Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

25 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Giannis is so gone in two years.  Going over lux to keep both Brogdon and Middleton was the least they could do.

He's going to sign a supermax extension.  Giannis seems to like it there, and the grass isn't always greener on the other side.  Getting a first round pick back at the 11th hour for a sixth man type you didn't want to have to pay isn't terrible.

They've got a decision to make about George Hill.  Have to cut him before Tuesday or else his salary is fully guaranteed.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He's going to sign a supermax extension.  Giannis seems to like it there, and the grass isn't always greener on the other side.  Getting a first round pick back at the 11th hour for a sixth man type you didn't want to have to pay isn't terrible.

They've got a decision to make about George Hill.  Have to cut him before Tuesday or else his salary is fully guaranteed.

I thought I saw a report a couple days ago saying they're not planning to keep Hill.

Giannis does love Milwaukee because the city was so welcoming to him when he arrived.  Whether that sentiment remains when it comes time to make a decision, we'll see.  

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

When the Nets-Celtics trade went down, who would have thought the Nets would end the decade ahead of the Celtics? Danny Ainge lost.

Ainge is good at making trades but he's not a good drafter.  Tatum is a jewel, but he largely wasted the massive haul of picks and cap space he acquired during this rebuild.

Meanwhile Sean Marks is pretty good.  He fleeced Ernie Grunfeld in that dumbass Bojan Bogdanovich trade and then hit it out of the park with the pick he acquired from the deal.  And the year before he got Caris LeVert in after Ainge wasted his pick on Guerschon Yabusele.  Good drafting goes a long way.  But the Nets do feel a little combustible.  They've got four years to get things right, but the build could fall apart quickly if Durant doesn't come back strong and Kyrie quits on them too.  Also don't think the DeAndre Jordan acquisition makes a ton of sense since Jarrett Allen is already better than him, and his path to PT shouldn't be blocked.

20 minutes ago, Fight4RGIII said:

I can’t wrap my head around Tobias Harris being a 36mil/year player.  

This is a really bad contract and it's going to haunt them.  Philly killed themselves when they fired Hinkie.  Hinkie wasn't great, but he was better than his awful successors.  All of the moves they made after firing him have been shortsighted and wasteful.  Colangelo was almost unbelievably bad, and Brand is quickly looking like one of the worst currently employed GMs in the NBA.

This Philly team is going to end up being a failure when they could have been a homegrown super team.

It's a lesson that if you're going to commit to a multi-year tank to try and build something special, then you need to ride or die with the architect of the build.  But it's obviously extremely difficult for an ownership group to keep a GM around for five+ years of bottom barrel records even when he's utterly transparent about what he's doing.

8 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

seems redundant since they have Allen who does much of the same stuff and is alot cheaper.

but DeAndre is KD's boy 

I can't find how much he cost.  Any details on his contract yet?

The one thing I can think of is they want him as a stabilizing presence in the locker room.  He's a good dude and Kyrie and Durant are prickly and moody.  Someone is going to need to play peacemaker in that locker room.

5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The one thing I can think of is they want him as a stabilizing presence in the locker room.  He's a good dude and Kyrie and Durant are prickly and moody.  Someone is going to need to play peacemaker in that locker room.

they also picked up Temple, he's always been recognized as a great teammate

11 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Honestly, someone like Vince Carter would have been perfect in Brooklyn. 

I think this BK team will be in the 38-42 win range next year.  Kyrie is THAT toxic.  Dude is a fake-woke Marbury. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

If they keep Hill at 19 mil a year, the gm should be fired.

After giving Middleton the money, between him, Bledsoe, and Giannis, they have no more flexibility. Given that neither Bledsoe nor Middleton have played like a number 2 on a contender, they need another talent.  Losing Brogdon, a player who has shown tremendous promise and could be kept with the only cost being money and cap flexibility (which they already lack due to Middleton), is not the way to progress towards a championship.  By losing Brogdon, Bucks now have no real path towards a title till Bledsoe is off the books unless they hit a homerun in the draft, gets dollars back for dimes in a trade, or someone takes a leap forward.

Nets will be in the Finals in 2021. Or Durant will never fully recover and Irving will continue to be the...enigma that he is now and they'll completely collapse. But hey, at least there's hype in Brooklyn now.

LOL @ the Knicks now. When will Knick fans learn, nobody wants to play for a trash organization even if it is in the Big Apple.

Its annoying how everyone just treats us like some Wal Mart where teams can shop for players. What is Miami going to give us for Beal? We aren't just going to give him away and last I checked they don't really have anything we'd want. Beal is young and just hitting his prime, on a good contract, and has expressed zero desire to leave(hell he just won an award for his work in the community).