Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

6 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

True dat. His baseline jumper was celestial.

Curry gonna try and break his own ankles before the inevitable showdown. He doesn't want any part if what's coming, and rightfully so.

Probably having nightmares as we speak (Harden viciously crossing him over, and instead of a basketball, its a grotesque, cackling chimera head)

Edited by Mr. Sinister

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Curry gonna try and break his own ankles before the inevitable showdown. He doesn't want any part if what's coming, and rightfully so.

Probably having nightmares as we speak (Harden viciously crossing him over, and instead of a basketball, its a grotesque, cackling chimera head)

2019 Under Armour Curry 6.

ty5922.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Destino said:

Harden is the MVP and it isn't close.  The Rockets have answered pace and space by putting together the best over dribbling back court in the NBA.  It's worked ONLY because Harden is an unstoppable isolation player.  

FTFY

• Like 1

I like how LeBron is subtly trying to whine his way to yet another MVP with his little info drops like the 7 pound weight gain, etc. If he was smart, he'd let it be known that he is above mere mortals and their cute little MVP races (which he is, and it's what I would do if I were him).

But nah, he's on some ain't too proud to beg nonsense. Damn millenials. :mellow:

Edited by Mr. Sinister

11 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Not one of my better predictions. With Embiid, that's a good team. I thought we were entering  a stretch where he missed 30 games with some vague injury that is never fully explained.

I still feel like Philly is going to either win 65 games in the next three years or lose 65. I don't think I've ever seen so much talent with such glaring, terrifying weaknesses.

It always goes back to OKC, doesn't it? That team had three players who were all Sherman tanks and whose weaknesses were all of the "That guy is so good that it's probably difficult psychologically for him to pass the ball."

Philly's are:

"His feet could collapse into sand."

"He's never learned how to shoot a basketball"

"Maybe he's actually left-handed but doesn't know it."

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Not one of my better predictions. With Embiid, that's a good team. I thought we were entering  a stretch where he missed 30 games with some vague injury that is never fully explained.

I still feel like Philly is going to either win 65 games in the next three years or lose 65. I don't think I've ever seen so much talent with such glaring, terrifying weaknesses.

It always goes back to OKC, doesn't it? That team had three players who were all Sherman tanks and whose weaknesses were all of the "That guy is so good that it's probably difficult psychologically for him to pass the ball."

Philly's are:

I think they need a perimeter scorer.

Embiid is too scary.

If Simmons doesnt get a jumper or Fultz cant get off the ground, then they are a 50 win team because of Embiid but nothing more.

Saying all of that, I think this Philly team is food for everyone in the East this postseason because of Simmons.

OKC really reminds me so much of the Magic. I think where their paths diverge, is that Penny got hurt in the wrong era of sports medicine (though even today, he still probably wouldn't have returned to that level of athleticism).

It just boggles the mind, how a team that would go on to produce 2 of the top 5 players in the game, 3 of the top 10, and also an All Defensive, elite shotblocker, could fall apart so fast. The mid 90's Bullets also intrigue me, albeit to a far lesser extent (wasn't that the team with a young Ben Wallace, Rasheed, Webber/Howard, Murray and Cheney? Wtf)

I also think how all three situations directly affected my team. No way we would have become what we are, of not for Shaw leaving, Penny's leg, Sam Presti/OKC ownership, and whatever the hell happened with y'all.

Probably wouldn't have beaten OKC in '13. Definitely not the next year. There would be no GS as we know them. They seriously could have dominantly won 3 straight titles. 

Probably could've altered Jordan's amount of hardware, too.

57 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

The mid 90's Bullets also intrigue me, albeit to a far lesser extent (wasn't that the team with a young Ben Wallace, Rasheed, Webber/Howard, Murray and Cheney? Wtf)

Howard, Webber, and Rahseed were on at the same time in 94-95 season.

Two years later, Howard, Webber, and Ben were on the same team.

OKC's issue was they chose Perkins and Ibaka over Harden, and that was only because Clay Bennett is a cheap SOB who stole that team from Seattle.

I really cannot wait until they fall into purgatory. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

The problem was coaching, or organization if you prefer.  They had all the talent in the world and no system that let that talent thrive as well as it should have.  OKC basically never did what Golden State did when they moved on from Mark Jackson to Steve Kerr.  OKC still hasn't figured how to get stars to coexist very well. 

What a waste.  Three MVP caliber players and zero titles.  

Philly's are:

I'm with you on this.  They have concerns that are not normal.  I enjoy watching Embiid, but late in games I swear his legs start to wobble.  Freaks me out.