Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Guess Orakpo's Season

Go on record about Orakpo  

109 members have voted

1. 1. How will Orakpo's 2013 season pan out?

• He will prove himself to be elite and be a legit contender for Defensive Player of the Year
    • He will stay healthy and have a great season
    • He will stay healthy but only have a good season
    • He will NOT stay healthy all season but will play great in the games he is in
    • He will NOT stay healthy all season and will only be good in the games he is in

Brians biggest plus is Ryan Kerrigan, they will bust some QB's right up this season, teams with two good defensive ends tend to have very good defenses with the LB corps we have and the improvements in the backs this defense is going to be very hard to score against'

The real question for me in terms of sacks is how well will the defensive backfield hold up.  Can our safeties cover tight ends?  Will Hall continue to get fooled?  Is Wilson ready to go?  Can Amerson and Biggers step up?  Last year, it was a combo of bad pass coverage and poor pressure.  If we get poor coverage than the pass rush won't have as much time to get there.  There's a symbiotic relationship.

I chose stay healthy out of optimism and have a great season. Great for him would be 14 sacks. 16+ along with other stats/ game changing plays would be elite. Hope he does what we've all hoped he could and would be when he was drafted. Kerrigan is getting better and better, the two should be a terror.

I chose stay healthy out of optimism and have a great season. Great for him would be 14-16 sacks. along with other stats/ game changing plays. Hope he does what we've all hoped he could and would be when he was drafted. Kerrigan is getting better and better, the two should be a terror.

16 sacks, game-changing plays and "other" impressive stats?...

If he does that he'll be considered elite and might garner some Defensive MVP talk here and there. Choose #1 instead lol...

16 sacks, game-changing plays and "other" impressive stats?...

If he does that he'll be considered elite and might garner some Defensive MVP talk here and there. Choose #1 instead lol...

I did a bad edit job califan. I meant good would be 14 sacks, he had 11 one season averages about 7.5. and elite would be 16+ with other stats ie couple interceptions for tds, forced bumbles etc.

Did anybody notice Brian Orakpo playing against Buffalo? He was totally ineffective. He actually appeared like any average defensive end that they could pick up off the street from late August cuts.

He claimed that he will win DPY but he didn't look fired up to me Saturday. He appeared to be a bit slow in his pass rush, with no particular spin moves or fancy footwork or dips or anything else. He always appears to simply speed rush to the outside and is always a hair late in trying to knock down a pass because he has gone to far upfield.

Is it just me or do we once again see an Orakpo who seems to be at that 10 sack level but unable to actually be a difference maker? And by the 5th game when Rob Jackson comes back...should the Skins just start rotating jackson in on about half the plays to see if he can generate more game changing plays like he did last season?

Can you tell I was disappointed in Orakpo Saturday? Anybody else see what I saw?

Archived