Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 Preseason Games

TheDiplomat

Hopefully their ST looked bad because we got their coach and he was just so awesome they don't know what to do anymore.  B)

Yeah, that would be a good thing. 

I was less bullish on getting rid of Danny Smith than others, but I am very hopeful that we traded up.  And Pittsburgh ST so far hasn't looked staller.

Speaking of which, wouldn't it be nice to run a kick back on them tomorrow night? Sweet revenge? Or block a punt or kick?

Yeah, that would be a good thing. 

I was less bullish on getting rid of Danny Smith than others, but I am very hopeful that we traded up.  And Pittsburgh ST so far hasn't looked staller.

Speaking of which, wouldn't it be nice to run a kick back on them tomorrow night? Sweet revenge? Or block a punt or kick?

I would start rolling if we blocked a kick.

Hitman, I usually love your posts, but it's being overblown partly because of what you're doing here. :)

I agree with you that Hank gets a lot of undue criticism. In my opinion, any criticism he receives should be qualified with how he's generally a good WR. Which is what I do everytime I criticize him myself. 

Still, Hankerson PLAYS A BIT SOFT FOR HIS SIZE. Welker is like half of Hank's size. For you to bring it up without mentioning that is a big part of the problem. Even still, as small as Welker is in comparison to Hank, thus far in their careers Welker plays a LOT harder and is more willing to take a hit. I can prove this just by posting some highlight reels, but I think it's pretty much common sense. 

I mean, it's kind of ridiculous. After the recent preseason game, I mentioned Hank's softness on that one play and then how he played great the rest of the way, and I got into a bitter argument with SWFLskins while he pretty much ignored the fact that I said Hank was awesome the rest of the way! All because I said Hank was soft on that one play! And, yes, it was obvious he was going down BEFORE anyone touched him whether or not there were a hundred guys around him. Who is blowing what out of proportion when we're not allowed to constructively criticize our own players?

I mean, let's be honest, I'm considered a massive homer around these parts because rampant negativity is somehow considered "realism" these days and, yet, somehow when it comes to Hank I'm "nitpicking and being negative" even when I state over and over again that I think he's a good WR but would become elite if he just fixes that aspect of his game, lol.

Even Mike Shanahan called him out on his mental toughness in a presser and Mike never does that! Yeesh.     

I think part of the "over-blowing" here is on the part of some of us who hate to see him criticized at all. That's not right. Especially knowing just how elite Hankerson can become if he plays with just a little bit more aggression... something I was so incredibly happy to see him do after that one play in which Mike also happened to say something to him coming off the sideline. I guess that was just a coincidence. ;) 

Now go on with posting your usual posts that I almost never disagree with, lol. :) 

Agreed. I'm on vacation, but I don't have much time to get my point across like this post. Hank just needs to play more aggressively. I want more Dez Bryant toughness after the catch. 

Hitman, I usually love your posts, but it's being overblown partly because of what you're doing here. :)

I agree with you that Hank gets a lot of undue criticism. In my opinion, any criticism he receives should be qualified with how he's generally a good WR. Which is what I do everytime I criticize him myself. 

Still, Hankerson PLAYS A BIT SOFT FOR HIS SIZE. Welker is like half of Hank's size. For you to bring it up without mentioning that is a big part of the problem. Even still, as small as Welker is in comparison to Hank, thus far in their careers Welker plays a LOT harder and is more willing to take a hit. I can prove this just by posting some highlight reels, but I think it's pretty much common sense. 

I mean, it's kind of ridiculous. After the recent preseason game, I mentioned Hank's softness on that one play and then how he played great the rest of the way, and I got into a bitter argument with SWFLskins while he pretty much ignored the fact that I said Hank was awesome the rest of the way! All because I said Hank was soft on that one play! And, yes, it was obvious he was going down BEFORE anyone touched him whether or not there were a hundred guys around him. Who is blowing what out of proportion when we're not allowed to constructively criticize our own players?

I mean, let's be honest, I'm considered a massive homer around these parts because rampant negativity is somehow considered "realism" these days and, yet, somehow when it comes to Hank I'm "nitpicking and being negative" even when I state over and over again that I think he's a good WR but would become elite if he just fixes that aspect of his game, lol.

