Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offseason Stinks

PlayAction

Bottom line is both injuries happened while he was running the ball. Period.

True, but this would have happened in any offense once the OL broke down. That's why he was scrambling in the raven game. The Atlanta game and Seattle game he was running a bootleg. The Atlanta game nothing was there on the bootleg, so he tried to get additional yards that weren't there, the Seattle game he landed funny without getting hit.

Point is, it wasn't our offense that got him hurt.

Glad its not just me, but I'm "spent" right now. Was an emotional roller coaster for the past few months. Normally exited about watching the playoffs (even without the skins) but this year just feels different, just feel drained at this point. Though im still on this board multiple times a day waiting for any nugget of news :).

For real. I was telling my wife I wasn't sure how much more my heart could take.

screw SF and Seattle. Whenever i watch them, i think "theyre biters!!!" We would've spanked Seattle and Atlanta had RGIII not went down. I fully believe it.

You and me, both. I was talking to several people at work today about just that. Two were Bmore fans and they 100% agreed. We are lethal with a healthy RG3 and a TEAM behind him.

For real. I was telling my wife I wasn't sure how much more my heart could take.

literally! I think right after Rob fumbled the ball inside our five and he went down (for good) the tightness that I had in my chest for the last two months and feelings of anxiety had completely left me. I guess this isn't why I wasn't as terribly upset as everyone else in Redskins Nation... because I could breathe normally and individually I felt healthy, lol.

I say bring on the offseason. We know we have bright future and we can be relevant again for the next few years. We need to spend the offseason filling what holes we can. I can't wait until Free Agency in March and the Draft in April. I am even going to be more excited going into the 2013 season; even knowing there's a chance Robert might not be able to play in 2013 or miss significant time.

This thread was a great read until this post showed up. Have a clue, when it comes to how RG3 was hurt. I have bit my lip enough about the moronic posts about our offense being the reason our Qb was hurt. Think to last year, if we were a West Coast drop back system, RG3 would be scrambling around A LOT more. Our O-Line isn't very good at straight pass blocking in the West Coast System. It is because of the Pistol offense which made our O-Line play well this year. RG3 would be scrambling around taking more shots, like the Ngata hit, if this was our offense. The Pistol gives the O-Line an advantage because of the play pass off of it. Please stop the ignorance!!!

OP, I felt the exact same way as you did this weekend!!

Seems to be a common theme in this thread. "If RG3 stayed healthy". Thats the problem he cant in this current offense.

Is it just me? I don't even care to peruse 700 pages of draft discussion that started before the season even began. I'm kind of happy with the team as-is even though I know there are specific areas for improvement. But it's not as if I'm looking for 10 guys in the draft to replace 10 on the active roster anymore. I guess I'm still stuck on the "coulda woulda" Seattle game which might have meant the Skins would have played this weekend. This is a good thing, right?????

There are quite a few areas of improvement thats needed on this team. Don't get it twisted. We need upgrades @ CB, FS, SS, back up RB, ILB, RT, C, WR.. Nevertheless, the future is looking bright.

I say bring on the offseason. We know we have bright future and we can be relevant again for the next few years. We need to spend the offseason filling what holes we can. I can't wait until Free Agency in March and the Draft in April. I am even going to be more excited going into the 2013 season; even knowing there's a chance Robert might not be able to play in 2013 or miss significant time.

Agreed. This was a great year and things are looking up. My only worry for next year is RG3's health but I think we can contend with Captain Kirk if needed. I've enjoyed the playoffs so far regardless. Unless it's a hated rival (or New England) I root for teams with the fewest rings.

This thread was a great read until this post showed up. Have a clue, when it comes to how RG3 was hurt. I have bit my lip enough about the moronic posts about our offense being the reason our Qb was hurt. Think to last year, if we were a West Coast drop back system, RG3 would be scrambling around A LOT more. Our O-Line isn't very good at straight pass blocking in the West Coast System. It is because of the Pistol offense which made our O-Line play well this year. RG3 would be scrambling around taking more shots, like the Ngata hit, if this was our offense. The Pistol gives the O-Line an advantage because of the play pass off of it. Please stop the ignorance!!!

OP, I felt the exact same way as you did this weekend!!

Facts are facts. You can insult me all you want. The FACT is. RG3 was hurt in this offense multiple times. And your theory that RG3 would be hit more in a conventional offense is laughable. How many times was Cousins hit in the cleveland game against a very good defense? RG3 can run the base Shanahan offense perfectly. That offense includes design roll outs and quick passes to protect the QB. There is very little 5 or 7 step drop back passing. The current offense was designed to take advantage of RG3's running ability and he paid for it.

Never been big on watching 'other' football games unless the match-up really grabs my attention once the 'Skins season is over. (Unless there's Philthy or the 'Girls left to laugh at. :ols:). The Championship games this coming weekend for example are a big 'meh' to me. The Super Bowl is the only real given for me to sit down and watch each post-season.

That's been more and more the case the older I've gotten and situations and priorities changing.

You reprobates take enough of my time without sitting down for 3 hours or so watching Brady take the Ratbird DC wanabes from up I-95 out behind the woodshed this coming Sunday. :pfft:

Hail.

