Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Just now, Hersh said:

FTFY. 

To be honest, LeBron has that record also due to expanded playoffs compared to Kareem. 

It's a myth that doesn't matter concerning Jordan being forced to retire or suspended. 

He can't carry a team at LeBrons age and everyone saw it, including us Wizards fans.

Running up and down the floor is straight up wear and tear, I don't care what the playoff format is. 

Saying counting playoff minutes is the technically to him getting the record isn't an asterisk when it means he's in the playoffs all the time, that's even more damning considering Jordan was with the Wizards for two seasons and didn't make the playoffs once.

It's an unnecessary twister mat of excuses and technicalities that don't change the GOAT conversation by itself but folks still feel the need to make sure for some reason.

I don't get y'all sometimes...

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It's a myth that doesn't matter concerning Jordan being forced to retire or suspended. 

He can't carry a team at LeBrons age and everyone saw it, including us Wizards fans.

Running up and down the floor is straight up wear and tear, I don't care what the playoff format is. 

Saying counting playoff minutes is the technically to him getting the record isn't an asterisk when it means he's in the playoffs all the time, that's even more damning considering Jordan was with the Wizards for two seasons and didn't make the playoffs once.

It's an unnecessary twister mat of excuses and technicalities that don't change the GOAT conversation by itself but folks still feel the need to make sure for some reason.

I don't get y'all sometimes...

Take a joke about the suspension. 

Regarding minutes played, you said "Keep the conversation honest, please." If you really want an honest conversation, the fact that the NBA has expanded playoffs and changed the defensive rules matter a lot. The ability to enter the NBA from high school matters a lot. The way training and recovery has changed, matters a lot. It's not an honest conversation without acknowledging all of that.

What LeBron is doing is amazing. It's not comparable to other eras and vice versa because of the differences of those eras with today's NBA. 

11 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Take a joke about the suspension. 

Regarding minutes played, you said "Keep the conversation honest, please." If you really want an honest conversation, the fact that the NBA has expanded playoffs and changed the defensive rules matter a lot. The ability to enter the NBA from high school matters a lot. The way training and recovery has changed, matters a lot. It's not an honest conversation without acknowledging all of that.

What LeBron is doing is amazing. It's not comparable to other eras and vice versa because of the differences of those eras with today's NBA. 

Yawn...

If it was so easy everyone would be doing it...but, no, it not even close...

Someone posted a video the other day of LeBron playing against folks that are Head Coaches now and still can't beat him, he's overlapping modern eras now...

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Yawn...

If it was so easy everyone would be doing it...but, no, it not even close...

Someone posted a video the other day of LeBron playing against folks that are Head Coaches now and still can't beat him, he's overlapping modern eras now...

You can take a break from **** riding Lebron, it's okay. LeBron is not overlapping the 80s-90s eras of basketball. You ask for an honest conversation and can't even be honest about the differences. I already said what LeBron is doing is amazing. 

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

You can take a break from **** riding Lebron, it's okay. LeBron is not overlapping the 80s-90s eras of basketball. You ask for an honest conversation and can't even be honest about the differences. I already said what LeBron is doing is amazing. 

Saying it's not comparable to other eras is a red herring for negating how amazing you think it is.  LeBron dick riders don't call Jordan the GOAT, this is not a part of his game I believe that holes can be poked in like others, that's it.

Once upon a time, on black and white TV, it was nothing but white folks that looked like they worked at gas stations here in the suburbs compared to jus who showed up in the 60s, let alone today.

They all had to run up and down that court over and over as part of playing the game.  Having been asked to do that just in practice  for the limited time I played high school sports (I think one of the reasons why I stopped is because I was already smoking) I can't with a straight face keep looking for astericks to give it.

Running up and down the court is running up and down the court, its hard AF and adds up in any era, imo.

• Like 1

What I give Kareem over Lebron is modern traveling. I’m pretty sure it’s way easier to travel now than back then. 

However, Lebron does a lot more running than Kareem ever did due to the differences in position. The distance traveled on Lebron’s feet is probably way greater than any other player in history. 

it’s miraculous Lebron looks this phenomenal at his age. Like he about to be 39 and at times he looks more athletic than someone like Zion. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

What I give Kareem over Lebron is modern traveling. I’m pretty sure it’s way easier to travel now than back then. 

