Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

He swiped at LeBron's balls. LeBron wasn't trying to teabag him. He was stepping over him. It's a sign of disrespect but it's not that uncommon. Green got suspended because of his extensive history of nutshots--in this postseason alone--left him without any rope left.

There were three incidents and two were nothing.

1- clash at the rim on a shot attempt resulted in a made basket and Adams catching a knee to the groin. Knee wasn't even raised very high and nothing about it looked intentional.

2- The kick. Lots of evidence showing he raises his leg without intent, but it's an unecessary motion and impossible to ignore.

3- Lebron swept him to the ground then strode over him. This is important, he wasn't celebrating a made basket or anything good... he was taunting after throwing him to the ground and not getting whistled. Draymond "took a swipe" and that's all you can say without mind reading. He hit his leg, which makes sense being that he was between them and under Lebron when he swiped at him. Didn't hit Lebron in the junk. You can only assume intent. If that had been anyone but king sensitive, Green plays in game 5.

The team with the biggest complaint here should be the Thunder. LeBron benefitted from a foul committed against them that could have seen them in the finals. He also benefitted from a dirty situation that was entirely his own doing.

• Like 1

The most iconic step over in NBA history was when Pippen yammed on Ewing, stepped over him, and then went and told Spike Lee to sit the **** down.

Arguably the nastiest dunk of all-time.  What Scottie did to my boy Ewing was criminal.

• Like 1

To the Cavs credit they have challenged the Warriors physically and punked them several times.  James Jones cheap shotted Steph Curry in game 2 when he sent him crashing down with an intentional shoulder check when the game was out of reach.  Lebron took his shot at Green and got him suspended.  Kyrie wiped out Klay Thompson and brought both arms down on his head. 

If the Warriors had done any of those things to the Cavs, the goons would have been in to hit someone.  Anyone remember what how they treated Jae Crowder after Love was injured last season against Boston?  Olynyk was the guilty party but he was out so they went after someone else.  Lebrons teams have been like this since Miami. 

They are more than happy to try to intimidate opponents. 

I just wish the NBA realized that LeBaldSpot isn't the good guy all the time too.

The NBA is ruthlessly hierarchical and competitive. You can't be a ****, and LeBron is not a ****. You have to enjoy embarrassing your competition and the personal nature of these battles. LeBron has done stuff like that to assert himself his whole career. He is not a clean player. Not a total dirtball like Draymond, but certainly not clean. And certainly not above engaging in the WWE-like antics that are expected from the best players in the league.

Hell I'm pretty sure I remember seeing even Dirk talk **** and flex on guys after he embarrassed them.

Shaq had to register as a sex offender after that play...

LMAO.  After Dudley threw the ball, Grandmama's face was like "damn dawg, you're making it worse"  LOL

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1

Only in the NBA can you attempt to teabag someone and the person who is the attempted recipient gets suspended for the next game. I'm still not sure what Green did to actually get upgraded to a flagrant 1 on that play in game 4. What was the actual justification from the NBA?

Meh.  I'm a Warriors fan, but the fact is that Draymond has been playing with fire this year.   We knew this was coming.  He's not going to get the benefit of the doubt when he swats at someone.  

I just look at Dray's suspension as giving the Cavs and their fans some hope...

I'm actually happy it'll end in Cleveland tomorrow night, so we can meme the balls out of all the sadface fans.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2639749-andrew-bogut-injury-updates-on-warriors-centers-knee-and-return

so it looks like Bogut is out if that ends up having merit... probably not a large difference but wonder by better GS experts here what it would change 

It's a very big deal.   People seem to have no idea why Bogut is so valuable to the Warriors.

It's a very big deal.   People seem to have no idea why Bogut is so valuable to the Warriors.

Well in my case of saying it's not a large difference it's more about the change in the series outcome not being a large percentage difference, but I can see why people would think that he's not a big loss just as an asset on the court as well, myself included to a certain extent of course (mistakenly).  Obviously the defense is much worse overall and gives the Cavs more free reign for one of their major strengths of applying pressure down low with Lebron, TT, and Kyrie all attacking.   But I'm sure Draymond will do his best to pick up the slack 

I just love this dunk for the pure disrespect...

Also, and I'm not sure if I'm wording this correctly, but I still think Lebron is the best player in the world.  He can take over a game in an instant.  No disrespect to Steph, but he needs A LOT to go right within the flow of the offense to go off.  Cuts/screens/angles/p n' r/etc. 

This opinion is obviously not backed up by anything other than the eyeball test LOL. 

Edited by RonArtest15
  • Like 1

Also, and I'm not sure if I'm wording this correctly, but I still think Lebron is the best player in the world.  He can take over a game in an instant.  No disrespect to Steph, but he needs A LOT to go right within the flow of the offense to go off.  Cuts/screens/angles/p n' r/etc. 

This opinion is obviously not backed up by anything other than the eyeball test LOL. 

Lebron's been the best player in the world since his second year in the NBA.   He's the second best player ever to play in the NBA.   I don't like him but I have to respect his game.   

• Like 3

Lebron didn't become the best player in the NBA until around 09 for me.

Lebron was always, always better than Kobe,

Shaq was on the downhill side of his career by 2005, which was Lebron's second season.  Lebron put up 27, 7 and 7 and was first team all NBA.   Who else can even compare at that point?  Tim Duncan was steady excellence, but not supreme.  Dirk was extremely good, but not Lebron good.  Steve Nash?  LOL.

Edited by Predicto

Lebron was always, always better than Kobe,

Shaq was on the downhill side of his career by 2005, which was Lebron's second season.  Lebron put up 27, 7 and 7 and was first team all NBA.   Who else can even compare at that point?  Tim Duncan was steady excellence, but not supreme.  Dirk was extremely good, but not Lebron good.  Steve Nash?  LOL.

Yoda voice: Always ? Hater coming out from you. That is clear. 

Come with the numbers, which of those players besides Rodman (who is one of the best)...ever won without Kobe...Shaq won one ? Then looked like a scrub. 

It's like the Pippen thing...Pip won 6 rings too...How many did Jordan win without Pip ? 

Yeah I wasnt going to get into a Kobe/Lebron debate because this board hates Kobe.

But saying that 03-07 first few years in league Lebron was better than peak Kobe is just not accurate.

I'm sure the Jon Hollingers will tell all about win shares and usage and other complex numbers that show Kobe was bottom tier in the league at everything, just an Eddie George with attitude, hugely overrated etc.

That's fine. My eyes know what they saw.