Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

17 minutes ago, Destino said:

sending four at her because they knew she wanted to keep the streak going is hilarious. If I knew the WNBA was this petty I’d have been watching more games. 

she pretty cheaply extended it the other night trying to draw fouls in the final seconds when they were already up 7. So I’m fine with this. 

• Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

she pretty cheaply extended it the other night trying to draw fouls in the final seconds when they were already up 7. So I’m fine with this. 

People in denial about how bad her fg% is because they’re caught up in this CC vs Reese thing. Barely shooting 40% when the vast majority of your attempts are by the rim is dreadful. the rivalry is good for the sport though, so whatever keeps it going brings eyes to the WNBA.

She’s an excellent rebounder, there’s no denying that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Destino said:

People in denial about how bad her fg% is because they’re caught up in this CC vs Reese thing. Barely shooting 40% when the vast majority of your attempts are by the rim is dreadful. the rivalry is good for the sport though, so whatever keeps it going brings eyes to the WNBA.

She’s an excellent rebounder, there’s no denying that.

And people wonder why Mystics drafted Aaliyah Edwards instead.

Taking nothing away from Reese, but hee shooting was a problem in her scouting report and big reason she dropped to 7th in the draft.

On 7/12/2024 at 11:17 PM, ixcuincle said:

This has been my fear since the Wizards picked Sarr over him.  That this kid would be an atypical basketball savant like ****ing Steph Curry.  The analytics nerds loved this dude, and it reminded me of when they loved Luka before his draft.  Sometimes they are right and good at identifying special when the eye test fails.

The history of taking the big man over the ridiculously high skill and high BBIQ perimeter player early in the draft has been gruesome.  I like Sarr, and he is who I would have picked if they had asked me, but I'm already feeling dread about passing over Sheppard.  He looks like the best player in a murky class with very little star power.  The thing that stuns me is how is this mfer so good at blocking shots?  This isn't a one off, he is freakishly good at playing the ball on defense.

9 hours ago, Destino said:

sending four at her because they knew she wanted to keep the streak going is hilarious. If I knew the WNBA was this petty I’d have been watching more games. 

None of the headlines from this game were about the team that actually won or for that matter the result of the game. 

16 hours ago, Hersh said:

None of the headlines from this game were about the team that actually won or for that matter the result of the game. 

Chicago Sky have a losing record right now.

SmartSelect_20240714_181104_Google.jpg

6 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Please bring Fiba refereeing rules to the NBA

FIBA has long been called better than the NBA. Not sure why the NBA refuses to do the same thing, but I suspect it has something to do with nba stars not wanting it. Their numbers are better when they get away with bull**** foul hunting.

7 minutes ago, Destino said:

So team USA (women’s) lost to the all star team. That’s not a great look right before the Olympics. They fly out TONIGHT to start their Olympic journey. 

Were they legit going at each other or was it like a normal All Star game where the teams barely give effort?

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

Were they legit going at each other or was it like a normal All Star game where the teams barely give effort?

They were playing defense from the opening tip. Zero free baskets allowed from what I could see.  It was a much better all star game than the men give us, which is joke at half speed with a final score of 249-235

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Wikipedia says they lost the last one too. Not that worried now

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/WNBA_All-Star_Game

I’m not worried, our women are far ahead of the world.

but that’s going to be a grumpy flight. lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Destino said:

So team USA (women’s) lost to the all star team. That’s not a great look right before the Olympics. They fly out TONIGHT to start their Olympic journey. 

Speaking of Olympics. LeGOAT with a game winner in todays friendly. Which is ridiculous they needed a game winner 

All of those Sudan players earned themselves contracts today. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Speaking of Olympics. LeGOAT with a game winner in todays friendly. Which is ridiculous they needed a game winner 

All of those Sudan players earned themselves contracts today. 

I’m assuming team USA was in the club until late last night and played hungover. Thats the tightest friendly they’ve played, but not the only one that was close. Hopefully they’ll remember they’re the best when the games count.