Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RG3 Hate is Tiring

WakkaWakka

Anytime there is a published/posted/tweeted blurb about the greatest rookie quarterback of all time, you can be sure the trolls will come with the same tired hate.

"RGKnee"

"IRG3"

etc., etc.

At first I just scoffed these losersish comments away as superciliously as possible. But damn, these losers never tire of hating, and it has eventually become draining to the point where I just skip comment sections. They wish RG3 the worst. What has he ever done besides be awesome? I've never seen so much hate for a player that has been nothing but positive. Some of the haters say they tire of his overexposure, but that's just silly. In their simple mind, you have to "earn" the right to be paid by the Subway's of the world by proving it "year in and year out", nevermind the fact his current marketability is through the roof.

And if RG3 ever gets hurt again, brace yourselves for the "I told you so's". Confirmation bias such as this is typical for loser fans not belonging to Redskins' nation. Nevermind the fact that every player is at injury risk and any future injury is often independent of prior injury.

So fans of Redskins' Nation, when the Pain Train lays waste to any city, make sure to lay the smack thick to any haters there. They are tiring, annoying, childish, and an embarrassment to humanity.

Comes with the territory. Envy is the worst form of human nature. You have something that people covert, human nature invariably turns them ugly when what they covert is so much better than what they have. Sports is just about the worst manifestation of this.

And let's be fair, we have our own share who readily jump on opposition great players at any given opportunity. One that springs instantly to mind is the belittling of Ware on here.

It is what it is man. Just smile and wave and let 10 shut them up with his play on the field.

Hail.  

It comes with the territory, when your QB is a threat he's going to get slandered by other fans religiously, don't let it get to you. I mean Tom Brady still gets his fair share of slander, the only thing that's going to shut haters up is winning. Once you start winning consistently eventually the trolls start to dwindle and then they choose another player to attack.  

His injury is literally the only negative thing they can focus on, so that's what they do.  I don't see much worthwhile criticism of RG3 that has to do with what happens on the football field once the ball is snapped.

They make fun of how ugly Peyton is.  They make fun of Brady's wife.  They make fun of that mole thing on Brees's face.  They poke fun at Rothlisberger's dating strategies.  They talk about Flacco's eyebrows.  Anything but talking about the football-related stuff.

Anytime there is a published/posted/tweeted blurb about the greatest rookie quarterback of all time, you can be sure the trolls will come with the same tired hate.

"RGKnee"

"IRG3"

etc., etc.

At first I just scoffed these losersish comments away as superciliously as possible. But damn, these losers never tire of hating, and it has eventually become draining to the point where I just skip comment sections. They wish RG3 the worst. What has he ever done besides be awesome? I've never seen so much hate for a player that has been nothing but positive. Some of the haters say they tire of his overexposure, but that's just silly. In their simple mind, you have to "earn" the right to be paid by the Subway's of the world by proving it "year in and year out", nevermind the fact his current marketability is through the roof.

And if RG3 ever gets hurt again, brace yourselves for the "I told you so's". Confirmation bias such as this is typical for loser fans not belonging to Redskins' nation. Nevermind the fact that every player is at injury risk and any future injury is often independent of prior injury.

So fans of Redskins' Nation, when the Pain Train lays waste to any city, make sure to lay the smack thick to any haters there. They are tiring, annoying, childish, and an embarrassment to humanity.

Should make you feel glad that we have something positive to be hated on.....Not like the days gone by when we really sucked and the hate was shared by Skins fans.

However, there's usually a bit of irony for me to me to see anyone on any board talking about hating "haters" elsewhere when every such message board has plenty of it's own "hating" going on in regular fashion. Of course, the defense there is "but our hate is valid." And usually I agree :P because we are a cut above the norm  B)  ;). But there are more than a few Redskins fans here who post the same type of exaggerated "hate stuff" we decry in others at times. And if we didn't moderate this place like we do, you'd see a lot more of the really ugly variety than you do.

I look at it this way--most of those kinds of "hater" fan comments are not to my liking no matter who they emerge from, but I like finally having someone everyone else thinks is important enough to hate so ridiculously.

His injury is literally the only negative thing they can focus on, so that's what they do.  I don't see much worthwhile criticism of RG3 that has to do with what happens on the football field once the ball is snapped.

Pretty much.

And for the record, I think IRG3 is pretty funny...

It comes with the territory, when your QB is a threat he's going to get slandered by other fans religiously, don't let it get to you. I mean Tom Brady still gets his fair share of slander, the only thing that's going to shut haters up is winning. Once you start winning consistently eventually the trolls start to dwindle and then they choose another player to attack.  

Exactly. Any big winner will find their flaws either magnified or fabricated by certain types of rivals (mainly those envious or ego-insecure). And denial remains among the most popular and oft-used defense mechanisms. <insert old devil smiley>

But I also think it's fair to say that "hating" (as we're using the term here) on some individuals or groups varies in merit. Hating on RG3 is, IMO, less arguably supported than "hating" on Big Ben. So the RG3 "hater" is likely one of the more "committed" (stupid) breeds of that kind of idjit. <where is my devil smiley? >

Exactly. Any big winner will find their flaws either magnified or fabricated by certain types of rivals (mainly those envious or ego-insecure). And denial remains among the most popular and oft-used defense mechanisms. <insert old devil smiley>

But I also think it's fair to say that "hating" (as we're using the term here) on some individuals or groups varies in merit. Hating on RG3 is, IMO, less arguably supported than "hating" on Big Ben. So the RG3 "hater" is likely one of the more "committed" (stupid) breeds of that kind of idjit. <where is my devil smiley? >

I agree, besides I can't deny I've done my fair share of "hating" star players of other teams during the Zorn era when other teams were beating on us consistently. (Not Proud Of It Though)  :( hahaha 

We FINALLY have our franchise quarterback.  I'm 27 and have been waiting my entire life for one.  Sorry, but it's going to take a lot more than anything any outsiders could say about RG3 to get me worked up.  At the end of the day, nothing that anyone say bad about him is going to have one iota of an effect on him.  He's way too smart and focused for that crap.  And like others have said, people only hate when they have a reason to care, and the fans of the other 31 teams have a direct reason to care, which is something we couldn't say about our QB situation for way, way too long around here.

Get used to it...

It's what happens when you become a dangerous team with one of the leagues most popular, polarizing, and marketable athletes. Being a Heat fan, it is nothing new to have your team/fanbase hated. With any luck the Redskins will win a couple SB's and people will start asking you if you're actually from DC. Then you'll know that you're team is the ****.

It just goes with being a fan.  Many people do it to stir the pot of trolling.

I mean last year it was "You can't spell Eliminated without Eli."

I saw one on the weekend, "You can't spell Maclin without ACL."

It's everywhere, not just with RGIII.

"I mean last year it was "You can't spell Eliminated without Eli"

That kind of hate is fine. That's pertinent to play on the field. It's the wishing of career ending injury that's so grating to the soul. A few knuckleheads is understandable. But the amount of hate RG3 gets in the subset of NFL player is unprecedented in my opinion.

Hate, exciting and new
Come Aboard. We're expecting you. 
Hate, life's sweetest reward. 
Let it flow, it floats back to you. 
The Hate Boat soon will be making another run
The Hate Boat promises something for everyone 
Set a course for adventure,
Your mind on a fresh enemy.
Hate won't hurt anymore 
It's FUN when fired at a hostile shore. 
Yes HATE! It's HATE! It's HATE! 

:P