley did improve in that area, but all that could mean is that he went from disastrous to not terrible.  It's difficult for me to tell how good he is in coverage now, because of how bad he was beforehand.

Also, with how Haslett likes to interchange players and keep offenses guessing, we really need both of our ILB's to be able to cover.

Tried to watch Keith McGill today and he's truly an enigma to me. Has tons of talent, but he's so raw and some of his decisions are just baffling. Has the chance to be a star player, but will need some serious coaching 

Does anyone have more thoughts on McGill?  He's phsyical and plays to his size in coverage, except I haven't really seen him do much press.  Seemed to be mostly press bail or off.  But I was hoping to see him fight off WR blocks more, or be more active in the run game.  His work as a blitzer is pretty disheartening.  If he sees a RB ready to pick him up he'll come up short and try and jump up into the QB's throwing lane.  I'd rather see him putting pressure on the QB.

What I do like is how (unlike Josh Wilson) he turns to look for the ball in deep coverage, and due to his size, it's really hard for WR's to get around him.  Also like how he seems to use his size to pin receivers against the sideline, making it harder for QB's to place the ball.

He doesn't look good against Colorado, at first I thought that would have been one of the first games of the season, instead it was the last.  He had some good plays, but was beaten badly on most deep routes, which seems unlike the other games I watched.

If I had to guess, he'd go in either round 3 or 4, depending on how he runs at the combine.

What if we released Bowen/Carriker and re-signed Baker and brought in Lamar Houston from Oakland? Then we signed Donald Butler at ILB to go along with a re-signed Perry Riley. DO you go ILB or DE at 34? Or do you think you're good enough there to look elsewhere and get "depth" at DE and ILB in the 4-6th range?

If Donald or Martin aren't there, I'd be tempted to trade back. Such a deep draft, I would love to trade from 34 to somewhere around 42-46 and get an extra 3rd although that doesn't work out too well on the trade chart.

Trading down from 34 to 46 would, value-wise, allow you to add a 4th and a 5th. I'd be okay with that too.

From a value perspective this would work (rarely do you see a team move down more than 10 spots at once anyway):

Trade 34 (2nd) to St. Louis for 44 (2nd), 4th (106) and 141 (5th)

Trade 44 (2nd), 194 (7th) to San Francisco for 55 (2nd) and 94 (3rd)

So you end up with:

2(55), 3(66), 3(94), 4(98), 4(106), 5(130), 5(141), 6 (162)

Wouldn't mind that!

*Essentially, you'd be moving down 21 spots from 34 and picking up a 3rd, 4th and 5th and giving up a 7th

Archived