Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Vick, Foles keep splitting reps with neither showing signs of emerging

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/28/vick-foles-keep-splitting-reps-with-neither-showing-signs-of-emerging/

Via John Gonzalez of CSNPhilly.com, Mike Vick and Nick Foles split first-team reps for the third day of training camp, with Vick unofficially completing nine of 14 throws and Foles nine of 16.  Gonzalez writes that neither man “did much to impress.”

In fact, the best throw of the day came from rookie Matt Barkley, who has (to date) been relegated to third string.  Barkley completed nine of 11 passes in 15 snaps, including a long throw and catch to Greg Salas that drew a roar from the crowd.

The longer it takes for Vick to emerge, the better the chance Foles will have to take the starting job.  The longer it takes for Foles to emerge, the better the chance Barkley will barge his way in to the conversation.

i think they should start barkley with vick at #2 and foles at #3... it's a new NFL/NFCE people... you can start rookies and have a capable vet as a backup.

but i'm fine with any of them starting because we are going to DESTROY them on monday night.

i think they should start barkley with vick at #2 and foles at #3... it's a new NFL/NFCE people... you can start rookies and have a capable vet as a backup.

but i'm fine with any of them starting because we are going to DESTROY them on monday night.

Remember all the ballyhooing about how Chip's offense was gonna take the nfl by storm and the redskins were in trouble?

Hah!

Vick is going to start. I have no doubts about it. Vick succeeding, I do have doubts about. He'll play to about Week 7 where injury/poor performance takes over. I just can't think they will pass up the possible speed of Vick for Foles/Barkley who are probably better players than what Vick is now in his career. And I'm not saying he's still speedy/quick but just simply playing off his contract/past.

Definitely not a good situation for the Eagles to be in, but I have to say, this article is pretty silly (as per usual from PFT, and that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy you posting it Califan, lol). It's 3 days into training camp, I mean, seriously. PFT does a good job sensationalizing the mundane, I guess.

There's nothing to see here, Vick can easily emerge and so can Foles, as they're both learning new systems and are just getting started. If anything, this bodes well for us since the Eagles will most likely still be trying to find their way come the first game of the year. I have a feeling they'll have a good first drive or two, but once we catch their drift it'll be over quickly. 

You know what they say:

If you have two QBs, you really don't have any.

Skins have 2 QBs Griffin III and Cousins. Guess that's why there are exceptions to every rule.

The saying is for QB controversies.  We don't have one of those.  We have a defined pecking order.

You know what they say:

If you have two QBs, you really don't have any.

What happens if you have three?

Rex counts more like a half.  So 2 and a half...

More in reference to the Iggles. Vick, Foles, and Barkley

It remains to be seen if they have one viable QB, much less 3 right now  -_-

Archived