Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Yeah. I'm not all that excited about CLE.

But I think it depends how good you think Kyrie is. He's good but I think ppl let the All Star game performances and Uncle Drew commercials skew his actual performance

I think Kyrie will get legitimately good. Be more than just a scorer when he gets to play meaningful basketball.

Offensively, Steph Curry might be the only star PG in the league better suited to play with LeBron. Their offense should be really good.

And I think LeBron will teach Kyrie how to be a good pro and he will take the leadership burden off Kyrie--something I don't think he's been capable of handling his first three years.

But I also don't expect Kyrie to suddenly become a fully formed second banana on a championship team. First off, Kyrie has no experience playing an entire season, much less playing deep into the postseason. His body won't be ready for it immediately. Kyrie will not even be close to being able to play 3,500 to 4,000 minutes. He'll get worn down long before he reaches that level and Cleveland will start slowing down and hit the wall just like the Wizards did last year.

Also Kyrie is a dog defensively. He's going to have to play defense now that Cleveland will actually be playing meaningful games. But he still has little understanding of how to play defense. Despite having LeBron, Cleveland is probably still going to be a lousy defensive team which limits their ceiling.

haha. Ugh. How did I know that was coming.

LeBron instantly makes all of them better.

He alone, is better than the Bullets starting two stars.

Did you miss the part where I said starting 5 ?

Read.

I read your claim. That's why I said, "without Love, LeBron will be Cleveland's only starter better than Washington's starter."

That means that four out of five of Washington's starters will be better than Cleveland's starters. That means that Washington's starting five is better than Cleveland's.

And I added that Washington's depth is better too.

I read your claim. That's why I said, "without Love, LeBron will be Cleveland's only starter better than Washington's starter."

That means that four out of five of Washington's starters will be better than Cleveland's starters. That means that Washington's starting five is better than Cleveland's.

And I added that Washington's depth is better too.

Thus my response that LeBron is better than BOTH of the Wiz stars. I am not a Lebron fan.

They don't need Love IMO. Lebron seemingly is there to retire.

He stated that he did not want to make a promise, etc.

So either he is BS'g or the team is.

I feel that giving up Wiggins would be a big mistake. You seem to think that is the only thing that gets it done. I understand that.

LeBron loses by trying to lose one of the best young players to come along. A player that actually plays defense.

Realize that there are a ton of guys that put up stats on bad teams. Love could be one of those guys, I don't really think that, but it happens.

He ( Lebron) is still young enough to wait a couple years. Does he want to ? Of course not.

The depth part is irrelevant if your starters can't get the job done ( close the deal)  in most situations.

I want the season to start now so the Wizards can start 5-9 and the Hornetcats start 4-11 and we can end this madness.

Fair enough, but the reason they've dominated the conversation is because they're the two local teams and they are coming off playoff seasons.

I'll talk about Houston. They were one of the interesting story lines that got buried during the playoffs and offseason. What are they doing right now?

I think you guys are drinking the koolaid a bit on the Wiz. I think they're a top 4 team, but I don't think they have a better team than Chicago, maybe Indiana, maybe Cleveland. But hey, they do have a very good team so who knows.

A little? They are setting themselves up for failure is what they're doing.

Side note: the Hornets nearly won the SL. That team has crazy depth. Don't sleep on 'em.

I want the season to start now so the Wizards can start 5-9 and the Hornetcats start 4-11 and we can end this madness.

Funny thing is that the Wizards did start off 5-9 last year and still made it to the second round of the playoffs. :D

A little? They are setting themselves up for failure is what they're doing.

Side note: the Hornets nearly won the SL. That team has crazy depth. Don't sleep on 'em.

You're kidding me right? 

You talk about us setting ourselves up for failure, and then brag about the Hornets almost winning the SL? I'm guessing that was sarcasm. It has to be...

i can't believe the stories aout there on what Minny is demanding for a 1-year rental of Love....

the last two #1 overall picks...  AND its not enough!???  they are demanding another #1.   that is insanity.  Love is a good, not great, player.  I would TOTALLY stick with what they have in Cleveland, and build around it.  we know that vetrans are willing to flock to LBJ at below market prices... bring in some poor-man-versions of Love, and run with what they have unless they get back equal value (or near equal) for what they give up.  

• Like 1

Funny thing is that the Wizards did start off 5-9 last year and still made it to the second round of the playoffs. :D

You're kidding me right?

You talk about us setting ourselves up for failure, and then brag about the Hornets almost winning the SL? I'm guessing that was sarcasm. It has to be...

Not kidding at all. Their roster has a ton of depth. And their two first round draft picks nearly led them to the SL title...as the 23 seed.

Besides, I'm not delusional, as most Wiz fans are, thinking they are the best team in the East (what a joke). Hornets are definitely going to be higher than a 7 seed. Probably in the 4-5 range. Book it

haha. Ugh. How did I know that was coming.

