Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Receivers dominated in Seattle game...

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I heard Greg Cosell on ESPN radio a couple of days ago. He's one of the best at breaking down film, imo. He was talking about our game and the decision to leave Griffin in, in the context of having spent time breaking the film down.

He was talking about how leaving RG3 in the game was something he really questioned as the game was happening, but how much worse it looked after watching the tape. His statement was that there were "recievers wide open all over the field", but Griffin was unable to do anything about it.

I listened to Cossell as well on the Sports Reporters and heard the same thing.

He pretty much said "Redskins WR's were WIDE OPEN the entire game"

I think we could add 1 more WR but I don't think its a serious area of need. Kyle has proven he can get guys open.

The "dropped passes" excuse peope keep going to is nonsense. The only pass that could even remotely be considered a drop was the Hankerson play over the middle and that was a bad pass, too.

There was at least two out of his 9 incompletions that were dropped. He only threw 19 times. The game is on the torrent sites if you don't believe me. Drops is not as big as them not getting open, which is what I saw. Agree to disagree if you want, but I feel we need better receivers, especially in light of what happens when Garcon is hurt as well.

No one seems to remember, but Garcon got hurt as well early on and wasn't himself after. That had an affect. But, really, it was Robert's inability to throw accurately after he got hurt that killed us more than anything. We simply couldn't keep drives going and the Seahawks were able to crowd the line and stop Morris. That's why Kyle kept calling play action passes to try to get them to back off, but every poor throw Robert made only gave the Seattle D more confidence they can get away with what they were doing. Whenever Robert threw accurately, it was a completion. We forget he hit Moss for a couple of first downs on third down and he did hit Hankerson (though it was a little off target and Hank dropped it) in the 4th quarter, so plays were there to be made. Robert just couldn't get it done and Seattle benefited. That's all there is to it.

I'm happy with our WRs. We have the best group of guys here since forever. We just need a Harvin-type player who can line up in the backfield with Morris in the pistol and this offense will be ridiculous.

That's the fact! It was very easy to see that Griffins pain level was affecting his focus, concentration, and complete playing ability. If RG3 was healthy, the Redskins would be playing Atlanta tomorrow, that's for damn sure!

I listened to Cossell as well on the Sports Reporters and heard the same thing.

He pretty much said "Redskins WR's were WIDE OPEN the entire game"

I think we could add 1 more WR but I don't think its a serious area of need. Kyle has proven he can get guys open.

Yeah. I definitely want us to bring back Davis or find a comparable TE and then try to find another weapon WR (Tavon Austin would be sick, but probably too far out of our range)

It's not really a "need" but an opportunity to really supercharge to O.

They were getting molested. People asking what should we do? In FA get someone like Ramses Barden from the Giants and Ted Ginn, Jr. A 6'7" 200lb+ WR and one of the fastest men in the NFL. They both should come relatively cheaply and match them with what we already have. I don't think even Richard Sherman wins a battle with Ramses. Then, give them a dose of their own medicine. It is likely we will see them in the playoffs again and assuredly in the next regular season. Sign two big corners: Sean Smith (6'3"), MIami and Aqib Talib (6'1") NE. Let them do the same thing to the Seattle WR's. If it is a trend in the NFL, lets match the ability to play the same way.

It looked like he hurt his foot again fighting with one of the Seattle corners. Garcon is nasty, but Seattle's corner were just as bad and bigger then him.

And they were allowed to grab his face mask and do what they wanted. I guess that makes them bigger and badder.

And they were allowed to grab his face mask and do what they wanted. I guess that makes them bigger and badder.

I never said they were badder, but definitely bigger. Enough of the logical fallacies. Refs let them go further then I expected, but lets not act like Garcon is some kinda angel. He got a dose of his own medicine and none of us could match up with them.

I agree with dposton that we need to get bigger on both sides of the ball. It will help us better match with physical football teams and help negate speed teams like philly in our own division.

I'd love to see what would have happened if Wilson had done that.

No need, we saw them call a nit picky pass interference on Hall on an important third down. It was clear the Seahawks reputation was all the refs could think of. You know, they're such a physical defense so you have to let them play. Friggin bs.

---------- Post added January-12th-2013 at 01:37 PM ----------

I never said they were badder, but definitely bigger. Enough of the logical fallacies. Refs let them go further then I expected, but lets not act like Garcon is some kinda angel. He got a dose of his own medicine and none of us could match up with them.

lol, ok you said "just as bad". Wow, I was so off! ;)

But, logical fallacy? Really? You actually made that statement and then had the audacity to create a fallacy yourself by stating that I said Garcon is an angel?

