Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Sorry, Sticks. Jordan aint doing that. It took basketball wizardry and unbelievable basketball iq from the most physically gifted player the NBA has ever seen, to beat them by a handful of points.

Things I saw that son of a **** do.... It did not exist in Jordans DNA.

Only he could destroy the Ring.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Sorry, Sticks. Jordan aint doing that. It took basketball wizardry and unbelievable basketball iq from the most physically gifted player the NBA has ever seen, to beat them by a handful of points.

Things I saw that son of a **** do.... It did not exist in Jordans DNA.

Only he could destroy the Ring.

There was that time when Pippen went down in 88-89 when Jordan put up 10 triple doubles in 11 games averaging 34, 11 and 11 a night. Now, none of those teams were the Warriors of course, but I'm just saying as far as skill set goes, I think Jordan had the tools to win this series as well. 

I think the bigger question here is how long will Curry get a pass for underperforming on the biggest stage. Because if that's LeBron on the other end he would've been CRUCIFIED for his performance.

• Like 1

and a better and tougher competitor.

This is an idea that I used to buy, but I'm not so sure any more, and I wonder how much the appearant difference was due to their ages entering the league and their emotional and mental maturity.

Jordan in year 6 of his NBA career was a better competitor than Lebron in year 6 of his NBA career, but he was also older.

But we're now talking about a guy that blocked a dead ball shot.  How much more of a competitor can you get than that?

If Jordan ever did anything comparable, I don't remember it.

(For what it is worth, I'll point out that rules when Jordan played, I think ideally suited his skill set.  He was a phenomenal stop and shoot shooter in an era that emphasized that skill.  I'm not sure if Jordan played today, he'd be as good of a player as compared to other players as he was in his era.)

If that is the case...Why are teams like the Spurs so successful ? Golden State ? Many of those same players from back then and coaches...are coaching these players. 

No reason to answer. They are being taught the fundamentals. 

LeBron has no peer, no challenger. I enjoy watching Curry and others dominate at times. Realistically, they can not do what LeBron does, nor could Jordan. The only players that come close are Magic and Oscar. Let's face it LeBron is a better scorer than both of those players also. 

I never saw Oscar play, but I think the bigger difference between Magic and Lebron is on the defensive side of the ball.

I think Magic could have scored a lot  more (at least in that era).

I never saw Oscar play.

• Like 1

But we're now talking about a guy that blocked a dead ball shot.  How much more of a competitor can you get than that?

Seems kind of superficial. LeBron is one of the better competitors of his era, but he also has a history of shutting it down on his teammates in playoff series when things start going badly. He has no one to blame but himself for that. Yes, that was probably due to immaturity. But that's not an argument for his competitiveness.

And LeBron also jumped off a sinking ship to head for greener pastures twice in his career. That's a stain against his record when it comes to competitiveness no matter how you slice it.

(For what it is worth, I'll point out that rules when Jordan played, I think ideally suited his skill set.  He was a phenomenal stop and shoot shooter in an era that emphasized that skill.  I'm not sure if Jordan played today, he'd be as good of a player as compared to other players as he was in his era.)

You don't think a Warren Buffet's version of Russell Westbrook would totally dominate today's NBA? I think Jordan would have an easier time playing in today's league, which heavily favors perimeter players. He'd get easier lanes to the rim, get hard fouled far less, and have a post and mid range game that no team could defend. Mid range is the most open part of the floor now. There are no more mid range scorers even close to as good as Jordan was from here. Durant, Melo, Pierce, and Kobe were the only ones you can name as comparison with a straight face, and it's a pretty big gulf between them and Jordan. He was the greatest off the dribble shooter in NBA history by far. He would have a field day getting constant open mid range looks. And no guards or wings know how to defend post ups any more.

Plus Jordan could much more readily hide lousy effort on defense amidst his team defense and save all of his effort for offense like all of the best offensive players do now.

Jordan was not physically even capable of that block. Neither the chasedown nor the height to reject it.

That's nonsense and you know it, dude literally hit his head on the rim from jumping so high. Also, I can't wait for LKB to come in on his high horse and tell us we're not allowed to have conversations that are fun to us.

• Like 2

I know this about Bron. He must have a powerfully strong scrotum, cause Mr. S has been having a dance party on it for about 3 weeks.

Ya gotta respect that.

Well at least I jumped on it

I think Jordans scrotum just warps the fabric of reality and consumes people like dark matter.

But im stronger than all of you, and can resist his powers. Gotta step your game up.

• Like 4

Jordan was not physically even capable of that block. Neither the chasedown nor the height to reject it.

So the guy who had almost the same standing reach and wingspan as LeBron, bigger hands than Shaq, and a 48 inch vertical wasn't capable of making a play I've seen far lesser athletes like Wall and Beal make in fairly routine fashion?

