Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offseason Stinks

PlayAction

Ever since the Skins organization imploded in 1999 I've enjoyed watching other teams play during the offseason. The playoffs were the only time that I could really enjoy good football games. This weekend there were some great games to watch both Sat and Sunday. And, I didn't care. Not a bit. I even turned off during some of the cliffhanger finishes. All I could think of was that the Skins could be competitive with most of the teams left in the playoffs. When a team was running a play I'd think "they stole that play from Kyle" or jeez they don't have a pass rush either. It really sucked.

Is it just me? I don't even care to peruse 700 pages of draft discussion that started before the season even began. I'm kind of happy with the team as-is even though I know there are specific areas for improvement. But it's not as if I'm looking for 10 guys in the draft to replace 10 on the active roster anymore. I guess I'm still stuck on the "coulda woulda" Seattle game which might have meant the Skins would have played this weekend. This is a good thing, right?????

Im the same way. When watching San Fran Sat night, I yelled at the TV maybe 10 times because of the Pistol formation they were KILLING Green Bay with.

I just kept saying to myself "Man imagine how far we would have gone with 49ers defense or if RG3 stays healthy."

Im not a homer, Im a realist, but you have to sit there and think watching that Atlanta Seattle game: "If RG3 doesnt go down before that second touchdown, we may just blow Seattle out." And if that was the case, then "We come into Atlanta and spank them because, hey, we were beating them before RG3 went down with a concussion in the regular season"

But yea, this is totally true. Im the same exact way, and now, I just try to keep my mind on draft things to try to make next year come quicker.

The issue for me is our QB, obviously, this many months of waiting to see what happens will be excruciating.

to the OP. Not at all man I was the same way this weekend, especially watching Atlanta implode the way they did. No way they could have stopped our offense with a healthy RGIII, the running game and the passing game. I could just envision for every 20 yard run Wilson made, RGIII makes 30. I could see how RGIII torches them with our much better wide outs, Robinson running behind them.

Damn I hate you Ngata.

I had fun watching the donkeys lose. I despise Denver , believe it or not, more than d*ll*ss. I live 100 miles north. I DO NOT live in Colorado. I dislike Colorado. I don't cheer for CU, CSU, AF, NC, Colorado School of Mines, Avalanche, Mammoth, Outlaws, Rapids, The Rockies...none of the above. Everyone here thinks they gotta cheer for the Broncos. BOO, Not me. I take pure unadulterated pleasure in watching the Broncos lose. That was the best game all year. (present company excluded).

PS I do watch the Nuggets, but they're losers.

to the OP. Not at all man I was the same way this weekend, especially watching Atlanta implode the way they did. No way they could have stopped our offense with a healthy RGIII, the running game and the passing game. I could just envision for every 20 yard run Wilson made, RGIII makes 30. I could see how RGIII torches them with our much better wide outs, Robinson running behind them.

Damn I hate you Ngata.

Seems to be a common theme in this thread. "If RG3 stayed healthy". Thats the problem he cant in this current offense.

The nice thing about this off-season is that we have a system now and we can find more players to play in it. Seems simple, but it wasn't always this way and hasn't been for a while. I trust this front office to get better by re-signing and adding the right players. Now I can get some work done in my life...

Seems to be a common theme in this thread. "If RG3 stayed healthy". Thats the problem he cant in this current offense.

He didn't get injured because of the pistol. He got injured on a bootleg in Seattle and a scramble in Atlanta and Baltimore. The pistol and designed runs keep you safer than any pocket qb would be behind the OL where most injuries to qbs happen.

He didn't get injured because of the pistol. He got injured on a bootleg in Seattle and a scramble in Atlanta and Baltimore. The pistol and designed runs keep you safer than any pocket qb would be behind the OL where most injuries to qbs happen.

Bottom line is both injuries happened while he was running the ball. Period.

Get used to it.

You don't win the Super Bowl in almost every year of your life.

~Bang

yep, true. there's only one team that has fans that can be able to watch their team play into February. the Redskins won't be that team every year. just be glad that the team is finally in position to have many, many more playoff seasons and chances in each of those seasons to try to ride momentum to the big game :) thats all we can be thankful for as fans at the moment.

I think what we are experiencing is a "successful season hangover". This year was an emotional rollercoaster for lifelong Skins fans. I normally love watching the playoffs, but this year I am suffering from an emotional recoil. I felt empty when I woke up yesterday. Its the price we will pay for high expectations. That's how it felt in the 1980s.

I totally agree. What could've been but I see our season as a successful one. We came back from 3-6 to 10-6, won the division, broke all kinds of records and have a good foundation. The future is bright. I put so much emotional energy in each skins game that I can actually use a break.

I suggest you go back and look at the hits he took in the pocket too. There are no absolute in injuries.

2cents is exactly right here. I would cringe every time I would see someone break through the line, mostly from the right side. Some of those hits he took back there in the pocket were brutal. The hit he took during the baltimore game was just a freakishly bad luck hit.

2cents is exactly right here. I would cringe every time I would see someone break through the line, mostly from the right side. Some of those hits he took back there in the pocket were brutal. The hit he took during the baltimore game was just a freakishly bad luck hit.

Esp look at the first Cowboy game.

Bad luck is the appropriate term.... cursed is another.

I totally agree. What could've been but I see our season as a successful one. We came back from 3-6 to 10-6, won the division, broke all kinds of records and have a good foundation. The future is bright. I put so much emotional energy in each skins game that I can actually use a break.

Glad its not just me, but I'm "spent" right now. Was an emotional roller coaster for the past few months. Normally exited about watching the playoffs (even without the skins) but this year just feels different, just feel drained at this point. Though im still on this board multiple times a day waiting for any nugget of news :).

I'm not going to lie, but after reading the title and the first sentence in the OP... I thought, "Oh boy." But the topic and discussion is very good in this thread! And I totally agree. I didn't watch a lot of football other than the very end of the 4th quarter of the Ravens-Broncos game as well as the OT periods.

Even looking at next years first place schedule, there isn't a team on the schedule that we can't beat... especially if we have a successful offseason. I am very excited about this football team.

Archived