Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you give up watching the Redskins in 2013 if you knew they would win the Superbowl next season?

skinfan2k

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

My friends who are fans of all different teams had this conversation last night and the group actually overwhelming said that they would not give up watching their team if they knew their team won the Super Bowl.

If i asked you today, if you would give up watching all redskins games/highlights next season and not able to wear your redskins gear for the next season, the Redskins would finish 11-5 and win the Superbowl in 2014

But, if you didn't give up watching they would potentially not make the playoffs or lose in the first round of the playoffs?

What would you do? Would you give up watching your favorite team if you knew they would have success and win the Super Bowl?

You can't have anything redskins related until next offseason, and no you cant listen to the games on the radio.

Wow.

I can't believe there's people who wouldn't give up watching so that we would win it all. That's ridiculous that if you had the power to have us hoist our fourth Lombardi that you wouldn't because you'd rather watch us lose.

I don't play the fan card often, but damn, may want to consider turning yours in.

Wow.

I can't believe there's people who wouldn't give up watching so that we would win it all. That's ridiculous that if you had the power to have us hoist our fourth Lombardi that you wouldn't because you'd rather watch us lose.

I don't play the fan card often, but damn, may want to consider turning yours in.

Part of being a fan it being there to show support for your team win, lose, or draw. And that's why I think the question is ridiculous. I'd rather watch the Skins fall just short and enjoy every moment of the ride....knowing that when they do win it all I will have enjoyed it even more!

Part of being a fan it being there to show support for your team win, lose, or draw. And that's why I think the question is ridiculous. I'd rather watch the Skins fall just short and enjoy every moment of the ride....knowing that when they do win it all I will have enjoyed it even more!

WTF? Seriously? You'd rather watch the Skins fall just short than win the Super Bowl?

What you described was a non-fairweather fan, which is what all of ES is, and I applaud that. However, the part of being an actual *FAN* is doing whatever it takes to help your team win it all. This is why you get loud on third down while on defense, this is why you wear your gear, this is why you are a member of Redskins nation.

You know who else doesn't want to see us win it all? Dallas.

To want the Redskins to do anything but win it all is the most un-fanlike thing out there.

---------- Post added February-23rd-2013 at 04:46 PM ----------

Part of the joy of a Super Bowl winning season has got to be actually witnessing it right?

What does it matter if it's the day after the Super Bowl that you actually watch the games if you can walk through Dallas, Philadelphia, and New York with your Redskins gear on and their fans unable to say a word? The championship is the *ONLY* thing that matters and the only thing that lasts.

I'm getting crazy disappointed in some of you.

If I 100% knew for a fact that by not watching, I single handedly would give the Redskins a Superbowl winning season then hell yes I would stop watching. How many Redskins fans would be greatly appreciative of a Superbowl win? All of them, and I would have made that happen. That's sacrificing for your fellow fans and team. The players sacrifice their bodies, I have no qualms with sacrificing the pleasure of watching my time in order to guarantee a Superbowl. i think those who answer no are selfish.

Who gives a **** if they win the superbowl if you don't get to watch it?

Why would it matter if they won then? We have 3 superbowl wins but i haven't really been there to witness one. Ravens fans who work with me will never forget their run going through Indy, Denver and New england and the 49ers. Just having a superbowl and not being able to witness is like those superbowls in the past.

I was stationed overseas when we lost the SB to the Raiders. Did not see most of the season, nor the SB (which, as it turned out, was a good thing). But.....it killed me that my team was in it's prime, and I could not witness it. Just wasn't the same reading the Stars and Stripe's a couple of days later.....or Sports Illustrated a couple of weeks later....about what happened in a particular game.

Nope, I would want to see, hear, read, and support my team throughout the season. Heck.....that is part of what makes one a FANatic.....unrational support for a team that is, say, 3-6 at the bye week, and goes 7-0 down the stretch to win the NFCE crown.

I want to say "yes." I want to claim I would make that sacrifice. But deep down I know I'm just too damn selfish. 16+ Sundays every year (or over 30%) are dedicated to watching the Redskins. more to football in general. Plus, I'm in Steelers territory. I rock a Redskins lanyard to work as well as a Redskins tie. Been wearing it for years, and thankfully when we got RGIII and became good this year, they knew I wasn't a bandwagon fan. But I digress.

If you could guarantee me, with 100% certainty that me not watching the Redskins would mean they will absolutely win a Super Bowl with 0% margin for error (proof of a league-wide conspiracy all owners secretly agreed to, a magic genie that grants wishes without fail, proof that God loves RGIII more than any other athlete and will give him a win on his reconstructed knee this year, etc.) then yes. I could probably find a way to shut off my cable and internet for 6 months. But I would expect much appreciation from you *******s in return. :ols:

I'm not a fan of the Redskins because I just want to be a fan of a team who wins the Super Bowl. I'm a fan of the Redskins because I want to be a fan of the Redskins.

Boom........roasted!

I can't even respectfully disagree with those who voted yes in this poll. Being a fan is all about the journey. Why don't you guys just log off of ES and come back when we make the playoffs, ok?

Wow.

Wait, I mean, I get you but...this isn't realistic, I wouldn't take too much away from it. Would you donate a kidney if it meant the Skins win the Superbowl? Would you go vegan? Would you all quit drinking forever, not another sip for the rest of your life? Would you give up sex? You wouldn't?????? Turn in your fan card! ;)

Pretty silly thread IMO.

Archived