Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

D.C. Athlete Power Rankings (April 2013)

Sticksboi05

As of April 18, 2013, how do you rank the five best athletes playing for Washington D.C. sports franchises?

We are talking about performance by the way not popularity. Treat it like you would read on ESPN.com. So which athletes have been performing best in the last few weeks to a month. So RGIII probably wouldn't be on there...

Right now especially after last night. Harper is the talk of the town. Once Mini-Camps start, it'll be RG3 again. But Harper's "Flu" game performance last night was all over national media.

Right now.

1. Harper

2. RG3

3. Stras

4. Ovie

5. Wall

When football is back. just flip 1 and 2. If Stras struggles this year and the Caps make a run. Then flip those two. Wall is the bottom of this list.

Right now especially after last night. Harper is the talk of the town. Once Mini-Camps start, it'll be RG3 again. But Harper's "Flu" game performance last night was all over national media.

Right now.

1. Harper

2. RG3

3. Stras

4. Ovie

5. Wall

When football is back. just flip 1 and 2. If Stras struggles this year and the Caps make a run. Then flip those two. Wall is the bottom of this list.

Agree. Assuming RG3 comes back as good as ever, he will be #1 on the list for the next decade. But as of this moment, he has to sink a little due to uncertainty. Plus, Harper is awesome.

Anyway...

1. Alex Ovechkin

2. Bryce Harper

3. Nicklas Backstrom

4. Ross Detwiler

5. Mike Green

---------- Post added April-18th-2013 at 04:48 PM ----------

I'm actually waiting for a "Top 10 Sticksboi Polls" thread sometime in the near future...

Well, only about 9 of them in retrospect were worth it (the music/NBA position rankings) so a top 10 would be tough. Top 5 now that's doable.

Anyway...

1. Alex Ovechkin

2. Bryce Harper

3. Nicklas Backstrom

4. Ross Detwiler

5. Mike Green

You get an A for creativity, but no.

You can leave off Wall, and you can leave off Stras as well. He has been a little off lately, but you gotta have RG3 on there somewhere.

If your list was like

Ovie

Harper

Backstrom

RG3

Detwiler/Green

I wouldn't even be mad.

You get an A for creativity, but no.

You can leave off Wall, and you can leave off Stras as well. He has been a little off lately, but you gotta have RG3 on there somewhere.

If your list was like

Ovie

Harper

Backstrom

RG3

Detwiler/Green

I wouldn't even be mad.

Did you read the OP? It's a power ranking. The Redskins are not even playing and will not until August. So RGIII therefore is not on the list.

---------- Post added April-18th-2013 at 05:15 PM ----------

Griffin

Ovie

Harper

Backstrom

Holtby

Just saw the current performace part. Griffin still sits at the top with his rehab performance.

This is actually a good point. May have to reconsider.

Did you read the OP? It's a power ranking. The Redskins are not even playing and will not until August. So RGIII therefore is not on the list.

---------- Post added April-18th-2013 at 05:15 PM ----------

This is actually a good point. May have to reconsider.

Well if you do, then you're defeating the entire purpose of the thread you created.

If Ovie isn't in your top 3, then you just aren't a fan of hockey.

I don't think its Ovie personally, I from what I've read....he's been awesome lately. But what the NHL and NHLPA did the fans this year was unacceptable to me. Before the lockout ended I was talking to Rictus about how I wouldn't watch any ****ized season where they try to look legit while taking fans money. I've held true to that.

In the hockey world, Ovie is still a star. But I think there are a decent amount of fans who don't feel like this is a real season.

Archived