Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offseason Stinks

PlayAction

Seeing the Seahawks lose made me feel better. It shouldn't matter but it did. Part of me wanted to see them lose 45-0 so I could think "well, the skins probably wouldn't have made it past Atlanta anyway." But the way it turned out was maximum pain infliction on the Seahawks, so that's good too.

It def felt better than a blowout for me.

I can't wait until these next three games are over so we all can get onto planning for next year. Seeing if we can get some of our cap space back, planning for the draft and free agency, releasing or restructuring contracts to free up money to improve our secondary and right tackle. Just need to get this nonsense of afc/nfc title games and super bowl over with so we Redskins fans can get ready for an even better 2013:)

The toughest pill to swallow right now...is that we could have very easily been in the Super Bowl. There is no doubt in my mind. We were the team to beat in the NFC until RG3 was injured. I'm convinced we would have rolled Seattle if that had not happened. Nobody but Seattle scared me in the playoffs. There was nobody the Redskins could not have beaten.

Bodes well for the future of this team, but again...tough pill to swallow right now. It will be easier once it's all over, and the Super Bowl champion is crowned. We can immediately turn our focus to next season. :)

The toughest pill to swallow right now...is that we could have very easily been in the Super Bowl.

Easily ...man, don't know about that. Atlanta is no push over, you saw how they battled Seattle. 49er's are no joke ... i kind of shutter at what Kapernick would have done against our Defense ...

Our defense has been practicing against the type offense they are running in SF all year though. And as far as stopping the run we are not bad at that. And short of Robert getting hurt early in the season we had Atlanta beat. So I think had we passed seatle, and had a healthy Robert then super bowl wouldn't have been out of the question.

Our defense has been practicing against the type offense they are running in SF all year though. And as far as stopping the run we are not bad at that. And short of Robert getting hurt early in the season we had Atlanta beat. So I think had we passed seatle, and had a healthy Robert then super bowl wouldn't have been out of the question.

I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but our D doesn't practice against our offense. They practice against the scout team that runs the other teams offense so they can be better prepared for the team they are facing. They would only practice against our offense when we play teams like the Hawks and 40-whiners.....

I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but our D doesn't practice against our offense. They practice against the scout team that runs the other teams offense so they can be better prepared for the team they are facing. They would only practice against our offense when we play teams like the Hawks and 40-whiners.....

Thanks for clarifying that. I see that in here all the time, I see it on TV when they are predicting the games and I hear it on sportstalk all the time. Why would our defense practice stopping the zone read if we are playing Peyton Manning next week? Valid post.

This will probably be one of the longest if not the longest offseasons ever, ironic considering our season was longer than any we've had in recent memory. I'm ampted for next September when we'll be making a legit run towards the Lombardi.

In your signature, did Kyle really say that? If he did, that's an amazing prediction by him.

In your signature, did Kyle really say that? If he did, that's an amazing prediction by him.

He was heard shouting that in the locker room before the 2nd Giant game in 2011 I believe. There is a thread making fun of him for saying that and demanding he be fired because he sucks so much that was made at the time. Kinda a hoot actually.

He was heard shouting that in the locker room before the 2nd Giant game in 2011 I believe. There is a thread making fun of him for saying that and demanding he be fired because he sucks so much that was made at the time. Kinda a hoot actually.

It was actually before(or maybe during)the season finale in Philly. But yeah, there is actually audio of him saying it, Steinberg of the Sports Bog has it.

This will probably be one of the longest if not the longest offseasons ever, ironic considering our season was longer than any we've had in recent memory. I'm ampted for next September when we'll be making a legit run towards the Lombardi.

one of the longest if not the longest? isnt that just saying the same thing, but again?.....

Easily ...man, don't know about that. Atlanta is no push over, you saw how they battled Seattle. 49er's are no joke ... i kind of shutter at what Kapernick would have done against our Defense ...

I'm not saying that we would have beaten them and that beating them would have been easy. I'm saying that we very easily COULD have beaten them. We were not overwhelmingly outmatched by anyone in the NFC.

At least to this point, we have not lost a lot of coordinators to other teams. It looks like Seattle got hit hard and I think Arians leaving will hurt the colts.

Doubtful. The Colts were one of the worst 11-5 teams ever, statistically. Lucky schedule. Arians is overrated. They just hired Luck's old college OC. I'd be surprised if he didn't improve leaps and bounds over his rookie year.

---------- Post added January-18th-2013 at 08:54 PM ----------

one of the longest if not the longest? isnt that just saying the same thing, but again?.....

No...ONE OF the longest, if not THE longest...

It would be like saying, one of the greatest, or perhaps THE greatest...

Doubtful. The Colts were one of the worst 11-5 teams ever, statistically. Lucky schedule. Arians is overrated. They just hired Luck's old college OC. I'd be surprised if he didn't improve leaps and bounds over his rookie year.

---------- Post added January-18th-2013 at 08:54 PM ----------

No...ONE OF the longest, if not THE longest...

It would be like saying, one of the greatest, or perhaps THE greatest...

ahh. nevermind then

Archived