Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Twitter - Rob Jackson suspended first 4 games in 2013

son_sonn

What theee hell man. Howcome our guys can't stay out of trouble? Three years in a row at least one player gets a four game suspension (if this is true). Unacceptable.

Just our guys? Maybe the local media plays it up that way.

July 2, 2012 4 games Brody Eldridge TE St. Louis Rams [51]

July 20, 2012 1 game Nate Collins DT Chicago Bears [52]

August 20, 2012 1 game Tamba Hali LB Kansas City Chiefs [53]

August 31, 2012 Indefinite Tanard Jackson FS Washington Redskins [54]

Sept 10, 2012 4 games Joe Haden CB Cleveland Browns [55]

Sept 18, 2012 3 games Clark Haggans LB San Francisco 49ers [56]

Oct 13, 2012 4 games Aqib Talib CB Tampa Bay Buccaneers [57]

October 28, 2012 4 games Eric Wright CB Tampa Bay Buccaneers [58]

November 9, 2012 4 games Brandon Bolden RB New England Patriots [59]

November 26, 2012 4 games Jermaine Cunningham DE New England Patriots

December 5, 2012 4 games Brandon Browner CB Seattle Seahawks

He is hired by the owners, they love him... and why not? smh.

As impartial and good for the game that his previous two "peers" were... Goodell is shameful. As Czaban always says, he has no foresight at all. Lacks that "next step" vision that will get the NFL to an even higher stratosphere.

Just about everything he's done under his watch since 2008-2009 has been to set the league up well for this concussion law suit. And it's at the expense of the players and fans. But as I said, the owners love that ****.

I agree with all of that. Goodell is a turd. Only thing is...see, I think he was talking about DeMaurice Smith. :ols:

I agree with all of that. Goodell is a turd. Only thing is...see, I think he was talking about DeMaurice Smith. :ols:

Yeah, I was wondering why DeMaurice Smith still has a job.

My goal in life should really be to just get a position and then continue to fail miserably at it...

DeMaurice Smith. :ols:

He should be a drug salesman who sells nothing but baby powder, because his mouthpiece must be fantastic if the players buy his crap.

As strong and good for the game as the Immortal Gene Upshaw was before him... Smith is shameful. As I always says, he has no foresight at all. Lacks that "next step" vision to keep up with what the NFL lawyers are doing and they play him like Japetto.

Just about everything he's tried to do under his watch since taking over has failed miserably. And it's at the expense of the players and fans. But as I said, the owners love that ****.

Meanwhile, Richard Sherman tests positive for Adderall, but gets off because the sample was "tampered" with. Which should mean that he should've been tested AGAIN.

I didn't see this earlier, but just so you are aware, I'm not sure what their rules are in the NFL as far as this type of thing goes, but to my knowledge Dick Sherm's obligation to the NFL is to provide a sample. In order to get another sample there would have to be probable cause to do so, I suspect the PA has rules in the books against that. Especially if NFL trained/certified specimen handlers were the ones who botched it. IV amendment.

To top that off, Addy has a half life of 5-7 days, so he could've easily stopped taking it and by the time the lawyers fought it out, if he did have to provide another sample he could've easily been clean.

Chain of custody is pretty easy, highly ironic that his got messed with along with Brouwer testing positive, something isn't stirring the koolaid there. That's a very rare technicality. He will get what's coming to him eventually.

---------- Post added March-21st-2013 at 07:43 PM ----------

Wait, the owners hired Smith somehow? Seems like the players would vote on that position or am I missing something??

It was an attempt at how interchangable they are. I'm sure the owners love them some D. Smith ;)

and I believe I said the owners love that ****, not the owners hired him.

am I the only one tired of seeing "mara ordered this" and "mara ordered that"? I swear, I can't tell if it's sarcasm, or our fans really think the giants are behind everything happening to the skins. let's not act like synder wouldn't do the same thing if he had his position.

He should be a drug salesman who sells nothing but baby powder, because his mouthpiece must be fantastic if the players buy his crap.

As strong and good for the game as the Immortal Gene Upshaw was before him... Smith is shameful. As I always says, he has no foresight at all. Lacks that "next step" vision to keep up with what the NFL lawyers are doing and they play him like Japetto.

Just about everything he's tried to do under his watch since taking over has failed miserably. And it's at the expense of the players and fans. But as I said, the owners love that ****.

That's what the players get for hiring a lawyer instead of another player.

Fact is, the player's had all the leverage in the world going into this. But the owners painted the entire situation like the player's were on strike, and D. Smith played right into their hand. Then Smith felt pressure to end the lockout before guys started losing paychecks, so he dropped some of the biggest issues players had just so he could get a deal done. Now player's basically have no recourse. They can only sue Goodell, but that does nothing.

I remember thinking the Steelers were dicks when they decided not to sign the CBA. Now I think they were absolutely right.

am I the only one tired of seeing "mara ordered this" and "mara ordered that"? I swear, I can't tell if it's sarcasm, or our fans really think the giants are behind everything happening to the skins. let's not act like synder wouldn't do the same thing if he had his position.

Mara hired this poster.

Did Jackson get tested while visiting his grandma? lol...

First Mara tries to get Cousins suspended by ordering the surprise drug test, thinking that RG3 won't be ready to start the season and the Skins will have to trot out Grossman...when that doesn't work, they go after some other Skins player!!! [/conspiracy theory]

Unfortunately, this is probably true.

---------- Post added March-21st-2013 at 09:11 PM ----------

:banhim:

Mara hired this poster.

I agree. He's an infiltrator! :banhim:

Honestly I can understand wanting to curb the substance abuse and nip it in the bud. These players take a beating and of course when you're hurting you want pain meds (most people anyway) so they take them and like it. The thing is, my dentist has an emergency phone number, so if he was having tooth pain, wouldn't he call? Or he could have been just self-medicating, but again that leads down a path to substance abuse. I would rather Rob Jackson be suspended and try to nip it in the bud before it even becomes a glimmer of actually starting to occur, and it suck for us as fans, than to let him off the hook and he actually gets hooked.

Now before anyone thinks I am being high and mighty, I am not saying this as looking my nose down at anyone. I am saying this from a standpoint that I love football and appreciate the sport, but I think players need to be protected because it is their lives. I do think that doctors will give players pain meds all the time when they get hurt and that can lead to addiction. It can happen to anyone. I mean, I LOVE some percocet and can definitely see how easy it would be to become addicted and I am not an athlete who takes a pounding...every day at the gym, practices, games, etc.

All that said....this sucks for us as fans!

The fault is either Rob Jackson's or the organization's. If Rob really took some Tylenol3 out of ignorance that it contained a banned substance requiring prescription, then the organization needs to set aside a day for teaching players about what is banned and what common substances contain those banned materials.

If he just took someoone's prescription, then I have less sympathy. Personally, I think anyone with an IQ over 10 should realize that if a substance comes in a presciption bottle and that bottle doesnt have your name on it, you're probably doing something wrong....

Some fans are literally that closed minded to believe he's behind everything. They're the same sheep of many other things. It's just the human race, not the Redskins fans.

i agree, i can't tell either. if its sarcasm, its getting really old. if they really think he's behind all of it, they've got problems.

Archived