Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Are We A Playoff Team With Captain Kirk At The Helm?

LetThePointsSoar

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Have we really seen enough of Kirk to determine his overall, season-long, effectiveness? Of course not. The jury is still out and the sample size to evaluate him is far too small. From the actual health of RG3's knee to how valuable Cousins can be, the amount of armchair GMs on this board, who fully know how to direct the franchise, is just hilarious to me.

Shut up man... I know what I'm talking about here.:ols:

not even close. we won't be playing the Browns every week. without the threat of Robert nothing is gonna look the same on offense which leaves our leaky defense to save the day. good luck with that. I already wished my Giants friends a happy division title next year

not even close. we won't be playing the Browns every week. without the threat of Robert nothing is gonna look the same on offense which leaves our leaky defense to save the day. good luck with that. I already wished my Giants friends a happy division title next year

Give me a break. Our D should come back healthy next year. You forget we were without two starting-caliber safeties, Orakpo, and Carriker. If we get those guys on the field and upgrade the OL Cousins could win for us. Why so pessimistic?

Theres deff some Kool-aid drinking going on here.... i think I even read one post saying 12-4 with Kirk next yr....really???? Have you guys seen our schedule?

yea but then again last year we thought the second half of our schedule this year was the dough one. yes we won 7 in a row. You never know dude.

Give me a break. Our D should come back healthy next year. You forget we were without two starting-caliber safeties, Orakpo, and Carriker. If we get those guys on the field and upgrade the OL Cousins could win for us. Why so pessimistic?

because I've run out of optimism for this team. we win the division one week, the next week we lose our QB. he's not gonna look the same when he comes back and this only regresses his growth as a pocket passer. we're now an extra two years behind. 2014 at best, maybe 2015 to compete again

because I've run out of optimism for this team. we win the division one week, the next week we lose our QB. he's not gonna look the same when he comes back and this only regresses his growth as a pocket passer. we're now an extra two years behind. 2014 at best, maybe 2015 to compete again

So you think that the only reason we won was because of RG3? You don't think the rest of the team was markedly improved? Kirk Cousins could come out and light the world on fire (and that's IF we even need him).

Even if RG3 missed the entire 2013 season why the hell would it take us TWO MORE YEARS to compete again?

You are making no sense...

I have to disagree. Expectations of a first round pick will always be different than those of a fourth round pick. Rodgers was the second QB drafted and expected to replace Brett Favre when he hung it up. Kirk was what, the sixth QB taken? His expectations were career backup for our new star or developmental starter for future trade bait. It's really not comparable.

Their expectation may have been, but i am sure HIS expectations are not the same. He will get his shot, and have his chance to show what he can do.

yea but then again last year we thought the second half of our schedule this year was the dough one. yes we won 7 in a row. You never know dude.

I'd like to see the standings for the 2013 season. How are the Packers doing? What about the 9ers? I agree with you... you cannot tell how a team is going to be next year until it arrives.

Remember SD had the same issue, with Brees having shoulder surgery which you could say it maybe even more of an issue for a QB (I believe it was on the throwing arm side). at least RGIII can just become a pocket QB with always a danger of hurting you with his legs so he can protect his knee.

SD picked Rivers....how did that turn out. Remember Rivers was a high number 1 while Brees was a second round pick. Did Shanny say Cousins was a 2nd round pick on our board? man oh man

Scary!

So, just so I'm tracking. We think that Kirk is:

A. Tom Brady with an improved arm

B. Aaron Rodgers incarnate

and

C. Will win the division.

I'd say you are probably safe with C. Kirk is a good quarterback, but to suggest he belongs in any paragraph with A&B is laughable. If he were, Griff would be the backup and our FO would have failed even more miserably than in the Cerrato days. Perhaps we need more water in the Koolaid. It seems a bit strong.

Here's what we do know. Kyle runs a more Denver-esque offense (in the Elway days) that is effective against aggressive defenses. We are able to pound the football without the threat of a QB running. Kirk can manage a game and win a game when asked. BASED off ONE game. He is our back-up, we don't deal him. We need him if this happens again. This is why we drafted him.

Ill give you Rogers but not Brady. Brady was never expected to do anything. I watched the show on NFL network about him, and other than Bill no one had faith in him. FAIL!

So you think that the only reason we won was because of RG3? You don't think the rest of the team was markedly improved? Kirk Cousins could come out and light the world on fire (and that's IF we even need him).

Even if RG3 missed the entire 2013 season why the hell would it take us TWO MORE YEARS to compete again?

