Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Avatars

@DCGoldPants

Originally posted by WallyG3

I created some avatars for fun a few weeks ago. I personally prefer "Christy" for the chearleader, and the pic of Rock doing the crab.

(See Thread)

DH - Feel free to use any of them - PM me if you'd like different sizes.

I might be swayed to use a different Rock pic for the avatar - not a big fan of using the Retro unis from last year simply because it's inconsistent with the rest of them. Not a big fan of the flex pose.. because I prefer "action" shots. I'm debating it.

But Christy will absolutely NOT be used for the exact reasons I stated in that thread.

Originally posted by Mad Mike

One tip on the new avitars. They nees a 1 point black stroke around them to kill the excess white pixles that make them look chunky. I can do it if you like.

Look at the difference.

Feel free Mike. Then zip'em up and send them over to me in an email and I'll upload them.

Tired of working on avatars at the moment. :)

Originally posted by WallyG3

MadMike - what I do instead of a stroke is when you export the graphic, make the "matte color" black. Works for me.

Yup, that works too. I just figured the easy way to fix them was to open them, convert to RGB, add the black stroke, convert back to index and re-save. I'm all about saving time. :D

Nice graphic work BTW. I like your sig pic. :applause:

Originally posted by Die Hard

Feel free Mike. Then zip'em up and send them over to me in an email and I'll upload them.

Tired of working on avatars at the moment. :)

Can you email me a zip of all the new avitars? It would save me the time of hunting them down in the threads and ensure that I get them all.

Thanks

"You're the Lloyd Harrison of posters.

So quite frankly, your avatar suits you perfectly" - DH

Actually I prefer to consider myself the Rashad Bauman of posters, or at least the Antonio Pierce.

Then again, I could show more awareness in our schemes (I still don't know how to quote.)

Edit: Incidentally, doesn't that make bleedblue the Gus Frerrote of posters?

Originally posted by CBMGreatOne

"You're the Lloyd Harrison of posters.

So quite frankly, your avatar suits you perfectly" - DH

Actually I prefer to consider myself the Rashad Bauman of posters, or at least the Antonio Pierce.

Then again, I could show more awareness in our schemes (I still don't know how to quote.)

Edit: Incidentally, doesn't that make bleedblue the Gus Frerrote of posters?

Spend a few minutes reading http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/misc.php?action=bbcode#buttons and you shouldnt have any further questions on how to quote or do any other posting actions.

Spend a few minutes reading http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/...=bbcode#buttons and you shouldnt have any further questions on how to quote or do any other posting actions.

Thanks a lot. Too much to digest at once, but I've got a lot of it.

Edited to correct ridiculously egregious double typo (if that's possible)

Edit again, is there some reason why an italicized "Originally posted by..." doesn't appear?

Originally posted by skins19

I see all these cool avatars but alas I am still Todd Husak (At least that is who I think it is)? Is there any way the great admins of the site could hook me up with something better. Thanks.

See if this answers your question......

Just FYI.... so I don't get bombarded with questions about avatars again.... I made good on what I said in this thread. So if you want answers... they're in this thread. Here's the new breakdown:

The Cheerleader (Minimum Posts: 0)

The Waterboy (Minimum Posts: 20)

The Camp Fodder (Minimum Posts: 100)

The Rookie (Minimum Posts: 150)

The Benchwarmer (Minimum Posts: 300)

Special Teams Ace (Minimum Posts: 450)

The Role Player (Minimum Posts: 700)

The Starter (Minimum Posts: 1000)

The Veteran (Minimum Posts: 1500)

The Playmaker (Minimum Posts: 2000)

The Pro Bowler (Minimum Posts: 2500)

The Franchise Player (Minimum Posts: 3000)

The Hall of Famer (Minimum Posts: 4000)

Redskins Ring of Fame (Minimum Posts: 5000)

BTW, "The Future HOF" rank has been retired. The Darrell Green avatar has been added to the "Redskins Ring of Fame" rank... and the avatar has been upgraded as well:

darrell_green.gif

"The Cheerleader" avatar has been upgraded as well:

cheerleader.gif

Well... at least I think it's an upgrade :D

Originally posted by MidPennSkin

I've been looking for a snapshot of all the avatars in one place, and couldn't find it, so I made one. In case anybody else would like to see it too, here it is.

all_avatars.jpg

BTW Do you like Jacobs better now? :cool:

Originally posted by Oldskool

Your avatar is Taylor Jacobs IIRC

It changed after I made the post because it was #150 for me. That's good because I got tired of the one that is the camp fodder. I am just jealous that all of the other avatars have been upgraded recently. I will just sit back and Jacobs for a while now that it has changed. See what happens when you complain, you make enough posts to get bumped to the next level. :D

Nice try Bubba. I'm gonna hold out for a pic of Rob Johnson on the sidelines wearing a visor :) Can't actually have the benchwarmer "playing" ya know?

I wish I'd had my camera yesterday, because through my binoculars (from the Pete Rozelle Upper Level), lo and behold I saw Rob Johnson sitting on the end of the bench, helmet off, visor on. Was perfect but no camera, alas.

I'm telling you, someone who sits close should be able to nail this.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by MidPennSkin

I've been looking for a snapshot of all the avatars in one place, and couldn't find it, so I made one. In case anybody else would like to see it too, here it is.

all_avatars.jpg

There are a few missing. I was showing a friend at work the Wicked Wops current avatar. Which member wears the undesirable head in the rear?

Archived