Facts are facts. You can insult me all you want. The FACT is. RG3 was hurt in this offense multiple times. And your theory that RG3 would be hit more in a conventional offense is laughable. How many times was Cousins hit in the cleveland game against a very good defense? RG3 can run the base Shanahan offense perfectly. That offense includes design roll outs and quick passes to protect the QB. There is very little 5 or 7 step drop back passing. The current offense was designed to take advantage of RG3's running ability and he paid for it.

Except for the pesky little FACT that he was not injured at any time on a designed running play, he got hurt on traditional plays gone bad, which kinda shoots your point down, but continue to say it like it is fact like everyone else does...that's fine.

---------- Post added January-15th-2013 at 08:48 AM ----------

There are quite a few areas of improvement thats needed on this team. Don't get it twisted. We need upgrades @ CB, FS, SS, back up RB, ILB, RT, C, WR.. Nevertheless, the future is looking bright.

Agreed, but it is better then 2009-2010 off season when we needed upgrades....everywhere.

---------- Post added January-15th-2013 at 08:52 AM ----------

Agreed, but it is better then 2009-2010 off season when we needed upgrades....everywhere.

Except for the pesky little FACT that he was not injured at any time on a designed running play, he got hurt on traditional plays gone bad, which kinda shoots your point down, but continue to say it like it is fact like everyone else does...that's fine.

---------- Post added January-15th-2013 at 08:48 AM ----------

Doe snot shoot my point down in any way. If he had thrown the ball away he would have never been injured.

Doe snot shoot my point down in any way. If he had thrown the ball away he would have never been injured.

He should have thrown the ball away in any offense. You don't have a point that the pistol offense got him hurt because that had nothing to do with the injuries.

He should have thrown the ball away in any offense. You don't have a point that the pistol offense got him hurt because that had nothing to do with the injuries.

You just contradicted your previous post. And you never replied to my post about the base Shanahan offense. Guess that ends this conversation.

You just contradicted your previous post. And you never replied to my post about the base Shanahan offense. Guess that ends this conversation.

No your saying that RGIII got hurt because of "his offense" when its not true ends the converstaion because you are wrong and won't admit it, but I'm done.

No your saying that RGIII got hurt because of "his offense" when its not true ends the converstaion because you are wrong and won't admit it, but I'm done.

OK. We will get him back healthy sometime next season and do it all over again. Maybe it will be his left knee next year or maybe its an ankle instead. My point is using the threat of his ability to run with the pistol or read option exposes him to un needed hits. The read option by design allows the QB to be hit on every play that it is run. Defenses took advantage of that and racked up the hits on RG3. Where the read option was very good was when he actually threw the ball from it. The read option play pass to Garcon over the middle was unstoppable all season. Shanahans base offense exposes the QB to very little threat and RG3 is fully capable of running it. Until he is able to PROVE that he can protect himself by either throwing the ball away, running out of bounds or sliding. The base offense is the best way to keep him healthy.

OK. We will get him back healthy sometime next season and do it all over again. Maybe it will be his left knee next year or maybe its an ankle instead. My point is using the threat of his ability to run with the pistol or read option exposes him to un needed hits. The read option by design allows the QB to be hit on every play that it is run. Defenses took advantage of that and racked up the hits on RG3. Where the read option was very good was when he actually threw the ball from it. The read option play pass to Garcon over the middle was unstoppable all season. Shanahans base offense exposes the QB to very little threat and RG3 is fully capable of running it. Until he is able to PROVE that he can protect himself by either throwing the ball away, running out of bounds or sliding. The base offense is the best way to keep him healthy.

You aren't making any sense. He got hurt running the drop back passing game. The formation it came out of is irrelevant.

Ever since the Skins organization imploded in 1999 I've enjoyed watching other teams play during the offseason. The playoffs were the only time that I could really enjoy good football games. This weekend there were some great games to watch both Sat and Sunday. And, I didn't care. Not a bit. I even turned off during some of the cliffhanger finishes. All I could think of was that the Skins could be competitive with most of the teams left in the playoffs. When a team was running a play I'd think "they stole that play from Kyle" or jeez they don't have a pass rush either. It really sucked.

Is it just me? I don't even care to peruse 700 pages of draft discussion that started before the season even began. I'm kind of happy with the team as-is even though I know there are specific areas for improvement. But it's not as if I'm looking for 10 guys in the draft to replace 10 on the active roster anymore. I guess I'm still stuck on the "coulda woulda" Seattle game which might have meant the Skins would have played this weekend. This is a good thing, right?????

This is only the second time since 2008 and only the the 4th time since 1999 that I had already accepted the fact that we were not going to the playoffs with almost a month to go in the regular season. For me, it has a lot to do with the fact that I thought we could be in the mix and have not had time to internalize the fact that we aren't.

Get used to it.

You don't win the Super Bowl in almost every year of your life.

~Bang

I'm so used to it. For the last two decades, each and every season, I've kept telling myself " Well, next year, baby". Same with this year, the only difference is I said it in Jan in stead of Oct or Nov.:(

Archived