LeBron instantly makes all of them better.

He alone, is better than the Bullets starting two stars.

Did you miss the part where I said starting 5 ?

Read.

Gortat > Varejao

Nene > Thompson (but of course Nene will get hurt)

Pierce < LeBron

Beal > Waiters

Wall > Irving

Now, LeBron will do his thing and make everyone around him look better but as we saw in the playoffs, in a 7-game series, eventually that won't work.

• Like 1

i can't believe the stories aout there on what Minny is demanding for a 1-year rental of Love....

the last two #1 overall picks...  AND its not enough!???  they are demanding another #1.   that is insanity.  Love is a good, not great, player.  I would TOTALLY stick with what they have in Cleveland, and build around it.  we know that vetrans are willing to flock to LBJ at below market prices... bring in some poor-man-versions of Love, and run with what they have unless they get back equal value (or near equal) for what they give up.

It wouldn't be a one year rental of Love. Of course he'd sign long term for Cleveland, and they could get assurance from him on an extension before the trade.

Love isn't just some guy either. He's a perennial All NBA player, an Olympian, and one of the top four PFs in the league. And arguably the league's best stretch four. He's arguably one of the ten best players in the league regardless of position. And he's just now entering his prime. There aren't poor man's versions of him floating around the league. He's unique and one of the most valuable assets in the league.

His actual value far exceeds the value of Wiggins (question mark, pure potential), Bennett (draft bust), and a future first. Bennett and that future first are basically negligible. Bennett has negative trade value if anything. Wiggins is the only asset Cleveland has that's attractive outside Irving. He's not 1:1 value for Love. The hope would be that in four or five years, he'd be as valuable as Love is right now.

But even if Wiggins actually gets as good as Love, he will never be as valuable to Cleveland as Love would be. He plays the same position as LeBron and has a totally different window than LeBron. The point in having an asset like LeBron is you can build a title team around him right now. That's what Cleveland is trying to do. That's why they're building an offer around Wiggins and trying to get Love.

Not kidding at all. Their roster has a ton of depth. And their two first round draft picks nearly led them to the SL title...as the 23 seed.

Besides, I'm not delusional, as most Wiz fans are, thinking they are the best team in the East (what a joke). Hornets are definitely going to be higher than a 7 seed. Probably in the 4-5 range. Book it

lol The reason I laughed t you mentioning the summer league because it was a certain team that you're poo-pooing that "almost" won the summer league title as well. Shoot, they had two first team players on the all summer league team.

But I digress...

Look, nobody hear is saying that the Wizards are winning the championship. Nobody is saying that they WILL be the one seed. We are projecting. 

But how can you blame us. We went to the second round of the playoffs. Could have made the ECF championship if we played better down the stretch. 

Yes, we did lose Ariza, but you can't deny that Paul Pierce is still a quality player. We don't need him to be THE Paul Pierce of old, we just need him to make occasional buckets here and there. 

And the depth we have added on the bench is huge. 

Again, we're not delusional. This team has improved, a 1-3 seed is not out of the question. 

Wall > Irving? Good one, ML lol

I didn't say that.

But as far as playing the PG role, I'll take Wall over Irving. 

Now if we're talking who is the better basketball player, I think Kyrie is better because he's the better shooter. But if I needed a floor general, I'm taking Wall.

I'm taking Steph over both though.  

ML, the reason I'm laughing is because the Wiz finished ONE game better than the Hornets, yet most Wiz fans are projecting them to be the best team in the East, while having the Hornets no higher than a 6 seed. Most have them as a 7 or 8 seed, and some don't even have us making the playoffs! That's the definition of "delusional"!

You guys are making WAY too much of beating the Bulls last year!

I didn't say that.

But as far as playing the PG role, I'll take Wall over Irving.

Now if we're talking who is the better basketball player, I think Kyrie is better because he's the better shooter. But if I needed a floor general, I'm taking Wall.

I'm taking Steph over both though.

Ok, I can buy all that. Edited by Bubble Screen

ML, the reason I'm laughing is because the Wiz finished ONE game better than the Hornets, yet most Wiz fans are projecting them to be the best team in the East, while having the Hornets no higher than a 6 seed. Most had them as a 7 or 8 seed, and done didn't even have us making the playoffs! That's the definition of "delusional"!

You guys are making WAY to much of beating the Bulls last year!

Did you see my post about the way we started last year? We started off 5-9, and honestly, it kind of got a little worst after that.  But I think around mid-January, things started to click. The team, coach included, started to believe that they were a good team.

And it's not that we beat Chicago in the playoffs, we beat them pretty handily (Sorry, Brave, no harm intended). And like I said, we could have beaten the Pacers if we played better at the end of games, and mister "do everything" Trevor Ariza didn't go ice cold in some of those Pacers game. 

