Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

how are they still having this discussion with Zion. It’s been years and he doesn’t sprint up and down the floor at all. 400 year old a Lebron is hitting back cuts on these fools all night at full tilt and their young wildly overpaid star won’t run.

They need yo keep this stuff out of the media, wait for him to get hot for a month, and then trade him while his stock is up. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Chew said:

Bronnonites worldwide are about to cream their pants and pretend that this in-season tourny is the same as a ship. 

You mad? 

meanwhile Jokic out here shooting 30% from the field two games in a row 

13 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Lakers had a relatively easy road to win this. NBA would’ve been better served having a round of 16. OKC-Golden State was a great game last night. Far better than any of these bracket games. 

They went undefeated in this tourney. 

what else they could they do? Indy beat 76ers, Celtics, and Bucks for this tourney. 

the fact the lakers just whipped them makes it very impressive. Playoff Lebron is a ram and if AD plays like that, watch out. 

57 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

You mad? 

meanwhile Jokic out here shooting 30% from the field two games in a row 

They went undefeated in this tourney. 

what else they could they do? Indy beat 76ers, Celtics, and Bucks for this tourney. 

the fact the lakers just whipped them makes it very impressive. Playoff Lebron is a ram and if AD plays like that, watch out. 

I'm not faulting the Lakers. They can only beat who is in front of them. I'd be surprised if AD stays healthy enough for a playoff run beyond last season but if he's healthy, they are as good as anyone. 

How many in-season tournament MVPs does Jordan have?  LeGOAT!!

Lebron is doing something at his age that no one else has done.  Jordan played at 40 (had seasons off) but couldn't carry the Wizards to the playoffs.  Kobe also pushed his body... but it broke down.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

How many in-season tournament MVPs does Jordan have?  LeGOAT!!

Lebron is doing something at his age that no one else has done.  Jordan played at 40 (had seasons off) but couldn't carry the Wizards to the playoffs.  Kobe also pushed his body... but it broke down.  

agreed. What Lebron is doing at 39 would have been thought impossible ten years ago. Not just playing, but legitimately being the best player on a contender at his age is incredible. Brady is the only comparison and by the end of his career you couldn’t sneeze on a QB without drawing a flag. Lebron is out there scoring on and guarding players while being old enough to have fathered them. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

LeBron gobbling up HGH and state of the art “nutrition” in 2023 does not make him the player Jordan was.  Those are heights he never reached.

Steroids weren’t invented in the 2000s. 

9 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Untitled.jpg.8546233bc7bef605b77901e3c17d20e1.jpg

image.png.d5eb3e195588171665d5982136be5fe6.png

Ix I already said it’s over for this year. Don’t rub it in. 

What LeBron is doing is awesome but trying to compare longevity to Jordan isn't apples to apples. The common fouls on Jordan back in the day are flagrant fouls now and there was substantially more defensive contact permitted in the 80s and 90s. It's definitely favorable to LeBron being able to play at a high level for this long as far as wear and tear on the body. Plus, we all know training and recovery will continue to improve over time, as well as facilities which helps as well. 

No reason to compare the two. They are both the best players of their generations and it's not close. 

Also, I gotta point out that Kareem was pretty damn good at age 39.

Edited by Hersh

31 minutes ago, Hersh said:

What LeBron is doing is awesome but trying to compare longevity to Jordan isn't apples to apples. The common fouls on Jordan back in the day are flagrant fouls now and there was substantially more defensive contact permitted in the 80s and 90s. It's definitely favorable to LeBron being able to play at a high level for this long as far as wear and tear on the body. Plus, we all know training and recovery will continue to improve over time, as well as facilities which helps as well. 

No reason to compare the two. They are both the best players of their generations and it's not close. 

Also, I gotta point out that Kareem was pretty damn good at age 39.

Add in load management.

• Like 1

Timeout...

Now while I am still in Team Jordan on the GOAT convo, I'm shocked to hear stuff like load management thrown out there when MJ RETIRED twice and LeBron holds the all-time minutes record.

Keep the conversation honest, please...

Edited by Renegade7

19 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Timeout...

Now while I am still in Team Jordan on the GOAT convo, I'm shocked to hear stuff like load management thrown out there when MJ RETIRED twice once and was secretly suspended for gambling  for a year and a half and LeBron holds the all-time minutes record.

Keep the conversation honest, please...

FTFY. 

To be honest, LeBron has that record already due to expanded playoffs compared to Kareem. But you make a fair point in comparison to Jordan about load management. 

Edited by Hersh