That's nonsense and you know it, dude literally hit his head on the rim from jumping so high.

Sticks...

He hit his head on the side of the backboard son...

As a spry young man, against college gumps

https://www.google.com/search?q=lebron+chasedown+block+nba+finals+2016&client=ms-android-sprint-us&prmd=vin&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiW8NTJq_3NAhXHHT4KHZTECvYQ_AUICCgC&biw=640&bih=279&dpr=1.5#imgrc=2tzvsnuLVLQbUM%3A

Lebron closed ground like Usain Bolt, and leapt at a ridiculous height, to reject a layup by a pretty good NBA calibre athlete in Iggy...

In his 30s...

Yield

So the guy who had almost the same standing reach and wingspan as LeBron, bigger hands than Shaq, and a 48 inch vertical wasn't capable of making a play I've seen far lesser athletes like Wall and Beal make in fairly routine fashion?

No. None of them are.

And do you believe LeBron get to all these Finals if he were in the Western Conference?

This is a legit question.

Also, there was no greater winner than Jordan.  He might not have the same skill set as someone who is as freakishly athletic as Lebron, but that dude could will his team to win no matter the circumstances.  If there's a game that is a must win and I could choose anybody to lead that team, it's Jordan, hands down.  That's no slight to anybody else because let's face it, we're talking about the best of the best here.  Jordan > Lebron 

Yeah back of the backboard. Did you even watch the video you posted?

I mean I didn't need video to strengthen my resolve, but there you have it. ldentical plays, and they are probably more than a decade apart in age in both instances.

Yield.... All of you

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Sticks...

He hit his head on the side of the backboard son...

Andre Iguodala is far past his athletic prime and his shot was altered by JR Smith if we want to start adding in qualifiers. You're grasping at straws with that one guy. I know it gets annoying to hear that MJ was a god when he was just a human being (and he was just that), but you're going just as far in the other direction to make a point.

If he could do this at age 38, I'm fairly certain at age 31 he could have made that block.

• Like 1

Seems kind of superficial. LeBron is one of the better competitors of his era, but he also has a history of shutting it down on his teammates in playoff series when things start going badly. He has no one to blame but himself for that. Yes, that was probably due to immaturity. But that's not an argument for his competitiveness.

And LeBron also jumped off a sinking ship to head for greener pastures twice in his career. That's a stain against his record when it comes to competitiveness no matter how you slice it.

You don't think a Warren Buffet's version of Russell Westbrook would totally dominate today's NBA? I think Jordan would have an easier time playing in today's league, which heavily favors perimeter players. He'd get easier lanes to the rim, get hard fouled far less, and have a post and mid range game that no team could defend. Mid range is the most open part of the floor now. There are no more mid range scorers even close to as good as Jordan was from here. Durant, Melo, Pierce, and Kobe were the only ones you can name as comparison with a straight face, and it's a pretty big gulf between them and Jordan. He was the greatest off the dribble shooter in NBA history by far. He would have a field day getting constant open mid range looks. And no guards or wings know how to defend post ups any more.

Plus Jordan could much more readily hide lousy effort on defense amidst his team defense and save all of his effort for offense like all of the best offensive players do now.

How you are measuring competitiveness?

Isn't going to a team where you have a better chance of winning a title an indication of competitiveness?

(And I don't see how you can even say he left for greener pastures when he jumped to Cleveland.  They were an awful team before he went there.)

Mid-range is the most open area of the floor because it is the worse are of the court for people to shoot from.  It tends to be a hard shot, that can be contested, and even doubled, that is only worth 2 points.

The mid-range game is dying because it doesn't make much sense to take them.

The best perimeter players of the day are all elite 3 point shooters, which was one of the weaker points of Jordan's game.

I'm not sure that Jordan in this era would win the scoring crown over somebody like Curry.

Edited by PeterMP

Andre Iguodala is far past his athletic prime and his shot was altered by JR Smith if we want to start adding in qualifiers. You're grasping at straws with that one guy. I know it gets annoying to hear that MJ was a god when he was just a human being (and he was just that), but you're going just as far in the other direction to make a point.

If he could do at age 38, I'm fairly certain at age 31 he could have made that block.

No, sticks....

There's something that your dad can't do.

And it's okay. Trust me, it'll be alright. The world isn't ending. We're all still here.

You're arguing a college player vs an NBA player. Doesn't matter how old they are.

Ron Mercer barely even got off the ground.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

No, sticks....

There's something that your dad can't do.

And it's okay. Trust me, it'll be alright. The world isn't ending. We're all still here.

Actually the correct answer here is we'll never know. And Larry Bird is my favorite player whose prime I missed so try to keep up.