Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN : We don't want to make any mistakes,' Ala. governor says as standoff stretches (Alabama Standoff)

GoSkins561

If that was my kid I would've sat outside with a thermal scope watching them for a few hours and then shot the dude/dudes when I picked my spot. It's now wonder that state is 49th in public school education. Holy **** man. This is getting redic.

I heard a quote from an Alabama official earlier today that they strongly hope that some sort of bond is established between the boy and Dykes since they've been holed up together in such a confined space for so long, so that it would be tougher for him to harm the boy. He also said that blankets, toys, and coloring books and crayons have been delivered, which to me is a good sign...

Confessing that I'm monumentally ignorant about this situation.

But my usual reaction in these things is that I really want the cops to be patient. Unless I have evidence that says that there's something going on, in there, that's worth killing people over, then my reaction is "take all the time you want, I get paid by the hour".

Again, speaking from total ignorance, and just reading the quote that's in the title of the thread? I'm with the Governor.

I'm sure we have all heard this story by now, after seeing the bunker, how are they going to safely get the kid out?

Is there some type of gas that would slowly put both of them to sleep without harming the kid?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/01/us/alabama-child-hostage/index.html

I actually thought about this and had a discussion at work. Remember the Russian Theater Hostage situation? The Russians used an anesthetic gas to knock everyone out and then went in and shot the bad guys. Problem was they did not have the proper medical personnel and drugs on hand to resuscitate the hostages and a many of them died. In this case I'm sure they would have the medical personnel on hand but the hostage being a 5 year old (with medical problems) complicates that.

Wow. I'm amazed and relieved that this ended with the boy being safe. I obviously don't know how they did it, but incredible job by the officers.

Yeah, who would think a flash grenade would have been used, otoh, I guess they use them all of the time on drug raids when kids are present...so I guess they are harmless.

Archived