Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I'm the opposite not only do I want conferences to matter, I want divisions to matter more. We need more rivalries and more "big" regular season games. A smaller number of teams for GMs to aim to beat as opposed to making everything about catching Golden State, which deflates the rest of the league.

The best teams will mak it to the finals, the rest of the NBA season should make the game more interesting for fans. Not the filthy casual fans that like the NBA "in general" (meaning they rarely watch) but fans of individual teams. Give them something to shoot for other than a title that's worth having. That's the magic of better tournaments, allowing for achievements that fans care about that exist below winning a title.

Also reduce the number of games and eliminate back to backs entirely.

I'd love it if they did this and they could do it while still playing every team in the league at least once.  Just do rotations vs. conferences (for the opposing conferences).  Something like this:

There are 5 teams in each division, three divisions in each conference.  So, you play the following schedule:

8 games vs each divisional opponent (8 x 4 =32 games)

3 games vs each of the remaining conference teams (3 x 10 = 30 games)

2 games vs one division of opposing conference ( 2 x 5 = 10 games)

1 game vs remaining teams from other two divisions in opposing conference (1 x 10 = 10 games)

Total = 82 games 

You just rotate the opposing conference each year like they do in the NFL.  Then we have only 20 games for opposing conferences and a total of 62 conference games with 32 being divisional.  For the playoffs, top two teams in the division get a playoff spot (6 spots) remaining two spots are wildcard that span across the conference.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 2

Can't go less than 82 games. It would **** up all of the records and comparisons to past players. Being able to do this is essential for the NBA. Nobody celebrates its past greats more than they do.

I think Kristaps has to be the Shawn Bradley of Space Jam 2. If not, maybe Birdman if he's still going. Harden and Dwight would probably be in it too. It's not much of a leap from them to cartoon characters. Then let's see, Nick Young for spot #4. And I agree with Blake Griffin for #5. The Charles Barkley of the film.

Durant wouldn't do it. He is far too cool. Ditto for Curry I think.

I would definitely pay money to see Nick Young in a Disney movie.

No lie, I did think of Porzingis as a potential Monstar, but if it were to happen right now, I wouldn't like the idea of a rook in a movie like that. Only established stars.

Harden would be funny as a Monstar. I bet they'd make his beard even more ridiculous and have him pulling hammers and **** out of it to knock people out when they tried to shoot, as a substitute for his horrible defense.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

All these goddamn He Got Game shots. Night after night. Have these dudes somehow harnessed dark energy?

I say to this day that the best consistent shooting performance put on by one team throughout the playoffs was the 2009 Magic, where they just shot the lights out.

GS is going to obliterate that

Edited by Mr. Sinister

That off balance three Draymond Green hit was a fun to watch. They aren't the same team without Curry though and it's not just the shooting that was missing.

I don't expect Klay to go 8 for 27 most nights.  He had a lot of good looks that just didn't go down.   

But it certainly is true that Curry opens things up for everyone.  

Wizards do this every year. Suck ass the first half of the season, get their heads on straight, play impressive down the stretch, beat up on a team just happy to be there in the first round, getting waxed in the second round, then spending the entire offseason talking ECF, only to replay the same movie over and over again.

I look forward to the Trilogy :)

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 2

Looks like its down to San Antonio, since OKC is crumbling. Ugh. Am I really going to have to root for those sons of ****es?

Id love to go LAC with Blake, but im just not sure. SA has the bench. They dont

Oh for god's sake.  I can understand disliking the Warriors, I can understand rooting for the the Spurs...

but the Clippers?  That's like rooting for the Cowboys.

That's like rooting for smallpox.

It's like rooting for Bob Seger.

Wizards do this every year. Suck ass the first half of the season, get their heads on straight, play impressive down the stretch, beat up on a team just happy to be there in the first round, getting waxed in the second round, then spending the entire offseason talking ECF, only to replay the same movie over and over again.

The wizards never play a team that's happy to be there as the Wizards are always the lower seeded team in the first round... as they will be again. 

Oh for god's sake.  I can understand disliking the Warriors, I can understand rooting for the the Spurs...

but the Clippers?  That's like rooting for the Cowboys.

Or the Rockets. 

• Like 1

If only our team was located by a beach...

Oh, and some good weather.

Oh for god's sake. I can understand disliking the Warriors, I can understand rooting for the the Spurs...

but the Clippers? That's like rooting for the Cowboys.

I don't necessarily dislike the Warriors as much as I dislike change. They are more than a team. They are an ideology. A revolution. They can't be allowed to succeed. I'm sorry.

And Im an Eastern Conference guy, so the hate for the Clippers isnt that strong, though I do enjoy Chris Paul's Little Man Syndrome. They're like the quirky wrestling heel you can't help but cheer for.

The Spurs on the other hand, I despise. I still have nightmares about Patty Mills and Tony Parker ****ting on Rio and Norris Cole and whipping the ball around, and everyone raining threes like meteors... And then I wake up in a cold sweat. Then you have Popovich who has the demeanor of a Siberian prison warden. **** them

But dammit if I have to root for those assholes, I will.

The wizards never play a team that's happy to be there as the Wizards are always the lower seeded team in the first round... as they will be again.

Hell, its the East. 4 out of the 8 are just happy to be there

If only our team was located by a beach...

Oh, and some good weather.

I know, I know.... then you might be able to get Durant :lol:

I don't necessarily dislike the Warriors as much as I dislike change. They are more than a team. They are an ideology. A revolution. They can't be allowed to succeed. I'm sorry.

And Im an Eastern Conference guy, so the hate for the Clippers isnt that strong, though I do enjoy Chris Paul's Little Man Syndrome. They're like the quirky wrestling heel you can't help but cheer for.

The Spurs on the other hand, I despise. I still have nightmares about Patty Mills and Tony Parker ****ting on Rio and Norris Cole and whipping the ball around, and everyone raining threes like meteors... And then I wake up in a cold sweat. Then you have Popovich who has the demeanor of a Siberian prison warden. **** them

But dammit if I have to root for those assholes, I will.

thought we were buds.