Even Mike Shanahan called him out on his mental toughness in a presser and Mike never does that! Yeesh.     

I think part of the "over-blowing" here is on the part of some of us who hate to see him criticized at all. That's not right. Especially knowing just how elite Hankerson can become if he plays with just a little bit more aggression... something I was so incredibly happy to see him do after that one play in which Mike also happened to say something to him coming off the sideline. I guess that was just a coincidence. ;) 

Now go on with posting your usual posts that I almost never disagree with, lol. :) 

Fair enough tso, and I for the most part agree with you. If I let on that any criticism was unfair, I apologize.

Hank is a polarizing figure on the team. For the most part, people either love him or hate him; you barely ever see a middle of the road guy. I like to think that I'm with you, that I give him (and everyone else for that matter) criticism when they deserve it, but props when they deserve that too.

Far too often with Hank, I see just the opposite of what you described - people who harp on everything negative, including blowing minor stuff out of proportion, and ignore the good. I did read what you wrote about him and agreed completely with it.

With that being said, I've been big on Hank since before the draft - as noted by my thread regarding why we should draft him. So I might lean a bit more to the kool-aid side with him, but I still try to criticize when it's due.

Must be a new power because he sure didn't have it last year lol...

I believe he lead the league in dropped interceptions last yeah though lol

Giants announce X-rays on Baas were negative, sprained knee, out for game.

INJURY UPDATE: X-rays on Victor Cruz's foot were negative, bruised heel. He's in shorts on the sidelines and done for the day. #INDvsNYG

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/18/available-veteran-tight-end-options-slim-for-dolphins/

Keller reportedly tore the ACL, MCL and PCL in his right knee, dislocated his kneecap and Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald reports that doctors also fear nerve damage that could turn a season-ending injury into a career-threatening one. 

I really hope there's no nerve damage, that would be real unfortunate for the guy.

Fair enough tso, and I for the most part agree with you. If I let on that any criticism was unfair, I apologize.

Hank is a polarizing figure on the team. For the most part, people either love him or hate him; you barely ever see a middle of the road guy. I like to think that I'm with you, that I give him (and everyone else for that matter) criticism when they deserve it, but props when they deserve that too.

Far too often with Hank, I see just the opposite of what you described - people who harp on everything negative, including blowing minor stuff out of proportion, and ignore the good. I did read what you wrote about him and agreed completely with it.

With that being said, I've been big on Hank since before the draft - as noted by my thread regarding why we should draft him. So I might lean a bit more to the kool-aid side with him, but I still try to criticize when it's due.

1st, I tried to edit the quote down to only the bold, because that's all I wanted to respond to, and every time I tried to remove the first line, it just removed the whole quote box.  I actually am a fan of 90% of the new board stuff, but that is driving me crazy.

2nd. I see the same thing, and I just don't quite understand WHY he's so polarizing.  I mean, the lockout cost him his first off-season, he was a 3rd round pick, he started 2011 inactive, practiced like hell and eventually worked his way onto the field, was having a monster game, then got hurt.  Then, rehabbed the next off-season, and had a very average season last year.  Kindof expected for a 3rd round pick.  He hasn't had the best camp, but it hasn't been terrible.

I guess I just don't understand why he's so polarizing. I kindof see him as who he is.  Some good. Some not so good.  Good potential, but has a ways to go.  

And he's the 4th WR. In 2010, Joey Galloway was a starter.  I would hazzard that even at this point, Hank is at least as good as the 2010 version of Galloway.  I would say as a unit, we've come a long way. 

1st, I tried to edit the quote down to only the bold, because that's all I wanted to respond to, and every time I tried to remove the first line, it just removed the whole quote box.  I actually am a fan of 90% of the new board stuff, but that is driving me crazy.

There's a switch in the top-left corner of the reply box that lets you switch off of new reply features so you can handle the BBcode stuff yourself and not fight with the system.

Luke Keuchely or however you spell his name is one hell of a player.

Also, the NFL is ruining football with the defenseless receiver bull**** calls.

My GOD he picked the next pass.

Terrorising Flacco.

If they could ever stay healthy, the Panthers could be in the conversation for best LBs corps in the league. 3 studs.

Archived