Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES: 2013 Redskins OTAs photos

themurf

8794826409_9d95f66570_c.jpg

Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III takes to the field and stretches during Washington's organized team activities as he continues his rehabilitation from knee surgery.

8794826417_8b772c34c8_c.jpg

Redskins safety Brandon Meriweather and cornerback Josh Wilson stretch off to the side as their teammates participate in Washington's organized team activities.

8805405908_799a97d97f_c.jpg

With Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III still recovering from offseason knee surgery, second-year quarterback Kirk Cousins took the bulk of the snaps during OTAs.

8794826273_3bfba97b3b_c.jpg

Redskins receiver Leonard Hankerson gets off the line of scrimmage and races downfield during passing drills.

8805652888_bb509d6e52_c.jpg

While Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III wasn't able to participate fully, he was able to do some running and passing drills during OTAs.

8805405680_18a835e185_c.jpg

Redskins running back Roy Helu Jr., who is still recovering from foot surgery in February, takes the handoff and turns upfield during OTAs.

8794826251_fbd13b4950_c.jpg

Redskins tight end Logan Paulsen looks in a catch on a pass from quarterback Kirk Cousins during organized team activities.

8794826079_fed15ededc_c.jpg

Redskins rookie tight end Jordan Reed, who is recovering from a knee bone bruise he suffered during the final game of his college career, catches a pass from Robert Griffin III.

8794826067_311d632731_c.jpg

Redskins tight end Fred Davis speaks with the local media as he walks off the field at the conclusion of practice.

8805405478_c07130b080_c.jpg

Pro Bowl left tackle Trent Williams answers questions from the media after the conclusion of practice.

Click here for the full set.

Apparently the new setup will only let me place 10 images in a post, which would be fine if there were only 10 images in this set. There are 12 though, so here are the final two shots from this morning:

8805405470_4f371ce323_c.jpg

Redskins second-year quarterback Kirk Cousins answers questions at the podium following practice.

8794825951_04e8ca1d7f_c.jpg

Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III jokes with members of the local and national media following the conclusion of Washington's organized team activities.

Griff in a helmet and participating as much as he did is absolutely amazing. I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Best move this franchise has made in a long time in pulling the trigger on the trade that resulted in drafting him.

I love how uninterested Grant Paulsen appears to be in what RGIII has to say in that last photo. "Screw the charismatic and entertaining franchise quarterback, I must win this round of Angry Birds."

For some reason I read that as "Logan Paulsen" and stared at that picture for an embarrassingly long amount of time before I figured out I'm an idiot.  :D

Great pics Murf, thanks so much for sharing.

Great pics, yes pic 2 is a pause moment without words hahaha, Robert in OTA's? didn't think I'd see it. I'm sure all is being handled well and he's being brought back at the right speed/time table. Normal gait, no pain, no tenderness/swelling, full range of motion. Keep at it Rob, I'm excited.  I almost want to repeat all in for week one, but I just want him on the right schedule and healthy for the long run.

We need Hank to show up and separate himself further....Roy had a nice spark in his rookie campaign, there is a fight behind Alfred Morris.  Jordan Reed passes the eye test, look out Fred Davis. I hope both are contributors along with Logan in the mix. Trent, pick up where you left off, unfortunate Pro Bowl incident but a well deserved spot, keep pushing big man! And Captain Kirk, just saw into Darkness tonight, loved it! lol Dude won't stay behind Robert for long but love having him for now. He'll Captain his own ship somewhere else eventually. Hail!

I love how uninterested Grant Paulsen appears to be in what RGIII has to say in that last photo. "Screw the charismatic and entertaining franchise quarterback, I must win this round of Angry Birds."

That photo perfectly captures what it's like to be at a press conference these days. Basically, 90 percent of the media members there are trying to get something on Twitter as quickly as possible, so it creates this odd visual where very few people are actually looking at the person answering the questions.

Great photos. I didn't know Hankerson was so tatted up.

Good to see Robert moving around (I hope the knee brace comes off for the first game, he didn't look nearly as mobile when he was wearing it for the last few games last year). Love to see Reed getting into a groove with Griffin so soon.

How well was he moving around murf?

Did you get any looks at our shiny new secondary?

Great photos. I didn't know Hankerson was so tatted up.

Good to see Robert moving around (I hope the knee brace comes off for the first game, he didn't look nearly as mobile when he was wearing it for the last few games last year). Love to see Reed getting into a groove with Griffin so soon.

How well was he moving around murf?

Did you get any looks at our shiny new secondary?

Griffin honestly surprised me with how much running around he did. When practice started, he did some stretching and then some light jogging and I thought that would be about it. But he did plenty of running around and didn't look uncomfortable dropping back to throw some passes to some of the other guys who weren't able to participate fully.

Considering the guy is four months removed from major knee surgery and is able to move around like that, I''m now convinced he's a cyborg.

As ever murf, wow. Great shots there, the team overall just seems to be more fit, is that an illusion? I know it's just OTAs but did anyone really jump out at you?

On one play, rookie cornerback David Amerson swooped in and picked off a pass from Rex Grossman in stride and returned it for a touchdown. Now, was that a result of a great read by Amerson or a terrible decision by Sexy Rexy? Who knows. But that was probably the best play of the session.

Was Robert's knee brace cinched up tight? I noticed late last season that he'd wear it, but it was not tight at all. I don't think they're designed to loosely hang off your knee...

Nice photos Murf. Thanks for sharing them! We'd love to see any others you've got. :)

Was Robert's knee brace cinched up tight? I noticed late last season that he'd wear it, but it was not tight at all. I don't think they're designed to loosely hang off your knee...

Nice photos Murf. Thanks for sharing them! We'd love to see any others you've got. :)

As someone who hasn't ever had to wear a knee brace or anything like that, I can't honestly say one way or the other if Griffin was wearing the brace too loose, too tight or whatever. He was moving around just fine in it though and was much more mobile than I would have expected him to do just four months after his surgery.

Archived