You are making no sense...

it was basically the same team on defense. Robert lifts the entire team. he's a real leader players can rally around and therefore it lifts their play. our defense looks good when we got a lead and can hold onto the ball on offense. I doubt either of those will be true next year

because we aren't gonna be 10-6 competitive with Captain Kirk. sorry. teams will treat our offense, and more importantly our offense line, just like any other team. that's really scary news for us.

Robert isn't coming back 100% with such an injury. therefore to think he'll be ready opening day is hilarious wishful thinking. he'll probably be back in time for a squad that's already out of it. at that point we should just wait till 2014. and the point is this offense we run is NOT sustainable. our only hope for the future is Robert getting a couple more offseasons in to learn how to be a pocket passer first. there's a damn good reason there are no good older running QBs, but pocket passers are playing into their late 30s. I know Robert can do both but he needs to move on from the running bull****

the bottom line is without Robert we're an average squad with average talent and our chances to truly compete for a championship depend on him learning how to run a real, top flight passing offense. if you think otherwise I'm sorry but you're setting yourself up for disappointment

I do love me some lamp...the searing warmth as I caress it...the feeling of-AHEM, got a little carried away there.

On Kirk, I just can't say. There's a lot of factors:

- Just how good is Kirk anyway?

- How good is the talent around him (Oline? WRs?)

- What happens if we get injuries. Like if Garcon goes down again, or, heaven forbid, Trent gets hurt for a long period?

- How tough is our schedule. I remember it being pretty rough.

When I first saw next year's schedule, I thought we were probably looking at anywhere from 8-8 to 11-5, depending on a lot of factors. With Kirk, I'm inclined to lower that range and take the lower end. That being said, there's too many factors for us to consider right now. We still have to go through FA and the draft.

And ALL THAT being said, RGIII is looking like he'll have a good shot at playing in at least 8 games next year, and might be in line for all 16.

Can't be sure on this one. Kirk definitely displayed some brilliance, but was that a flash in the pan or something that can be sustained? I think much of it all depends on how much of the offense game planning we do from week to week.

He did play the entire Brown's game? With just 1 week to practice with 1st squad.

it was basically the same team on defense. Robert lifts the entire team. he's a real leader players can rally around and therefore it lifts their play. our defense looks good when we got a lead and can hold onto the ball on offense. I doubt either of those will be true next year

because we aren't gonna be 10-6 competitive with Captain Kirk. sorry. teams will treat our offense, and more importantly our offense line, just like any other team. that's really scary news for us.

Robert isn't coming back 100% with such an injury. therefore to think he'll be ready opening day is hilarious wishful thinking. he'll probably be back in time for a squad that's already out of it. at that point we should just wait till 2014. and the point is this offense we run is NOT sustainable. our only hope for the future is Robert getting a couple more offseasons in to learn how to be a pocket passer first. there's a damn good reason there are no good older running QBs, but pocket passers are playing into their late 30s. I know Robert can do both but he needs to move on from the running bull****

the bottom line is without Robert we're an average squad with average talent and our chances to truly compete for a championship depend on him learning how to run a real, top flight passing offense. if you think otherwise I'm sorry but you're setting yourself up for disappointment

Again... who said we're without Robert? You already gave up on the team without knowing whether he'll be there or not!

Again... who said we're without Robert? You already gave up on the team without knowing whether he'll be there or not!

Pesimism is the negativity that has kept this team down and now that we are winning again, on the rise back to where we were in the late 70's, 80's and early 90's.. Fans need to be more optomistic and keep the positive energy around this team through support. Reports this morning after Robert's surgery seem pretty promising. If Robert missing the first couple games and Kirk has the entire offseason to prepare, I am more than sure this team will be fine and the defense will be better next year.

Pesimism is the negativity that has kept this team down and now that we are winning again, on the rise back to where we were in the late 70's, 80's and early 90's.. Fans need to be more optomistic and keep the positive energy around this team through support. Reports this morning after Robert's surgery seem pretty promising. If Robert missing the first couple games and Kirk has the entire offseason to prepare, I am more than sure this team will be fine and the defense will be better next year.

Thank you... exactly! Kirk looked capable and was awesome at Michigan St. He could come in and help us dominate... you never know!! There is hope either way, people!!

Again, there are just too many decisions to be made (free agency, draft, re-signing, not re-signing players) from now until the season begins to even think about. I'm not even looking at the 2013 season as of yet until the Super Bowl is finished. I think once May roles around, we'll have a better idea of where the team is and where Robert is on his rehab. As has been said in another thread, Phillip Rivers had his ACL replaced and was in training camp that August, put up 4000 yards and 31 TDs. We need to not just pump the brakes, we need to flat spot the tires as of now.

Archived