Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 Preseason Games

TheDiplomat

I like what I see from Micah Hyde so far. He's got a nose for the ball at the CB position. Could be a bit better in coverage, but for a 5th round rookie going against number ones, it's to be expected. It looks like he's being groomed to take over Charles Woodson's old role.

Watching the Saints vs. Texans pre-season game. 2 immediate thoughts:

1. You can defintitely tell that they run the Shanahan offense.

2. Rob Ryan looks like a twin of captain wild bill wichrowski,

The bonus is Andre Johnson has talent and skills.

EDIT: Matt Schaub has a very, very average arm. You can tell that he knows where to go with the ball, he's accurate, but the ball lacks the zip of the better QBs.

I wonder, wonder, wonder ... IF the Texans flame out this year, do they fire Gary Kubiak, hire Kyle Shanahan to keep a little continuity, and trade for Captain Kirk?

Would be drastic.

EDIT 2: It is very startling how similar the Texans and 'Skins offense is. Even with all the window dressing that the 'Skins do out of the pistol, it's very similar.

And I think every time they run that play-action boot to the right, bring the QB around to the left and have somebody WIDE OPEN running across the field, they should owe a patent fee to Mike Shanahan and John Elway, who won 2 SBs running that play.

Of the teams that have come out with new unis recently, I like the Vikings ones the best. Sharp look

Just posted something similar in The Random Thought Thread. We need to go a similar route. The stripes on our jerseys and pants are just so...blah.

Kaepernick is the most overrated QB in recent memory. Alex Smith was completing 70% of his passes in that offense. Falcons got screwed when the refs swallowed their whistles in last years NFC championship game. The NFL wanted their Harbaugh Bowl.

Kaepernick is definitely not overrated.

Alex Smith was doing just fine. 104.1 rating. Singletary built that team. Harbaugh gets all the credit. When was the last time a QB lost his job to injury with a 100+ rating on the season? I'm guessing never. Harbaugh saw what the Skins were doing and wanted to play copy cat.

Alex Smith was doing just fine. 104.1 rating. Singletary built that team. Harbaugh gets all the credit. When was the last time a QB lost his job to injury with a 100+ rating on the season? I'm guessing never. Harbaugh saw what the Skins were doing and wanted to play copy cat.

Completely agree.  He's not a refined passer at all.

Archived