It;s not that anybody's throwing shade on the Bobcats, but they kind of got their tails beat in the first round. Getting Stephenson is a good upgrade, and I can see y'all getting a 5 or six seed. But quite frankly, they're just not as talented as the top teams in the East, and they don't have a deep bench to balance that talent out. 

Wall > Irving? Good one, ML lol

There is no question John Wall is better because he actually plays both ends of the floor.  I get that ESPN told you Kyrie was the scond coming of Pete Maravich but as of this point right now, no sane GM takes him over Wall #1. 

Wall can be a defensive game changer.  Kyrie is not.  Offensively they are about the same but Wall is a better passer .

...you guys have to stop letting these Uncle Drew commercials skew your view on Kyrie lol

He's not better than Wall.

Yeah, he's just primarily a scorer. A very, very, talented score, but a scorer nonetheless. His defensive game is bleh, and he won't make players around him much better. That's why as a PG to run my team, give me Wall. 

There is no question John Wall is better because he actually plays both ends of the floor. I get that ESPN told you Kyrie was the scond coming of Pete Maravich but as of this point right now, no sane GM takes him over Wall #1.

Wall can be a defensive game changer. Kyrie is not. Offensively they are about the same but Wall is a better passer .

ESPN told me nothing. I have two eyes.

And lol@ "they are about the same offensively". One of them can actually shoot!

Did you see my post about the way we started last year? We started off 5-9, and honestly, it kind of got a little worst after that. But I think around mid-January, things started to click. The team, coach included, started to believe that they were a good team.

And it's not that we beat Chicago in the playoffs, we beat them pretty handily (Sorry, Brave, no harm intended). And like I said, we could have beaten the Pacers if we played better at the end of games, and mister "do everything" Trevor Ariza didn't go ice cold in some of those Pacers game.

It;s not that anybody's throwing shade on the Bobcats, but they kind of got their tails beat in the first round. Getting Stephenson is a good upgrade, and I can see y'all getting a 5 or six seed. But quite frankly, they're just not as talented as the top teams in the East, and they don't have a deep bench to balance that talent out.

. ML do you realize how close the Wiz came to playing the Heat? And let me guess, you guys would have taken them, too, right.

C'mon. You guys would have been lucky to win a game vs the Heat. We played them competitively with an injured Jefferson, who didn't even play one game.

. ML do you realize how close the Wiz came to playing the Heat? And let me guess, you guys would have taken them, too, right.

First of all let's look at last year's season series between the Heat vs Wiz and Bobcats

Bobcats vs Heat

97-81 Heat

99-98 Heat

104-96 Heat

124-107 Heat

Wizards vs Heat

93-100 Heat

97-114 Wizards

90-99 Heat

93-114 Wizards

You say that we would have been lucky to beat the Heat in the playoffs, even though we beat the, twice* last year. (*Yeah Lebron and Bosh didn't play, but the fact is that we beat them.)

Meanwhile, I WILL NOT, let a Bobcats/Hornets fan tell me that my team would be lucky to beat the Heat, when they have lost TWENTY CONSECUTIVE!!! games against the Heat. 

Now don't get me wrong, it's not like the Wizards have fared much better, but in the last 20 games against each other, they won 6. They didn't lose 20 straight though. 

And yes, the Bobcats did beat the Wizards 3-1 last year. But I can dismiss that by saying that they lost 3-1 to the Bulls this year who we beat 6 times out of eight games last year. :D

So your eyes must ignore defense then, right?  Wall plays both ends, Irving doesn't.  You conveniently ignored that I noticed.

Kyrie shot 43.0% from the floor this past season, Wall shot 43.3% from the floor.  So where's this huge discrepancy?  They both put the ball in the hoop at about the same rate.  I didn't know Kyrie was Chris Mullin shooting, oh right, he's not.  Wall is also better at getting to the paint and running the fast break.

Passing, no contest, John Wall is a much better floor general and if that needs explanation, there's no point in continuing this. 

Here's a fun stat, this past season, NBA players shot 40% from 3-point range in the corners and on those 3's, 96% of them were assisted, the most of any shots anywhere on the court.

John Wall created 109 threes in the corner this past season, the most in the NBA.  Next closest...LeBron with 89 created.

So defense, passing, getting guys open shots, getting to the hoop, arguably the fastest player in the league...yeah, I'll take John Wall. 

• Like 3

ML, regular season records mean nothing. You guys would have won no more than a game vs the Heat (if that). I'm quite confident in that.

Btw, we only took 2 of 3 from the Wiz. :)

And yeah, the Heat probably would have won the series, but I don't think it would have been as easy as you think. And we won the first game vs Charlotte. Y'all won the last three.