Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES: 2013 Redskins OTAs photos

themurf

As someone who hasn't ever had to wear a knee brace or anything like that, I can't honestly say one way or the other if Griffin was wearing the brace too loose, too tight or whatever. He was moving around just fine in it though and was much more mobile than I would have expected him to do just four months after his surgery.

Great photos as always. I did notice from the OTA videos that RG3, despite the brace, didn't look at all hobbled or gimpy when jogging like he did last year every time after the Ravens game.  

Was Robert's knee brace cinched up tight? I noticed late last season that he'd wear it, but it was not tight at all. I don't think they're designed to loosely hang off your knee...

Nice photos Murf. Thanks for sharing them! We'd love to see any others you've got. :)

I'm not an expert or anything, but I do know that some braces are designed to not be snug up against the knee. They still do the job just as well though.

As I said before, great pics Murf.  All of them are so good it's hard for me to pick a favorite. 

But pick I will.  The Jordon Reed photo is really excellent.  There is a lot of motion in that photo.  His arms and hands are moving.  The ball is travelling fast.  His eyes are fixed on the ball.  Everything that matters in that shot is captured; everything that doesn't matter is a blur.  It's just Jordan Reed, his eyes, and the ball. 

To me, it's a perfect pic.

Griff in a helmet and participating as much as he did is absolutely amazing. I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Best move this franchise has made in a long time in pulling the trigger on the trade that resulted in drafting him.

Saw the clips on ESPN this week of him going through some of the drills and throwing passes. Kind of got my heart pumping a little faster. Good to see.

Reporters with thier heads down-not listening but tweeting!  That's where sports journalism has arrived.  Short quotes placed in no context. No eye contact-no listening -just a quick tweet.  And some wonder why Shanny is bristly with the press.  These are children-who know nothing of the legacy's of pro like Cosell and Schapp.  It's all TMZ tattle tale crap!

As I said before, great pics Murf.  All of them are so good it's hard for me to pick a favorite. 

But pick I will.  The Jordon Reed photo is really excellent.  There is a lot of motion in that photo.  His arms and hands are moving.  The ball is travelling fast.  His eyes are fixed on the ball.  Everything that matters in that shot is captured; everything that doesn't matter is a blur.  It's just Jordan Reed, his eyes, and the ball. 

To me, it's a perfect pic.

You're incredibly kind. Thanks for checking out the photos and for the very kind words. It's much appreciated.

Few things get me more lathered up than Murf posting his OTA photos... great job again and thank you very much for the effort.  Hopefully you'll let me buy you a drink at TC this year.

EDIT:  And the pic of Trent at the end of the OP is my favorite.  He looks so chill but at the same time has that "Yes, I'll punch a mother ****er in the face for running his mouth" look on his face.  I love that out of my Left Tackle.

Griffin honestly surprised me with how much running around he did. When practice started, he did some stretching and then some light jogging and I thought that would be about it. But he did plenty of running around and didn't look uncomfortable dropping back to throw some passes to some of the other guys who weren't able to participate fully.

Considering the guy is four months removed from major knee surgery and is able to move around like that, I''m now convinced he's a cyborg.

Great photos - big thank you for posting!  

Regarding your quote.. wow... Im surprised he is doing so much so soon.  Great news.. Youth + being in terrific condition + being a freak of nature = good for us...

Archived