Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Guess Orakpo's Season

Go on record about Orakpo  

109 members have voted

1. 1. How will Orakpo's 2013 season pan out?

• He will prove himself to be elite and be a legit contender for Defensive Player of the Year
    • He will stay healthy and have a great season
    • He will stay healthy but only have a good season
    • He will NOT stay healthy all season but will play great in the games he is in
    • He will NOT stay healthy all season and will only be good in the games he is in

I voted for staying healthy and having a great season. I don't know exactly what barometer I set for good-great statistically, but I think he will have his best season yet, mainly because all the other threats we have to rush will make things easier for him. 

I do expect consistent pressure from him and somewhere in low double digit sacks. 

Since when is a double digit sack season mediocre?

Four of our most important six games are against QBs that can move (Romo sits to pee and Vick). When plays breakdown and they step up cleanly to their left, because Orakpo ran the tackle straight up field, and make big plays, we'll be frustrated. And his run support will frustrate us. 

If the preseason games mattered, I think we would be more mad about the CJ2K run than we are happy about his sack. 

I voted for option 3- He will stay healthy but only have a good season. 

Nothing wrong with that. Dudes a good player. 

But he's not elite. So it'd be remiss of me to predict a 'great' season from him.  ;)

Hail. 

I put that one in there for you, by the way lol...that's the "GHH Option" poll selection ;)

I think he will stay healthy (given an average amount of luck of course!) and have a very good season. I don't think he will be a defensive player of the year type player (say 18 plus sacks, multiple forced fumbles and a pick or 3) but I think he will have a 10 plus sack season and be part of a much improved pass rush.

As much as what he gets in terms of pressure his presence on one end and Kerrigan on the other along with options like Jackson and Jenkins is going to give us a lot of flexibility in our rush packages. Its going to be tough for offenses to design blocking schemes and consistently double anyone. 

Where's the option for stay healthy and have a mediocre season?

I think he'll register 10-12 sacks, but give us headaches in coverage, run support, and mobile QB containment. 

10-12 sacks is not mediocre. Its not Hall of Fame, but its not mediocre either.

I voted for option 3- He will stay healthy but only have a good season. 

Nothing wrong with that. Dudes a good player. 

But he's not elite. So it'd be remiss of me to predict a 'great' season from him.  ;)

Hail. 

Yeah exactly theres nothing wrong with that.  Even if Orakpo never turns out to be ELITE, he is a great starter, and the defense is better with him out there as opposed to being injured.  He does have the capability to become elite though well see

In other words he'll be Demarcus Ware minus about 3 sacks.

And run contain! ;)

I took option 2.  He'll have another good year, but he won't be elite.  It'll make contract negotians the thrill of the offseason!  Especially with the cap money we get back!

With the caveat that I hope he goes out there and just balls me and my opinions into a corner.

Come on 9-8!

It's very telling that the first selection has no clicks. 

I think the phantom truth behind it all is that Kerrigan is just all-world better.  I belive that black players are pure freaks in terms of physical acumen but white players are just hard workers. 

Ignoring the racial aspect of your comments lol...I could do the same poll for Kerrigan and after an hour there wouldn't be any votes for the first selection for him, either. "All-world better" or not.

I need to find that article last season (or maybe the season before) that criticized Ware for his "run contain"...basically said opposing offenses recognize this and keep running at him with success.

Even if Ware lacks in run contain/ coverage. He's an elite edge rusher. Brian isn't. 

Jenkins has the traits, even in college, to be an elite edge rusher. Traits Brian doesn't.  Time will out on whether they translate to the pros but the initial signs are promising. 

And I know you weren't comparing the two. I just thought I'd add. Just in case Wares reading. And needs an agent .....

Hail. 

Archived