Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

The timetable for Durant's return is early in December. All told, he'll probably miss about 1/4 of the season. 20 games or so. It's about the same timeline for Westbrook.

So figure OKC is going to have a horrible record after the first 20 games, then figure it takes a little while in December to shake off the rust. Maybe .500 ball for a bit. Then they'll be back to winning 70% of their games by January most likely. So if they win 70% for 2/3rds of the season, that's like 39 wins. They should definitely make the playoffs if they can win 10 games before then. So about 9-18 or so keeps them in the hunt. It helps that they play so many sketchy EC teams early on.

All they need to do is make it in. They could certainly win it all as an 8 seed. They'd just get San Antonio or LAC earlier than otherwise.

Anyone else feel like LeBron has been acting really weird since the end of last season? First the abrupt departure from a Heat team still in the midst of championship contention. Then a pretty public falling out with Pat Riley, Wade, and Bosh, who everyone thought were his BFFs. And now some really bizarre talk about how he's beginning the third chapter of his career and the grandiose claim that Cleveland's home opener--a Thursday night NBA game in October--was one of the most important events ever.

It's like he's interpreting his life like it's a movie or something. I think he's in a weird place right now. He's too young to be reflecting over his career like this. He's supposed to play for like 10 more years and be a top player for most of that.

Feels like he's getting burned out. Jordan got burned out after his first Threepeat.

Curious to your opinion on this Predicto:

http://thedissnba.com/2013/04/08/monday-media-the-worst-broadcast-team-in-the-league/

Are they really that bad?

I probably have and just don't remember, but I can't recall ever watching a Warriors broadcast. I honestly believe we have the best broadcast team in Buck and Phil (particularly Buck) so I always take interest in what other organizations are riding with.

Bob Fitzgerald is terrible, but Jim Barnett is actually quite good, in an old school sort of way.  And Ric Buecher got fired last year, thank god.

So it is sort of true, but not as true as it was. 

The funny thing is, the radio guy for the Warriors, Tim Roye, is great.   I have no idea how Fitzgerald keeps his job on the TV side.

Westbrook and Durant ain't gonna miss that much time. Durant will be back by December and they'll be winning again soon after. They won't miss the playoffs.

There is a good chance that you will need 50 wins to sniff the playoffs in the West.  If OKC loses 10 or 15 early season games, they would have to play .800 ball for the rest of the season to get in.  

No one is playing .800 ball when they are playing the Spurs, Clips, Dubs, Grizz, Mavs, Blazers, Rockets, Suns on a nightly basis.   Missing the playoffs is a real danger, I think.   

What are the odds OKC panics and does something stupid? Like trades some dudes or fires Brooks or people in the FO?

Trade Ibaka to the Warriors, you need scoring you can have David Lee, kk thanks bye.  

• Like 1

Forgot about him getting his hairline fixed this offseason too. I mean his actions scream mid life crisis. Seems crazy to say about a 30 year old, but when you think about it, LeBron has essentially been a professional basketball player since his early teens and he's been the poster boy for the whole damn sport since he was 16 or 17.

This had to be one of the strangest calender years in NBA history. Donald Sterling finally getting ousted from the NBA after an absolutely crazy, dementia-fueled racist rant to a mistress. The utterly inexplicable collapse of an Indy powerhouse. Lance Stevenson putting his craziness out their in the open for everyone and then Michael Jordan immediately pouncing on him, "that's my guy!" Cleveland winning the lottery three ****ing times in four years and setting the table for a whirlwind super team construction that left Pat Riley ranting and raving to the media. The MVP breaking his foot and then his sidekick breaking his hand within the span of a few weeks. James Harden and Dwight Howard enthusiastically ascending to the role of the NBA's villains by publicly taking a dump on their teammates. Dion Waiters putting his crazy out there for us. Kobe and Dwight almost coming to blows in the first game and then Kobe ridiculing him through the media. So much has happened that the world didn't even really care about Carmelo's free agency and Phil Jackson showing up in New York. Moreover, we're headed for a second consecutive season and just the second season ever where the Knicks, Celtics, and Lakers will probably all suck.

We're getting a 30 for 30 style documentary about this season one day. Hell has broken loose. Mark my words people, you're about to see a Clippers vs Wizards Finals and a Clippers championship. For anyone who wondered what it would take to see a Clippers championship, the answer is this.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

I said a few months ago that the signs coming from Lebron and the Cavs are that his legs are starting to feel the mileage.  He lost a bunch of weight, his defense went from great to mediocre, the Cavs talked about resting him, and he has talked about his role as the old guy on Irvings team.  Certainly strange when you remember that Lebron is 29.  I don't know where he is at mentally but something certainly appears to have changed.  We'll forget all about this though if he leads Cleveland to the finals and is their best player.  

two of the best players in the league, both out is not a good thing

Especially when they have a coach whose offense is just get the ball to those two and let them score. OKC is in a lot of trouble

I agree, Scotty Brooks doesnt have much of an offensive system.Its basically like 3rd grade intramural ball, and the best player on the team is the coaches son.

"Give the ball to Kevin,Reggie"

hen a pretty public falling out with Pat Riley, Wade, and Bosh, who everyone thought were his BFFs.

he only fell out with Riley

I said a few months ago that the signs coming from Lebron and the Cavs are that his legs are starting to feel the mileage.  He lost a bunch of weight, his defense went from great to mediocre, the Cavs talked about resting him, and he has talked about his role as the old guy on Irvings team.  Certainly strange when you remember that Lebron is 29.  I don't know where he is at mentally but something certainly appears to have changed.  We'll forget all about this though if he leads Cleveland to the finals and is their best player.

I think he is declining athletically.

But dude is just tired. Thats what it comes across to me. He been a superstar celebrity since he was 16. He may mentally just be done.

He 29, but he has 12 years of being the man on those legs.

Saying that, NBA fans love an overreaction. Its just game 1 of 82.

That's like saying it's good to lose your left arm because now you get to see how strong your right arm can be.

its more like saying "its good to lose your left and right arms because you can see how strong your legs are"

I just don't think anyone fully grasped how grinding his four years in Miami were.

He played 87 playoff games and average over 40 minutes per game in them. He was basically Magic Johnson on offense, Scottie Pippen on defense, and Michael Jordan in terms of the attention he got. He also played in an Olympic in the middle of this.

I mean, isn't that basically 5 and a half or 6 NBA seasons compressed into 4?

That was awesome.   Did you read the comments? 

"and now the lineup for the visiting Oklahoma City Thunder:"

9xqxUFq.jpg

Those guys aren't speaking to each other any more. They can say they're still cool with each other publicly, but that doesn't sound like they are to me. That's what Pierce and Garnett did to Allen.

yea, but Pierce and (especially) Garnett are dicks.

Edited by Predicto

Those guys aren't speaking to each other any more. They can say they're still cool with each other publicly, but that doesn't sound like they are to me. That's what Pierce and Garnett did to Allen.

Bron was Wade's bball camp

they partied in Vegas after the announcement

Bron also attended Wade's wedding.

They arent talking because season has started but they are all still boys. Bosh was always on the outskirts, but they are still friends.

This is nothing like Pierce/Garnett to Ray Allen.

• Like 1

I thought it was Bosh that wasn't speaking to Lebron, Wade is apparently still friends with Lebron which isn't surprising.  Bosh was always the outsider of the three.