Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Twitter - Rob Jackson suspended first 4 games in 2013

son_sonn

you and i get caught for that we are in jail. Seems to always be an excuse..Fred was young and "it's just pot", Black had ADD, Rob is in pain, God Knows what Tanards reason was. idon't want to be the dirty Cowboys or Raiders.

Hopefully the new player personnel guy can offer these players some guidance.

Hail

So what! You or I don't play in the NFL in a violent profession...Can't compare regular joes to professional athletes. Plus we don't know the facts black had a prescription an had been taking his meds for years the league chose to ignore that an suspend him anyways, who's to say he might have had a prescription but the league suspended him anyways because he missed a hoop to jump thru...

So what! You or I don't play in the NFL in a violent profession...Can't compare regular joes to professional athletes. Plus we don't know the facts black had a prescription an had been taking his meds for years the league chose to ignore that an suspend him anyways, who's to say he might have had a prescription but the league suspended him anyways because he missed a hoop to jump thru...

Yeah, the Jordan Black thing was ridiculous. Dealing with the league office is like dealing with the federal government. It's apparently impossible to correct a simple paperwork error and common sense goes out the window.

I guess the NFL figures if they use common sense once then it may set a precedent and people would expect it in the future, can't have that...

BurgundyBlog.com ‏@BurgundyBlog

How many #Redskins must get popped for substances before we acknowledge a specific institutional failure?

There are two stories going on here. One is players failing, but the other is questionable NFL practices. For instance, memory seems to recall tht at least one of our players was suspended for using a substance that he had used with the NFL's permission and knowledge of for years. I want to say it was Jordan Black, but I'm not 100% sure.

Even when the clerical error was pointed out they decided not to reverse their decision. I think Cedric Griffin's suspension was also pretty shady.

The moral of the story is Snyder should have gone nuclear. I think I'm at least 33% serious about that too.

Black had ADD

Black had a prescription that was cleared by the NFL, from what I read two NFL monitoring systems weren't talking to each other so he got suspended anyways. Happens all of the time in HR. But for what it's worth, the NFL rescinded the last game of his four game suspension.

you and i get caught for that we are in jail. Seems to always be an excuse..Fred was young and "it's just pot", Black had ADD, Rob is in pain, God Knows what Tanards reason was. idon't want to be the dirty Cowboys or Raiders.

Hopefully the new player personnel guy can offer these players some guidance.

Hail

Well we knew about Tenard when we signed him but he was appealing... You know, I wouldn't be surprised if John Mara was trying to find a way to put Rob Jackson in jail or even run on the field when we play @ NYG for a citizen's arrest.

go to your original post, click edit, the click go advanced and when the second screen comes up put your cursor in the title box and you can change the title.

thanks a lot DC!! I wasn't sure if anyone was going to reply back lol

There are two stories going on here. One is players failing, but the other is questionable NFL practices. For instance, memory seems to recall tht at least one of our players was suspended for using a substance that he had used with the NFL's permission and knowledge of for years. I want to say it was Jordan Black, but I'm not 100% sure.

Even when the clerical error was pointed out they decided not to reverse their decision. I think Cedric Griffin's suspension was also pretty shady.

The moral of the story is Snyder should have gone nuclear. I think I'm at least 33% serious about that too.

And we are supposed to believe that Trent and Fred were the only players to smoke weed during the lockout.....

Black had a prescription that was cleared by the NFL, from what I read two NFL monitoring systems weren't talking to each other so he got suspended anyways. Happens all of the time in HR. But for what it's worth, the NFL rescinded the last game of his four game suspension.

DC- the new sig edit made me spit up my water. That's funny stuff right there.

And we are supposed to believe that Trent and Fred were the only players to smoke weed during the lockout.....

Yup, just like the Redskins and Cowboys were the only teams who violated the "spirit" of the cap. No one else dumped salary or went way below the cap floor. Only two bad actors if you ignore what half the other teams in the league did.

It was the reason..

Like I said, probably. But we don't know that for sure.

And if it was...well, then this suspension was a blessing that allowed us to keep a guy who would have left for more money, for 12 games next season. ;)

And we'll then have the money to lock him up. That's the optimistic POV on this.

keep making excuses for these guys..bottom line is our team culture has a problem. Youwouldthink that after 4 busts players and management would take notice. They have not

Like I said, probably. But we don't know that for sure.

And if it was...well, then this suspension was a blessing that allowed us to keep a guy who would have left for more money, for 12 games next season. ;)

And we'll then have the money to lock him up. That's the optimistic POV on this.

"granthpaulsen: Jackson's pending suspension (first reported by @HBalzer721) was known before the team re-signed him, for those asking."

--http://twitter.com/granthpaulsen/status/314515011802374144

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen 30s

Someone familiar w/ Rob Jackson's situation said he took an unprescribed pain med to help w/ toothache one day before a random drug test.

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen 17s

.. The unprescribed medicine had codeine in it, which resulted in his failed drug test according to this source. Appeals process is ongoing.

Grant Paulsen @granthpaulsen

Someone familiar w/ Rob Jackson's situation said he took an unprescribed pain med to help w/ toothache one day before a random drug test.

Grant Paulsen @granthpaulsen

.. The unprescribed medicine had codeine in it, which resulted in his failed drug test according to this source. Appeals process is ongoing.

...In light of this, this suspension seems sort of like bull****.

Damn it, CaliSkins!

keep making excuses for these guys..bottom line is our team culture has a problem. Youwouldthink that after 4 busts players and management would take notice. They have not

You're overreacting to 4 guys out of a 53 man roster..bottom line is only people on high horses care as much..damn how did we win 10 games let alone the division with "all these bad seeds" on the team? The team is fine the FO knew about it ahead of time an will plan accordingly...

Archived