Can't make this up. :ols:

lol, ok you said "just as bad". Wow, I was so off! ;)

But, logical fallacy? Really? You actually made that statement and then had the audacity to create a fallacy yourself by stating that I said Garcon is an angel?

Can't make this up. :ols:

And I never said you did call him an angel. Relax and re-read the posts...

And I never said you did call him an angel. Relax and re-read the posts...

I'm relaxed, trust me. :)

Ok, another good one from you, though... you said "I'm acting like he is". My bad. :ols:

Or, no, wait... you said "let's not act" in response to me. That may be different. :pfft:

I'm relaxed, trust me. :)

Ok, another good one from you, though... you said "I'm acting like he is". My bad. :ols:

Or, no, wait... you said "let's not act" in response to me. That may be different. :pfft:

I'm a computer technician, not a scholar, man! :) I want better receivers, and I know I'm not crazy because I'm winning the poll.

Edit: I know :)

I'm a computer technician, not a scholar, man! :) I want better receivers, and I know I'm not crazy because I'm winning the poll.

Edit: I know :)

:ols:

I'm just messing with you a little, my man. Don't be offended. :)

But, in my mind, it's all in context. I can't take the poll too seriously. We just came off of a tough playoff loss in which Robert was highly ineffective and our receivers were shut down. ES has proven to be incredibly short-sighted. Just look at how the coach who has brought this organization back from the dead is getting treated after a poor decision.

Just a couple weeks ago we had the greatest group of WRs ever, lol. Had you made this thread then I doubt it would even be close. ;)

I might buy that argument if we were talking about a series or two. But the whole 2nd quarter, the whole 3rd quarter, half the 4th quarter..... all of Griffin completely uncapable of moving the offense. At what point do we expectt the coach to do more than "trusting the QB's decision"?
Your right, a time came where he should have taken him out, and I'm sure he will in the future now.

You know what, I wish had made this poll earlier. I'll give this board more credit then that and still believe most fans here feel we can do better then Hankerson and Josh Morgan. We've been hearing rumblings about that way prior to the 7 game winning streak, during, and even in this thread right now.

I believe the polls more when there's more votes, like in the hundreds in polls I've made before.

You know what, I wish had made this poll earlier. I'll give this board more credit then that and still believe most fans here feel we can do better then Hankerson and Josh Morgan. We've been hearing rumblings about that way prior to the 7 game winning streak, during, and even in this thread right now.

I believe the polls more when there's more votes, like in the hundreds in polls I've made before.

But they also need ttime to grow together a little bit. As a group they did very well after very little time together. People need to give them a little time, they are all young.

What exactly happened to Garcon, I remember him winching once and then went back in.

I heard at one time that Garcon needed to have his shoulder popped back into place.

Not sure exactly when it happened but I do recall him being yanked by the arm by a CB, no call of course.

i saw griffin unable to move around and make the big throws to wide open receivers, if we had any kind of competent pass protection outside of trent williams then maybe we could have won, but when you cant expect griffin to sit in a pocket, when there is none, and make throws while getting teed off on, it doesnt work like that.... and for those who say cousins did it vs cleveland, rewatch that, they moved him around on bootlegs and killed them with play action, which wouldnt have worked vs seattle had we tried it with griffin

edit: where are we going to get the money to get any kind of talent better than what we have at wr? we have about 4 million going into next year... if we can find a way to get rid of that cap penalty id say go for it, but youre going to be bargain bin shopping for another year before we can go get some expensive toys....

That's what I explained to my Seahawk buddy that claimed that after the first quarter, when Seattle's D established themselves, the Redskins simply had no answer.

It's hard to answer when they were playing with one arm tied behind their back with RG3 gimping around in the state he was in.

I don't believe that. It wasn't like Griffin couldn't read coverage, what I saw was him not being able to make the tight passes between airtight coverage. A big reason why is because our guys weren't getting open enough. Our guys were getting hit and well covered because oddly enough they really don't blitz that much. Our offense is good at getting people open, but wasn't enough to match up against the way they play Defense. Griffin would've had to run the ball more to get first downs and sustain drives then he was able to, and that's why we lost.

I'm not sure why your more qualified to make that statement, when you didn't have access to game tape, but instead researched the fox broadcast. interestingly enough, I agree with Greg Cosell. with my limited view that the fox broadcast allows, I saw lots of receivers open. one play specifically comes to mind which was a play action fake with Morgan and Garçon running double moves on the outside. Both were literally wide open, but griffin hesitated and was sacked.

Archived