However, Lebron does a lot more running than Kareem ever did due to the differences in position. The distance traveled on Lebron’s feet is probably way greater than any other player in history. 

it’s miraculous Lebron looks this phenomenal at his age. Like he about to be 39 and at times he looks more athletic than someone like Zion. 

80% of NBA players look more athletic than Zion these days. (only half joking)

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/39093519/ja-morant-takes-stand-says-punched-teen-self-defense

Testifying for the first time in a lawsuit roughly one week before he is expected to return from a 25-game NBA suspension, Grizzlies guard Ja Morant took the stand Monday in Memphis and said he acted in self-defense when he punched a teenager at his home in July 2022.

Morant, testifying during the first day of an immunity hearing at Shelby County Circuit Court, said he "swung first" at Joshua Holloway, then 17, "to protect myself" during an altercation that led to Holloway filing a lawsuit in September 2022 that accused Morant of assault.

On 12/9/2023 at 11:11 PM, Chew said:

Bronnonites worldwide are about to cream their pants and pretend that this in-season tourny is the same as a ship. 

On the other hand, you knew as soon as Lebron got close to winning the IST, people would begin disrespecting it and saying it didn’t matter when everybody loved the idea at the start and thought the “NBA Cup” was a great thing

then if he lost, they’d clown him for choking 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Dude, when yall gonna cut your loses with this bamma?  He seems as opposite of the culture yall built out there as he's ever been and seemingly getting worse.

Never. They’ve decided to ride Dray Klay and Steph until the wheels fall off. 

Warriors have some obvious moves if they are ready to begin to move on. Wiggins has a very tradeable contract they should be looking to move this season. Thompson and Paul will be gone next season. They could create cap space and playing time for the next generation. They should've moved on from Draymond this off-season. Was the perfect opportunity. I don't feel sorry for that team at all. 

11 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

when everybody loved the idea at the start and thought the “NBA Cup” was a great thing

Nah. Thought it sounded lame as hell from the jump.

How they had to incentivize this league of overpaid pansies to actually want to compete at 100% intensity on a game to game basis?  It's an awful look at where the league is right now. I think DeAngleo Russell said something like "$500 K could pay for my next 10 vacations". This might be the hardest era of players to root for, ever.

Won't surprise me to see Team USA get smacked in the olympics again next year.

6 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Nah. Thought it sounded lame as hell from the jump.

The tourney was awesome. Teams will eventually prepare around it and it will get even better. They’ll be accustomed to coming out of the gates at full tilt p, lull in the middle of the season around the all star, then revamp for the playoff push. This season teams seemed caught between hitting the gas and slowly letting their out of shape stars play their way into game shape. 

I like that this tourney will put a major emphasis on off season fitness. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Wheels are off Klay.
Draymond is still a productive player for the warriors but his behavior is getting worse. 

That's likely the big problem. Dray contributeds a lot to the Dubs but then does the dumbest stuff like last night. 

As for Klay, I think Kerr is finally seeing the light on him. But it's really probably up to Steph if they move on from Klay.

As for tradeable assets, Kuminga and CP3 would likely gather a lot of interest but they'd be nuts to move Kuminga. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

Draymond is so full of ****.  I mean, he didn't punch that guy like a boxer would, but he swung his arm around, not caring if he connected or not.  IIRC, Draymond has used the "not intentional" card before for...oh, I dunno a bunch of **** like this.  Like when he kicked Steven Adams in the dick.  https://www.espn.com/nba/playoffs/2016/story/_/id/15681825/2016-nba-playoffs-draymond-green-reitirates-groin-kick-steven-adams-not-intentional

Time for the triple single to go.  The dynasty is over, it's done.  Too bad, cause Steph appears to be producing at a good clip.

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

That's likely the big problem. Dray contributeds a lot to the Dubs but then does the dumbest stuff like last night. 

As for Klay, I think Kerr is finally seeing the light on him. But it's really probably up to Steph if they move on from Klay.

As for tradeable assets, Kuminga and CP3 would likely gather a lot of interest but they'd be nuts to move Kuminga. 

Theres no time to retool. If Steph wants another chip he needs to head out.

45 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I don’t think CP3 gets us anything either. Rather have CP3 than Poole but not many teams are going to want CP3. 

To be competitive, need Kuminga to become an all star at the least. Warriors are 11th in the western conference.